Just checking Ladies :flowerforyou:
    Love and Healing Peace to All who wish it :heart:

Will be catching up.

Molly in humid West Virginia
  • Alicia7519
    Alicia7519 Posts: 160
    Options
    Good evening wonderful wimmins!

Today, I was under my calorie goal! I still have to work on the water and I need to do some cardio.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    Options
    Good morning on another glorious summer's day in the south of England. The window is open and the breeze is blowing in from the fields. Perfect !

I'm off to yoga in half an hour. Gardengail or Grandmallie, forgotten which, I will be wearing my racer back running top which got loads of compliments last week. I am also having delivered soon some TIGHT capri running pants. And I am 63! You can most definitely do it.:heart:

Michele. - if you pick this up on someone's computer, HAVE A GREAT TRIP! I'm shouting to cross the Atlantic.:flowerforyou: I wish I were joining you in Paris. Madrid sounds a bit hot for me, though the Spanish do every thing at night and don't eat until 10pm!:noway:

Tere - Welcome back. I was wondering where you had got to. I hope all your life events resolve themselves.:flowerforyou:

Joyce - what excellent eating. A real NSV. I do exactly what you did - eat the crumbs and a scraping of sauce and the I feel I know what it tastes like, I feel I have had some and I am satisfied and don't feel deprived. WTG!!!!:flowerforyou:

With regard to the face exercises - was it Janie? - I don't think they really work for crepey neck. That is one of my problems as well and I decided the neck exercises were a waste of time, only stretching the skin. They work best at the muscles under the skin, so cheeks, jowls, eye area, but not the skin as such. I just stick a lot of moisturising cream on my neck. They say it takes 2 years for skin to shrink !:sad: But my whole face is looking more alive and less hang dog. I used to think I looked miserable even when I wasn't. !!!!!

Love to all. Must rush off to yoga.

Heather in gorgeous, rural Hampshire UK
  • castle61
    castle61 Posts: 1
    Options
    Within the past week I have bought a pedometer. Despite trying hard to lose weight I have had little success. No wonder! I have clocked in under 500 steps on two days and on others I am about 2500! Starting on the 7th July I have been using the treadmill and got to 4000- a much better result. My aim is to reach 5000 everyday. We will see from there if I will increase the amount or not!
    I have lost 4 inches on my waist since I started this programme in May which has given my confidence a great boost.
    Mary
  • MaMa2Charley
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

First hello and good morning to you all.

Heather-Woo hoo on the inches lost. Now keep them gone forever. I really enjoy Chef Gordon. I can do without the cuss words but he seems to be a wonderful man. I watch all 3 of his shows. My mom use to do face exercises and I have been using Oil of Olay FOREVER!

DeeDee-my diet is well rounded. I can have fish, turkey and chicken. I think I now quack in my sleep! The rest of the foods are typical except for nuts and seeds of any kind. I do not like TOFU! It wasn't too hard to give up the meat but I did like my nuts. TMI I have taken a bite of a 'can't have' chewed it and then spit it out! It makes me :smile:

Liz- I do hope that you and your DH are better today and continue to heal.

Helen- HOME is such a wonderful word. Enjoy going home when you go.

Tina-HOT is not my favorite word either.

Jodios-I LOVE to cook. I love trying new foods. I just made some nopales (cactus paddles). Can't wait to hear more about the classes.

Leisha-PATIENCE! You will do this as I know that you want to so you shall.

Joyce-I hope that today will be a better day.

Michele-I love mahjongg. Never played the game where you need 4 people but have and do play all of the others. Enjoy.

Mallie-Saggy butt indeed! I thought I was happy to see the weight get off mine but then it has no padding when I sit! You made me :happy:

Pat-I love learning. The www is my book of knowledge. What I had was called a Torsed Appendicial Epiloic!
    It is an uncommon, benign, self-limiting inflammatory process of the epiploic appendices.
    Epiploic appendices are small, fat-filled sacs or (Mine was this one)
    .> finger-like projections. Mine was atached to my appendix! VERY painful!! :devil:

Joyce-GREAT victory at the Golden Corral.

