WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2013

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Hi just wanted to tell everyone made my goal weight tonight and am very Happy about it now I must keep it off so I will keep eating healthy and keep doing my workout 106 1/2 pounds gone :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:

Congratulations on reaching your goal! I hope you will stick around to cheer the rest of us on.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and once again, thank you for your continuing support.

Well, the doctor didn't let me leave the hospital yesterday as I had a fever and he convinced me that I would be of no use to my father. DH went over to sit with dad last night and my daughter is flying over from Germany later today for the weekend. Bless her, it's costing her a fortune to get flights at the last minute - I almost feel like sending the bill to my siblings! Anyway, I should be home on Sunday if I am improved enough by then.

The truth is, my brother and sister are actually both lovely people - they are just both so wrapped in their own lives and their immediate family that my dad is of no real interest to them.

Anyhow, I'm off to drag my drip around the corridors for a while now - still need to get my exercise!

Have a great day my lovely friends.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

Anyhow, I'm off to drag my drip around the corridors for a while now - still need to get my exercise!

Amanda, I am trying to picture you dragging your drip around the hospital corridors and I can't decide whether to imagine a metal device with a bag of saline hanging from it, or a skinny teenager with acne and knobby knees. :noway: I'm pleased that you've been persuaded to care for yourself by staying in the hospital and that your wonderful daughter is coming to help out with your dad. Your DH sounds pretty special, too.:flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,817 Member
    Options
    morning Ladies,
    well I was gonna go to the gym this morning, ready to walk out the door, and decided to go for a walk instead, it appears to me i burn more calories walking than anything else. we shall see how my left foot feels later this afternoon....
    wow. amazing hitting your goal 106 lbs.. how long did it take you? I am struggling to get a lb off here and a lb off there.
    working 10 -5 and tomorrow 7:30-noon ,i work 2 saterdays a month because no one else will work them.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Amanda:smile: Glad your staying put till your better!!! What a wonderful daughter you have flying in to help, and DH too!!!

I should have the results of my tests later today from the Dr., she did a thyroid test, Vit. D, and complete blood panel. I had gained according to their scale 7 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks:huh: :sad: , I weighed on my scale this morning and according to it, gained 4 pounds, I don`t like either number:sad: . To make it a more depressing day, yesterday afternoon I slammed my finger in my pantry door:noway: , right on my knuckle:cry: , it is now swollen and blue, and HURTS. Typing is not helping it at all:noway: ! I`m hoping for a better day today! And I`m really looking forward to the weekend!!!!! I have an electrician coming to house at 8am today, hopefully he`ll get the camera situation repaired! Better get myself dressed and a bit of makeup on so I don`t scare him:tongue::laugh: .

Have a wonderful day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in once again soggy NC
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning Vit. F friends!

Amanda- Glad you are following the doctor's advice and that your DH and DD are both helping out with your dad. Take care of yourself!! Prayers and hugs are coming your way.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee- I feel the same way about the scales.:grumble: My weight has slowly crept up, but fluctuates wildly from day to day. I think a lot of it is water weight. I am very sensitive to the heat and humidity, but I hate the numbers I am seeing. I am pushing lots of water, but not getting as much exercise as I would like. I feel very lethargic with the heat and humidity. Trying to push through. Hope they get the cameras fixed.

Grandmallie- Hope your foot hold up to the walking. I broke a foot and tore a tendon almost two years ago and it still bothers me at times. Walking barefoot on the beach must not be good for it. It still is hurting since my trip to Maine a few weeks ago.

106 pounds and at goal!! Fantastic!! Let us know what you did and how you maintain the loss!:flowerforyou:

On Tuesday we kayaked for three and a half hours on the Black River. It felt great!! It was a little cooler on the river than at home and there was a breeze. It was good exercise and a great chance to spend time with a group of people we only see when kayaking. Lots of fun!!

