Do you eat it just because it's free??

Options
1235»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    i had me a slurpee yesterday!!

I didn't know there was a time limit. I got there 3 hours after it ended. :cry:

I try to keep myself in check around free food, but I won't go way out of my way to get it (e.g., visiting 5 different Chik Fil A's for a free meal).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    No I don't eat because food is free. I can control myself. But Booze...I never say no to free booze.
    QFT

where does this happen? and is it fun? do we get to dress up? or see others dressed up? as pimps?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I try to keep myself in check around free food, but I won't go way out of my way to get it (e.g., visiting 5 different Chik Fil A's for a free meal).

I don't know why, we think these "free" days are so fun? And we never encountered "crowds"?
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I dressed as a COW today hahahaha But I got a salad at Chicfila and no I am not going there for dinner. But I also happen to enjoy there salads, if I didn't like it I wouldn't do it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I don't know why, we think these "free" days are so fun? And we never encountered "crowds"?

There's no crowd if you're too late! :bigsmile:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I am having to break myself of this habit and it's difficult. There have been a few very hard times in my life where I didn't know where the next meal was coming from. So now I'm struggling to not chipmunk any free food just because it's there.
    In for chipmunking. And my blue girlfriend.

But yeah. It's always been super hard for me to turn down free food. I think it comes from the same place that makes it hard for me to not finish the food on my plate EVERY DAMN TIME.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You obviously don't know me because I'm well aware that you don't have to deprive yourself. But regular consumption of fried chicken and slurpess isn't exactly getting your nutrition on. But again...whatever
    [/quote]

But what if it's regular consumption of ice cream? Is that okay?:wink:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I do. I have very low resistance.

Yesterday we had free samosas and ice lollies at work, and today we had free cans of pop.

I had 3 samosas, 3 lollies and today 3 cans of pop... :blushing:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the rant side of things and just answering the main question: No, I don't just eat whatever is free. If it's free and it's something that would keep me from my goals, it's not really free. I'm paying for it with time: I'm one more day further away from what I really want. In order for me to make an exception, it's gotta be something truly awesome TO ME. Slurpees and Chik-Fil-A are not even in the ballpark.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    WHAT? Yesterday was free Slurpee day?

hahahaa!!!

almost spit out my free milkshake
    But what if it's regular consumption of ice cream? Is that okay?wink

yes, perfectly acceptable
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    In short-

YES.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    No I don't eat because food is free. I can control myself. But Booze...I never say no to free booze.
    QFT

where does this happen? and is it fun? do we get to dress up? or see others dressed up? as pimps?

I could arrange this.....
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    WHAT? Yesterday was free Slurpee day?

THIS!! I was in a freaking 7-11 too and had no idea! I bought a protein bar and some almonds. :grumble:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    No but I also don't hesitate to throw out leftovers. Used to think I shouldn't "waste" food but I realized if I put it in my body when I don't need it that I'm pretty much treating my body like a trash can. Free? Already paid for? Not reasons for me to eat it if I don't need the fuel.

i agreed with you up until the left overs part - if you are eating healthy to become with and have healthy food left over from the night before then how are you treating your body like a trash can the next day? i'm all about left overs and i'll eat them until it's gone or it's gone bad.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I am having to break myself of this habit and it's difficult. There have been a few very hard times in my life where I didn't know where the next meal was coming from. So now I'm struggling to not chipmunk any free food just because it's there.
    In for chipmunking. And my blue girlfriend.

But yeah. It's always been super hard for me to turn down free food. I think it comes from the same place that makes it hard for me to not finish the food on my plate EVERY DAMN TIME.

your girlfriend is BLUE?!?! how many blue slurpees did she HAVE yesterday :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • xfnty
    xfnty Posts: 2
    Options
    To be fair the sugar "free" slurpee option is pretty darn good and fairly low calorie.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I always take free if I haven't already eaten. I wouldn't do 5 slurpies. Probably wouldn't do any slurpies, because it's not a meal I'd be replacing with something I bought with my own money. But whenever someone buys me lunch or dinner I always comply so I don't have to eat my own food later at home.
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    where I work, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks and whatever you can think of is free. and being honest that's my biggest challenge toward losing weight.
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i'm all about left overs and i'll eat them until it's gone or it's gone bad.
    [/quote]

I usually cook small enough portions that there are no leftovers but, if I have leftovers that's great! One less meal for me to have to cook.