Juanita-congrat's on the 10 lb. loss. Keep it up.

Meg-hope your weigh in was a nice surprise.

Barbie-I love your gratitude list. I send myself a positive attitude note. I found where I can change my goals to fit my needs and I am happy to say my numbers are so much better. Red is my favorite color but not when it comes to seeing them in red here! I have researched healthy snacks and other foods and am pleased to say that I am going to the store for some low GI foods and I am armed with a lot of great info. Thank you for your help and concern.

K-WELCOME :bigsmile:

Today is our store day. I have a lot of stored info in my head as to what I want to buy that is MORE healthy for ME.
    I use to keep track of foods (doc ordered) many eons ago. I now find it so helpful and interesting. (3 days so far) What I thought I knew about nutrition and such has been in error in some ways and in other ways I have been right on!
    I need to stop thinking about I don't like this and that and give some things another try.
    Self talk can be so negative at times.
    Today I have a smile on my face and a plan in my mind. How can I go wrong?

Ladies, you are worth all the effort that you put into making changes. Always remember that you are not alone.

Marcie in 74 degrees (at this writing) CO :flowerforyou:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning dear ladies from a hot and sunny London.

Unfortunately I'm still in the hospital with drips and drains so I don't get to enjoy the summer. Hopefully I will be home at the beginning of next week - with a bit of luck we will still have summer for a while.

I am typing this on my netbook, which is as blessing in disguise as I have spent the morning buying stuff online!

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well - no matter what difficulties you are facing at present. One thing that being the other side of fifty as taught me, we are a heck of a lot stronger than we could ever have imagined. Find your strength and roll with it!

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I just re-read what I had written above and want to just point out that the drips and drains are not people :tongue: x
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    well back from my walk.. got on the darn scale and still 2 1/2 lbs up:grumble: been drinking water like it's goin out of style, with lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne,to no avail... will keep on ,keepin on,not giving up whatsover
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Meg:smile: I was without my news feed yesterday too, I missed all my friends:sad: . Thankfully it`s back up this morning, however it`s not showing where I completed my exercise and food diary:huh: :ohwell: ! You know we would never de-friend you:tongue: !

Marcie:smile: For some reason I thought you could have no meats at all including chicken, fish:blushing: , I love red meat, however I think I could eat fish every day:love: . It makes more sense to me now, thank you for explaining it to me, I`m sorry if I was too nosy:embarassed: . I don`t like tofu either:noway: . Sounds like you`ve got a good plan for today!

Michele:smile: Have a wonderful trip, hope all goes smoothly!

Heather:smile: have a wonderful time at yoga! Your description of the window open and a breeze blowing in sounds just delightful. It is cloudy and gray once again here this morning, and HUMID, if I had my windows open everything would just feel wet:cry: .

Amanda:smile: Good to see you!!! Hope you`re recovering and will be home soon:flowerforyou: ! Shopping on line:love: , I did a little of that yesterday:bigsmile: . I seem to always find more on line than I do in the stores. Chanel just came out with the new fall makeup and I spent a little bit of money on that website, they have a new Khaki/bronze mascara , since my eyes are mostly green I thought I`d give it a try, along with a few other things:tongue: ! Hope you feel better soon!

Grandmallie:smile: Keep drinking the water:drinker: , it takes awhile sometimes to flush all the sodium out:sad: !

Pat (Phoo):smile: I always enjoy reading your posts, you make me giggle and smile:laugh: :happy: . Hope you enjoy your housesitting!

Welcome to everyone new:flowerforyou: ! Please come in and chat often!

Well I must run, I have an appt. with my dermatologist this morning, hopefully she won`t find anything that needs to be taken off!