Yesterday I spent the day on a lake with friends from work.(2 have retired already). Another very relaxing day. Today I need to get some work done around the house. Our new refrigerator doesn't fit where the old one did. This has lead to some much needed remodeling. We will be busy with that for a few days. I also need to start my "spring cleaning". As a teacher, my springs are just too busy to get it done, so I usually need to do it in the summer. It is also time for me to start reviewing and preparing to teach geometry, trig, and precalculus. All new courses for me and ones I haven't done much with since college.
    I also need to get in my workout with weights and a ling walk. Better get going!!

Have a wonderful day and stay hydrated!!

Deb A in CNY
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

What a dreary day here on the East Coast:sad: . I was expecting sunshine and heat and only got the heat and dark clouds. Drat. Didn’t help that my cat alarm went off at 3:15 am:grumble: . I got up about an hour and a half later and went and worked out (legs and back, abs) but was really dragging through the workout. Then I dragged myself through the shower, through my protein shake, to the store and back, and I’m just getting to my coffee:yawn: . Whew – hope the day picks up!

DH and I went for a lovely walk last night – it was still warm and sticky but it went quickly because we talked the whole way. He’s starting to get worry from his ex about DSS, who isn’t really showing a lot of motivation as far as getting ready for school and life. I tend to agree with her more than DH in these areas but I really needed to let him just talk. It was good. Then the Phillies won – so very good night. Maybe that’s why I’m dragging today?

DebA, you look so wonderful in your pictures – and you’re so close to your goal!:drinker: :flowerforyou: Good job. Kayaking sounds fun – I’m going to try it in Cali next month. Good luck getting ready for school – oh, my, school already. Sheesh.

DeeDee, - :frown: I’m so sorry to hear about your vicious scale and pantry experiences. Hopefully things will turn around.

Amanda, I think you should send the bill to them! I’m sure they’re lovely people – but family is family. Well, they’ll sort it out. I’m hoping the fever goes away quickly and it’s just your body saying you need to stay put and rest.

Topskaren: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:drinker::flowerforyou: That’s really quite an accomplishment – you’ve lost a whole person! Hope you keep coming back.

Kat, ain’t the weather a peach? Ugh. I hope the SSS keeps those pesky bugs at bay. Do you know you’re about a couple of miles away from me? I’m right over the border in PA – Elkton is about the closest big town. It sounds like you may have wild raspberries – they’re more common here than blackberries and have smaller, finer thorns. I noticed on our walk last night that they are ripening now – I’m going out to pick some as soon as the ^&*)&(& rain stops.

Jodios, Have you seen the picture of the difference between a pound of fat and a pound of muscle? It’s pretty shocking. Anyway, that’s a great NSV!:flowerforyou:

Well, it’s Friday, that’s all I can say. I’m planning to spend some time in the yard this weekend – I need to trim bushes back desperately, and I’ll need to move my squash plants into my garden – planting them in the island was a disaster because the deer have been feasting on them:mad: . If I hope to get anything I’m going to have to protect them. Fortunately I have lots of space to put them there now. Then I’m going to the ball game on Sunday:drinker: .

Cheers!

M.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,368 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Amanda- glad some one is helping you out. Rest, rest and more rest is required after such an op. :flowerforyou:

Dee dee - hope your day improves. That pesky scale! I am still impatiently waiting to get into healthy BMI. It wont play ball:grumble:

Jodios - how great to have a DD to go shopping for smaller clothes with. But it did feel bad to get so little money for my "best" dresses when I sold them. They were gorgeous. I haven't rung them recently to see if they've all sold. Must do that. Like you I am finding that my size is a bit smaller now than I was at the same weight before. Especially on the bottom half. That used to be my biggest bit proportionally, now my waist is out of proportion and the hips and thighs have shrunk. I can hardly believe it's me when I look down at them when I'm cycling. I used to have "saddle bags" even when I was a skinny teenager. Buying pants was a nightmare. Now someone stole my saddlebags.:laugh: :tongue:

It is great in this hot weather to be able to wear sleeveless tops. I hated my arms so much. I have a lot of wrinkly skin, like someone let a balloon down, but they are not great big legs of venison any more. I have even been able to leave my lymphedema sleeve off occasionally. Some of my tops are quite skimpy :blushing: :blushing: though I did put a shrug on to go food shopping this pm. Don't want to scare the natives!