Have a great day ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in still soggy NC:sad:
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Well i'm back from a very nice 6 day musical trip went to a bluegrass and country festival. Lots of fun lots of late nights. They had jam sessions until 6 in the morning I didn't stay that late went to bed in around 1 or 2 every morning. But layed and listened to the music. Was very nice. Some people complained but all I said was Hey can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. Meaning don't care for music stay home.

I was very lucky I stayed at my same weight over the six days. So i'm happy with that. I even had a tunnel cake didn't know what it was had heard of them good but only had one. Hubby thought i'd be hooked and get one every day but I didn't I could see 1000 calories in one. Didn't want that. Had my 70 calorie popsicles instead.

So now i'm ready to face the music and get this body back under 200 lbs. I won't ask where is the body I used to have because this is the one I was given. But now I need to sculpt it back in shape. But then round is a shape right. Wonder which is best round or square. LOL.

See you all lighter.
    Will try hard to take part in this site more.
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Heather- i aspire to be you then girlfriend!!!!:bigsmile:
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone – what a crazy summer we’re having. It’s already deep into July and the rain will.not.stop. Hot, humid, and I have no idea where all the water’s going. It’s crazy. :sad:

I drove home from NC on Sunday early – left at 6am. I’m glad I did – I zipped through DC with only a slight delay north of Richmond (horrible roll-over accident on the other side – definitely ruined someone’s summer vacation plus the thousands of people blocked behind it) and made it home in good time, but summer vacation drivers are something else. DH was only an hour behind me (he drove down with DSS earlier in the week) but between stopping for lunch, getting lost (hehehe) and another horrible accident around 895 he was almost four hours late when he got home – and in a horrible mood. I was watching the game but finally had to give up and go to another room to get away from the oppressive air. He still hasn’t recovered grr:grumble: .

Anyway, vacation was wonderful – perfect weather, lots of sun (and now I’m peeling:blushing: ), some go-carts and miniature golf and good food, friends, laughs, games and drinks:flowerforyou: :drinker: . Pretty much just what a vacation should be. I spent part of the time wishing DD and DGD could be there, but it might be something we have to plan separately.

DS called yesterday morning to ask if I could buy him a ticket to Cali for the niece’s wedding. Hah. If he’s too old for me to carry him on my insurance, I think he’s old enough to start at least contributing to his vacations. I already “loaned” him money when he went bust while on his month-long excursion after the ski season . . . so I told him to use the money he was going to pay me back with to buy his own ticket. I’m such a mean mom.:angry:

Then my nephew called and asked if I could put him on my cell phone plan. His is a sad case – his father (I’ve never met him but he seems like a bit of a deadbeat) is dying of tongue and throat cancer – weeks to live. Anyway, the nephew also wanted the fanciest phone available. And DSS needed a check to cover the cell phone call from Costa Rica this spring when he and his friends decided to test out the local beverages while on a school trip . . . ahem. Felt like a darned expensive day, I’ll tell you.

And the scale was up a pound. Grr:explode: . It’s definitely time for a wholesale reset. So I’ve had my smoothie, worked out last night before I went to watch the game, working out again this morning, and then I’m going to start meal-planning for the week each and every week so I have my snacks and menu planned. My garden is starting to really produce – lots of lettuces and tomatoes and beans right now, cucumbers will be along shortly. It’s in desperate need of some weeding (as is the rest of the yard) and staking. I also need to replant some squares. That’s the game-plan for this week: yardwork, watch what I eat, Phillies win. Not necessarily in that order.

Cheers,

M.
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

Just a quick post to wish all a peaceful and healthy day.

Michele- Have a wonderful trip! Will be thinking of you while you are gone.

LinC- So good to hear from you! The bluegrass music festival sounds great! My DH would love it!

DeeDee-Hope you appointment goes well.

Amanda- Good to hear from you. Hope you heal quickly!

Linda- Hope your court appt goes well. I have missed your posts.

Pat- I always enjoy reading your posts. You are doing great and you always make me giggle!

Lila- Long weekends during the summer sound great! I have made it a goal to read some books this summer that have nothing to do with math or education. I have always been an avid reader but work kept me so busy this year that I didn't read any. For me it is the Adirondack chair on the deck! I have a great view and a nice breeze even on the hottest day.