I have made my Summer Pudding and just hope the juice soaks through the bread. You have to balance weights on top of it. I can't wait now for visitors so we can eat it.:drinker:

Still waiting for my new wedge sandals to arrive. Every time a van goes past I think it's them!

Tere - I listen to BBC Radio 4 when I'm doing my gymming. DH and I do it together sometime between 8 and 10 for about an hour. We usually catch a bit of news and then an informative programme, so I feel my brain is being exercised along with my body!:laugh: Sometimes, I have to admit, it is a little boring.:huh: On Fridays it is Desert Island Discs, which I love, and the combination of interview, biographical details and the music the subject has chosen certainly makes the hour go faster! Sometimes I hardly notice the time passing I am so interested and DH and I comment on their choices. Last week it was Stephen Pinker from Harvard, whose book, The Better Angels of Our Nature, I love. All his choices of music were ones I might have made! I told DH that we ought to invite him for dinner as I am sure we would get on.:love::bigsmile:
    When I used to go to the gym in London I did the same as Joyce and watched my favourite TV programme. Now I watch it in a state of collapse lying on the bed after my gymming. :laugh: And reading all your posts. :heart: Oh the joys of being 63 and retired!:drinker: :smile: :wink:

Love to all. Hope those in a funk or stalling in their aims soon find it turning around.

Heather in perfect summer weather in Hampshire UK:flowerforyou:
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all

Love reading all of the posts but don't have much time to respond but I feel like I'm getting to know you all.

Someone asked me (several pages ago) what kind of dogs I have. I have two personal dogs and (at this time) 5 foster dogs. My personal ones are both mixes, Duncan - 14 year old border collie/foxhound and Zoe - 10 year old small version of a flat-coated retriever. I volunteer and foster for a local rescue group. Currently have a variety of ages and breeds. I have two that were abused and terrified of people that are now physically healthy and gaining more trust of people. I also have 4 cats that are fosters. Needless to say they keep us busy.

Heading out of town on Wednesday for a few day for our anniversary. Some may know of the area, Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland. Hopefully it won't mean gaining back the few pounds I've lost and the weather is nice so we're able to get out and do some hiking and other activities.

Question - I've downloaded MFP on my phone but don't seem to find that I can see the Community section. Does anyone else use the mobile version too and are you able to read and post to this site? I have the Android operating system.
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I've just done my last workout before flying home to England on Monday. I need to make sure I keep moving and watch log my food when I'm at my Mum's! Heather, I love summer pudding ... English berries are so good. Someone mentioned cobbler here but I think that's more similar to a crumble. I haven't seen anything very similar to summer pud over here. Now I'm drooling.

Helen in Needham, MA
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday :happy: :flowerforyou:

k- I would be afraid of a bear too…yikes :noway:

tere – I agree music makes the time go much faster. My DD prefers watching tv/movie while on the treadmill but I much prefer music.

Meg – are you able to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder? I am on the ground floor of an apartment building and my cats go nuts when they see the birds in the trees, they both made the strangest noises :laugh:

Barbie – congrats on finishing kevrit’s 28 day squat challenge, my poor arthritic knees don’t like squats

Janie – good for you, I am the opposite when it comes to the scale I can’t do it more than once a week because I do freak about the ups even if it’s 1 lb. Congats on the smaller and more fitted t-shirt. :flowerforyou:

Amanda – I’m with everyone else, I can’t believe how heartless your siblings are being about your dad. Please be careful with your own health or you won’t be able to help your dad. I’m glad the dr convinced you to stay. Your DH & DD are so amazing to do that for your dad. Try and rest and recouperate. :heart:

Sandy in Ohio – that’s great that the rain has finally stopped there. I hope you can get your walks in outdoors and enjoy the sunshine :happy:

Patceoh – I totally understand about not being able to do much exercise, but counting calories is a great way too! Walking always helps

Katla – my shiskabobs were soooooo easy, I cut up 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts into chunks. I used the new Kraft roasted yellow pepper salad dressing and a about ½ tsp of Dijon mustard with a touch of fresh rosemary and marinated the chicken overnight, then I cut up all colours of peppers, some onion pcs, alternated them all onto skewers and then put them on the bbq. The chicken just about melted in my mouth.

Lucy – I struggle with sodium too. I seriously had no clue how much was in some foods. I plan my meals for the week. On Sunday’s I bbq most of my meat for the week and then store it in the fridge. Whatever I have for dinner is what I take for my lunch the next day. I prepare my snacks on Sundays too. This week I weighed & packed up green beans into containers so I knew exactly how much and what I was eating. It seems the only way I can pretty much stay away from premade food and keep my sodium levels down. I can fill in my food diary for the entire next day. This allows me to make any adjustments that need to be made too.

Grandmallie- sorry to hear about your heel, you definitely need to take care of that. Are you doing anything for it? Do you soak it? I find it amazing how many labels I read now when I do the grocery shopping, even my DD is doing it now :laugh:

Eileen – yikes, did you just have to sit and wait? I am so NOT a person who likes to wait, patience is a virture, just not one of mine :happy:

Robin – I’m so happy for you that you won’t have to work for “her” anymore. What a relief that must be. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Phyllis – welcome, I too have arthritis in my knees & spine. Do what you can but don’t push it and hurt yourself.

Joyce – sorry to hear about your headaches. I feel your pain. I hope the dr can help you.

M. – that’s good to know about sleep getting better as you lose weight. I am not holding out much hope as I have never slept well, even as a child I was up during the night.

Jodios – wow, that’s a great NSV but I can see how it would have been so frustrating yesterday morning. I’m sure you & your DD will have a great time filling your closet with clothes that you love and that fit you.

Kat – yay that you no longer have sleep apnea. I can’t even imagine having to sleep with that thing on my face. I don’t think I’d sleep again :noway:

Topskaren – CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal weight :flowerforyou:

DeeDee – OUCH, I hope your finger feels much better. I’m sitting here and feeling your pain :sad:

Deb – wow kayaking sounds like so much fun and a great way to burn some calories.

Kayak_kutie – wow you certainly have a house full of furbabies. I have the app on my phone but I don’t use it very often.

My boss is off today so I’m alone in the office. I’ve counted all my steps to places in my office. It’s 20 steps to his desk, 10 steps to the water cooler (which is ½ way to his desk) and 15 steps to the bathroom (5 steps past the water cooler). From the front door to my desk is 18 steps. The printer is 5 steps from my desk. Needless to say there isn’t much room here to get my steps in. When he’s not here then I just walk back and forth, I hope no one is looking in the windows

I’m so happy that it’s Friday…yahoo. I hope evyerone has a great day.

Sandy from Ontario :heart:
  • memartinmsw
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group and although July is almost half over I thought I would post anyway, just to start the process of (hopefully) getting to know other women who are over 50 and struggling with their weight. I have gained so much weight since my hysterectomy a few years ago and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around my post-menopausal body (which is challenging since it's so much bigger than before - ha). My goals for July are/were to continue logging every piece of food that goes in my mouth and to exercise daily, and as a consequence I'm hoping to develop a stronger connection between my brain and body. My biggest challenge at this stage of life is dealing with overwhelming stress and pressures, as well as all of the other things that go along with being in one's 50s, including empty nesting, without turning to food as filler, comfort, etc. I've been doing relatively well in the last few weeks, but yesterday was not so great, which is why I'm joining this group today - hoping to build more of a community (since in my offline world everyone I know is thin and doesn't seem to have to work that hard to remain so), and increased accountability.

So hello to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all through your posts, etc.

Michelle
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies- Another beautiful day here in Az, albeit a bit cloudy. That means it won't hit the triple digits, and life will be wonderful!

I am still having trouble keeping my eating in check, but I am recording everything I eat (even if it embarrasses me), hopefully, I will be jerked back into sanity soon.

I really miss swimming in the big pool, this little one just doesn't feel like exercise.