Will be back later to respond to more, but I need to get ready to go kayaking. This is the first time this summer with a group of friends I haven't seen since August. Really looking for to the exercise and the companionship.

Have a great day!

Deb A in CNY
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well Chester is at the vets~ jeesh I hate having to drop him off ,but it is for the best, he has been in agony for weeks.
    Hope he does as good as he did 2 years ago..the Dr said he could have to have this done every couple of years:noway:
    poor lil baby..
    well took Homer with me because he was pitching a fit and wanted a car ride, so i left him in the car while I brought Chester in.
    DH is chiding me because I didn't whip him up a hot meal for dinner. (frozen pizza) well I don't do it every day,but most days.. geesh
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all of my Vitamin F Friends:happy:

I went to visit my kids, grandkids and great-grands for the 4th of July holiday weekend. The last time I was out there (Western PA.) was about two years ago, and I haven’t seen my son in about a year, so the visit was long overdue. My daughter moved out that way in March, and my granddaughter just bought a house and settled a few weeks ago in the same area. We all went over to my granddaughter’s new home for a BBQ on the 4th of July and then went to see the fireworks. We spent the next day at a lake and then dinner at my son’s house. It was wonderful to see all the kids and how much they’ve grown. We brought my grandson’s best friend from Philly up with us as a surprise and he will be staying with them a few weeks until my daughter comes back to Philly for a visit. We had a wonderful time and I already miss them. We also visited the site of the Memorial for Flight 93 on the way home, as it was not too far out of the way. I didn’t log food or exercise and didn’t worry about calories, and the scale only showed a one pound gain so I’m OK with that. I’ve had lots of sodium, so I’m sure it’s water weight. I can tell because my rings are a bit tight. I’m trying to get back on track, and the problems with MFP’s site yesterday weren’t helping. I was happy to get back to running again, that’s for sure! Work is busy, so I don’t have time to read all the posts I’ve missed, but I will catch up when I can. It’s good to be back and ready to get back to business as usual!

GOALS FOR JULY:
    Consistent logging
    Drink at least 9 glasses of water a day
    Find an exercise class I enjoy
    RUNNING OUTDOORS
    LOWER SODIUM FOODS
    STOP OBSESSING ABOUT FOOD

:heart: Congrats to all on their success, and (((hugs))) to all who are struggling. Hang in…..it gets better!

Hugs,
    Lucy in DE.:bigsmile:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy tues.
    so glad the site is back.
    Welcome all newbies.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I logged into MFP this morning and my “days in a row” comment came up in Portuguese :noway: . It was the strangest thing but made me chuckle. I don’t know another language :laugh:
    I’ve learned that I don’t move much when I’m at work, but I eat better & drink more water…gotta be able to find a balance here. I work in a very tiny office, there is no long way to anything lol I’ve been doing squats every time I go to the bathroom and get water and of course walking as much as possible esp when the boss is out.

There were some torrential storms that hit Toronto last night, not far but far enough that it missed us. It’s just hot & humid here today..yuck.

Michelle – I so hope that things turn around at the wedding. Kids – our greatest love and our greatest heartache. You are in my prayers.

Yanniejannie – wow you had quite a busy day yesterday. Good for you for finishing lifting your elephant. That’s amazing. Good luck at zumba.

Janie, wow congrats on the steps

Grandmallie – you & Chester are in my prayers. It’s so hard when our furbabies aren’t well. :brokenheart:

Barbie – I’ve often thought about a gratitude journal. I sometimes get dragged into the negative, it’s something that I am very aware of.

Renny – that train derailment in QC is not far from our head office, what a horrible tragedy and loss of life. It’s scary to think that it was unmanned and that the train just rolled down into the downtown of that beautiful little town.

Lila – I hope you enjoy your horizontal reading

K – welcome to the group, it’s a great bunch of ladies and very active. Too bad we couldn’t log it as exercise just keeping up with everyone

Heather – what type of face exercises do you do?