Lucy- I am with you on the food need. A shake feels like the beverage that goes with a meal, not a meal. Because they are usually very sweet, they could be the treat after a meal, but they just don't work as The Meal. Glad I am not alone in this stance because I get the feeling if I could just accept a glass of something as a meal, I could/might lose faster.

Katla- Animal Control needs to be more aggressive with your neighbor, a large fine might make her see the light. Feeding foxes is dangerous-- feeding any wild animal is dangerous!

Phyllis- Congratulations on the 5 lb loss! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:

Joyce- I think calling the doctor is a great idea, I hope you get relief soon. Take care.

Judios- Congratulations on the super NSV! Awesome! :flowerforyou:

TopsKaren- Wowww! You are an inspiration! Congratulations and thanks for sharing this great news. :flowerforyou: :smile:

Amanda- I am glad you are taking care of yourself. You must be able to count extra exercise points for dragging the drips behind you, right? :laugh:

Helen- Have a wonderful trip home! Safe travels, my friend.

I just reread what I wrote about shakes. It is odd to me that putting fruit, ice, some form of milk into a blender and calling it a shake doesn't satisfy me as a meal. Even adding protein powder doesn't make it satisfying. But, I am perfectly fine having the same items, sans protein powder, in a bowl and eating it with a spoon. I am so weird.

Ok- Today I am going back across the Valley to my house to check the mail, water my plants, and get my scrapbooking stuff. I have a class at the scrapbook store this afternoon and a crop this evening. I will not be staying as long as usual because I will have to drive all the way back here afterwards. I have decided, however, that when I come home this evening, I will come by freeway instead of the back roads. It is longer, but I will feel safer off the backroads. Yes, I am a weenie as well as being weird!

Have a great Friday!

Pat
  • altygirl
    altygirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pat - I agree with you about shakes. I've used them as a meal replacement this week a couple of times just because of trying to drop a few more pounds before my trip. The best time for me to have a protein shake is as a snack after a good workout. I didn't realize you were in AZ. We had a wonderful vacation there a couple of years ago - Sedona and then Phoenix to see friends. Loved it.

I have just entered the 21st century because my new iPhone has arrived. It's not a 5 because we were able to get an iPhone 4 free with a plan and I'm completely new to smartphones. Now, how to work the darn thing .....

Helen in Needham.
  • janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    Just a quick update, now that I've read up I haven't enough time to do more.

Enjoyed dinner with family last night. Scale this morning said I didn't gain anything. Let's hear it for proactive exercising! Didn't end up doing 3 mile DVD workout because knee was too sore. Did the leg machines at the gym along with the treadmill & abdominal machine. I guess I should have put that off a day. Instead, I will make this a walking only day and maybe take a day off from machines.

TopsKaren – OMG, you must be dancing everywhere you go! What a wonderful and amazing testament to your determination to get to your goal. Great job, please stay up with us all and share future successes.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,368 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my wedges have arrived and they are great! I will no longer have to torture myself when I get dressed up. No more tottering down the road in agony! :drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile:
    Heather UK
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!!Michele welcome.
    Hubby finished school finally.Got his master`s in business.Hopefully,new adventures for him.
    We have another beautiful low humidity day and low 80`s but by next week-90`s.
    Have a great day!!
    HUGS
    jane
  • MambyB
    MambyB Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been looking for a group closer to my age. I never had trouble losing weight until 5 years ago. I have been fairly consistently working at 1200 calories or less per day and walking 3-5 times per week. In over 3 months I have lost only 1 lb. Very discouraging! The advice is ridiculous-eat more, eat less, change when you eat, change what you eat. Really! Something has to work, my doctor told me to try the South Beach diet so that will be my next effort.:huh:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies. I finally got caught up on my reading the posts. We are such an active group and inspiring. It is another HOT day in Nebraska. High 90's for the next couple days. I just do not do well with heat. Been doing alot of walking around the hospital at work. Helps add steps to my totals. I work 7-3 tomorrow and will weigh in the morning first thing. I am hoping for atleast 2 pound loss so will be at 90 pounds.

Marcie- I've eaten Steel cut oats. I try and eat oatmeal most the time as easy to fix and take to work for breakfast. then just warm it up at break.
    Heather- I am jealous of your open windows and cool breeze. I would love to visit England someday, But I have never flown and not sure I ever will. I keep telling my kids if I can not drive somewhere it is not worth going. But the older I get the more I realize how much I am missing.
    DeeDee- Great news on the skin results. I hate needles and have learn to poke my fingers once a day to take BS, but shots and lab work is another story. Pray the rest of your results come back postive. OUCH!! hope you finger is better.. I have a bad habit of hitting my toe in the dark and it will turn black and blue and hurt for days. Just when it starts to feel better I end up doing it again.
    grandmallie- I understand what you mean about wanting to eat everything in site. Must be the weather as when I am home I have to work at staying out of the kitchen. I have seen that Geico ad. One of our pastoral staff has started running around on Wednesdays saying (What day is it) over and over.
    Katla- Hope you got your cable issues worked out. We had direct tv for several years and they kept upping the price and the service was not good. Then they took money out of our account that was not owed. It took us almost 3 months to get it back and it was over $400 dollars. My DH was very upset and so was I. We now have a package deal with Charter, phone, internet and cable. Alot happier.
    terewilliams- I am better then I used to be dealing with DH's ex's. He was married several times before and has children with 4 different ones. I call it his wild years. We have been married almost 20 years so had to deal along time. I thought it would get better when the kids grew up. But for some reason the two girls have the mom living with them. So when we see the grandkids I have to deal with ex's. I have gotten pretty good at killing them with kindness.LOL
    Amanda- Glad you are following doctors and staying in the hospital. God Bless your DH and DD. You have done right by them. Your siblings will be sorry someday.
    Janie- This is my main postting site. I do post on my newsfeed also, but this is my favorite and gives me the support I need.
    CritterSue- glad to see you back. Was woundering if you were ok. Hope you are doing better and remember we are here and care.
    Kat- I use dryer sheets when I am outside. Just wipe my arms and legs and keep it in my pocket. Seems to work pretty good. I understand your feelings about dentist. When I was little my mom took us to a dental college. I still have nightmares. About 7 years ago I had to have all mine pulled and got dentures. I wish I would of done it years ago. Now I tell myself I never have to go again. LOL. One thing I have learned is when you lose weigh your mouth changes so at some point I will have to get new ones. But there will be no drilling or needles.
    Meg- Congrates on the the loss. Each one counts. I have to keep reminding myself I did not gain this weight overnight and I will not lose it overnight. But I will lose it for the last time.
    Renny- congrates on the new GD. What a Blessing. I just love spending time with mine. Sorry to hear about the train accident. Prayers go out to eveyone.
    Pat- I agree I wish I was born 100 years ago, before everything was so fast and noisy. When we go back to Iowa to visit our DS and family I enjoy stopping in the Amish as they seem so calm and laid back.
    K-WW- I love to dance. One of my goals is to lose enough weight that my DH and I can go dancing without me being out of breath and back hurting. Years ago we took acouple dance classes and really enjoied it.
    Robin- Congrates on being done with the old and starting with the new job and boss.
    Joyce- hope the headach is better, did you call the doctor??
    Jodios- Great NSV. Have fun shopping with DD.
    Topskaren- Great news on reaching your goal. 106 pounds WOW!! Keep coming back and remind us it can be done.
    Welcome Micheel- This is a great group and lots of support. My offline life people just smile when I say I am trying to lose the weight. Guess they have heard it so many times.
    Jane- great new DH got his masters. Beginning of a new adventure for both of you.
    Well best get busy and get somethings done around here as off today and work tomorrow. DH was just home for lunch and sounds like when he gets home this evening we are going on an motorcycle ride. I do enjoy that. Go over to Chapman (about 12 miles) and check on a friend that lives alone and has been having some health issues. Have a good afternoon and stay cool.
    Blessed! Vicki57 NE
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm not gone - honest I'm not!!! Just so busy, can't read, can't post. I miss all the chatter. I'll be back.