Mary – congratulations on the 4” loss, that’s wonderful

Amanda – I hope you mend quickly and get home soon.

Dee – let me know how you like that Khaki/bronze mascara. I have green eyes as well and I think it will look great. I hope your appt goes well.

For all the fitbit users, do you log your exercise on mfp or does the fitbit adjust your calories burned? I’m lovin the fit bit :heart:

Have a great day everyone, I’m back to work :cry:

Sandy from ON
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies-

Well, night two in the cat-house (3 cats) brought fewer territorial disputes, but still not much sleep for me. I think I can safely say there is a nap happening this afternoon. I have already had a repair person for the tv connection in the house, so I am up and moving, but haven't really gotten much done. I think I can bet money that most of my exercise during this stay will come in the form of chasing down cat hair from every surface in this house! While the man was working on the tv connections, he left the door to the guest bedroom open, so I have to even go in there to clean! :frown: (I am staying in the master bedroom because that is a cat friendly room) I also have to go out and do some yardwork today, so that will sweat off a bit of weight, I hope. This house is about twice the size of mine and the yard is even larger, yup, I am going to get a work out! The pay off is the private pool! :laugh:

Barbiecat- I like the gratitude list idea. I might have to try that, maybe it will keep me focused. Getting up early- - - I can do that, I just can't breathe, walk, talk or think until I have had that pot of coffee, by then, early has passed me by. :bigsmile:

Remy- Congratulations on your newborn!:flowerforyou: How fun, I am only a step-Oma- but it still feels pretty awesome!
    I have been praying for those poor people in Lac-Magentic since it happened. It is so tragic.

Marcie- Thanks for the explanation. The human body is so awesome in its complexity, it amazes me.

Amanda- Please, get well soon! Healing, loving, prayerful thoughts coming your way.

DeeDee- Thank you for telling me that I make you giggle. Sometimes I say things and get myself in trouble. I really need someone to install an 'edit' button between my brain and my mouth! (or my fingers!) :happy:

Deb- Have fun kayaking!

Grandmallie- I am sure DH really meant to say that he was sorry he didn't cook you a nice, hot meal while you were running like crazy with the animals.... right? :happy:

Well, I am going to go and get busy before it actually reaches triple digits. Have a good day, Everyone.

Pat
  • rlkilgo
    rlkilgo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello to all! :laugh: I'm happy to find you. I am about to turn 51 on July 30 and I am very thankful for the wonderful years that I have had. I started truly changing my eating habits and lifestyle in January of this year (2013). I am currently enjoying my bike that I bought around the first of June. I love it! I find it hard to make myself walk because I love the cool breeze on my face when I bike :love: I have been married for 30 years (yes, lol, to the same man). I have a wonderful son and daughterinlaw that bless my life. I look forward to reading your posts. Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.

Rachel (my happy place -- Douglas, Alabama)

Goals for July:
    Drop past 190 :bigsmile:
    Exercise 6 days instead of 5 (pushing this one but it is my goal) :laugh:
    Redo the piano room that turned into the "pile it" room :embarassed:
    Take time to call my friends and family :heart:
  • janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    Does anyone else post on both their newsfeed and here? I feel like I want to cover all my bases.:wink:

The scale’s heading the right direction again. Thank you everyone for the kind words and positive energy. I always feel better when I can support, motivate, and inspire others. What’s helping me this time to embrace the attitude I try and generate in others is to share these ups and downs and let you all support, motivate, and inspire me. So, have a GREAT TUESDAY, EVERYONE! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: drink your water :drinker: :bigsmile: enjoy :bigsmile:

Heather in gorgeous, rural Hampshire UK – I’m wondering what face exercises you do that are effective. I’m thinking I might as well incorporate some of those along with the overall exercising. The creepy neck is just my personal concern – don’t want it to sneak up on me, so I’ll try and get a consistent moisturizing regimen going. That will be a novel idea.