Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    orzo
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I think if you were such a "professional" you might want to practice what you preach. You just admitted you "nitpick" through my posts, so take some words of wisdom from your own advice. I stated my opinion, backed it up, and instead of a normal discussion I got attacked by you and several others and called a person who doesn't like Asians ( even though went to college and lived in Hawaii for 7yrs so I find that just silly). I have no "attitude" towards anyone and am not a spokesmodel for the "eating clean diet". In fact if you actually took the time to read some of my posts I recommend eating foods you enjoy in moderation. What I don't do is tell you that certain foods are healthy, when they are stripped of all their nutritional content. Again, stop nitpicking and making your own assumptions based off things I've never actually said, its not very professional.

living in Hawaii is now proof that a person has no ill feelings toward Asians. Got it, thanks. I mean, it's just common sense, right?

abXGKva.gif
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I tried to read thru...I really did....its rice people holy get a freakin life..i'm outta here for today, cant deal w/anymore 6yr old's.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I tried to read thru...I really did....its rice people holy get a freakin life..i'm outta here for today, cant deal w/anymore 6yr old's.

Well at least you had enough generosity to grace us with your presence, even if so briefly.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Insulting post is mature?

seems legit.

Thank you for your insults and have a nice day :flowerforyou:
  • pendi129
    pendi129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's all we eat. Cauliflower is so versatile. You can make it into rice, you can cook it a little longer and use a stick blender or food processor and make it into "mashed taters" ... I also use it mixed with cheese and eggs for the crust for pizza. We love cauliflower! :)

Very new to all of this ... we use Basmati rice on the 'instruction' of my personal trainer. BUT I am curious about this cauliflower pizza crust. Is there a recipe I can follow?? I'm a former New Yorker and I LOVE my pizza but have been instructed to cut my sugars/carbs down.
  • schmidty13
    schmidty13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Really I said the entire continent of Asia eats garbage? Please don't put words in my mouth. Now we are stereotyping that all of asia only eats rice? And you do realize there are many different "Asian" cultures as well. The cultures in which you are assuming have diets that are also high in vegetables and protein and very low in sugars and sweets. They also live completely different lives than most sedentary Americans who work a typical desk or computer job. Their primary mode of transportation is walking. There are big differences between our culture and theirs. To make the assumption "Asians eat a lot of rice and stay healthy so we can too". Does not work unless you are taking into account their entire diet and activity level. Asian cultures have a higher daily activity level than those here in America. Do I still think white rice is "garbage" yes I think it has been stripped of all nutrients, fortified with the vitamins that were removed, and contains no fiber. The reason its eaten in such high quantities in many Asian cultures is because of its affordability and accessibility which has in turn made the staple of rice part of their culture. Just like spam became part of Hawaii's culture, but I'm not going to tell you I think its healthy.

Here is a quick little article on taking into account the reasons Asian cultures eat rice and stay thin to the diet of Americans. As you will see many of the points I made are listed, and he lists a few others that are also fair to take note of.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/why-are-asian-rice-eaters-thin

Well there is an article with all kinds of validated information/facts and quoted/cited sources. I feel more edumacated now as a result. In all seriousness though, there is some very interesting reading in the comments section of that one. And you think arguments around here get brutal.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

hmmm correct if I am wrong but rice is a grain, so white rice would be a complex carb which should "comprise the majority of your daily carb intake" your words not mine...

Ok let me correct you..White Rice has had the grain removed during the milling process. I explain the process in detail in a previous post. You know instead of just "trolling" the boards to instigate arguments and derail threads.

me a troll???? bahahahahahahaha that is pretty hilarious coming from you...but we can still admire one another from a far...

So your telling me that white rice is not a grain? If it is not a grain what is it? Also, your previous post mentioned nothing about the milling process? If I mill meat can I make it not a meat?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    That's all we eat. Cauliflower is so versatile. You can make it into rice, you can cook it a little longer and use a stick blender or food processor and make it into "mashed taters" ... I also use it mixed with cheese and eggs for the crust for pizza. We love cauliflower! :)

Very new to all of this ... we use Basmati rice on the 'instruction' of my personal trainer. BUT I am curious about this cauliflower pizza crust. Is there a recipe I can follow?? I'm a former New Yorker and I LOVE my pizza but have been instructed to cut my sugars/carbs down.

If you truly enjoy good pizza, I suspect this substitute crust pizza impostor will not be satisfactory to you...

...but try it and let us know.
  • beastmodekittyx
    beastmodekittyx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like quinoa alot!
  • averylopez
    averylopez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is great to make mashed potatoes as well!!
  • averylopez
    averylopez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Except that I have yet to find a mashed cauliflower recipe...

...that cannot be improved by...

...substituting potatoes for the cauliflower.
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I make "magic rice," which is half rice-half cauliflower. Gives you the rice taste while significantly reducing carbs and cals. I use it all the time in stir-fries and stuff. I also make rice cauliflower for pizza crust, My favorite is to use the purple cauliflower for pizza crust, because it turns a beautiful deep purple in the oven. It's gorgeous with some pesto, tomato, and mozzarella. If you use a mushy bean, like lima or great northern, you don't even have to use cheese in the crust, and it bumps the protein content.
  • johnniercole
    Options
    Miracle Noodle rice is pretty good. Low or no calories, no carbs, fiber. Texture is weird, and it smells funny until you rinse it, but not bad! They keep you full forever!!! I personally haven't tried the cauliflower rice but fauxtatos (mashed cauliflower) is the bomb!! My bf loves it, so does his daughter!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Miracle Noodle rice is pretty good. Low or no calories, no carbs, fiber. Texture is weird, and it smells funny until you rinse it, but not bad! They keep you full forever!!! I personally haven't tried the cauliflower rice but fauxtatos (mashed cauliflower) is the bomb!! My bf loves it, so does his daughter!

no cals, carbs, or fiber, smells funny and has an odd texture? sounds more like something i use when shipping fragile packages than something i would try to eat
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

no cals, carbs, or fiber, smells funny and has an odd texture? sounds more like something i use when shipping fragile packages than something i would try to eat
    Haha now that was 'pretty good'
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

hmmm correct if I am wrong but rice is a grain, so white rice would be a complex carb which should "comprise the majority of your daily carb intake" your words not mine...

Ok let me correct you..White Rice has had the grain removed during the milling process. I explain the process in detail in a previous post. You know instead of just "trolling" the boards to instigate arguments and derail threads.
    So you're saying it's a simple carb?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Simple carbohydrates are sugars consisting of one or two units, like fructose, galactose, maltose, and sucrose. Complex carbohydrates have three or more sugars in a chain, like starch, glycogen and fiber. So whoever said that white rice is a complex carb is correct, since it consists mostly of starch. Starch is very nearly as rapidly digested and absorbed as simple sugars are. That's why people who have diabetes need to watch their total carb intake, not just avoid sugar.

I would much rather have rice, but if you're cutting back on carbs, and you can stomach cauliflower as a substitute for rice, more power to you....and good luck!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Miracle Noodle rice is pretty good. Low or no calories, no carbs, fiber. Texture is weird, and it smells funny until you rinse it, but not bad! They keep you full forever!!!

No calories = not food.

Food, by definition, must have calories.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Just a quick perusal of their website revealed to me that they don't even know how to spell GLUTEN...

"Zero Net Carbohydrates,
    Zero Calories,
    No Gulten"

Based on that I would like to pass on this product and spend my cal dollars on real rice or orzo as I suggested earlier. It's just little pastas in the shape of rice. No mysteries. I mean I can overlook spelling on MFP where it's just normal folks talking but if you are gonna make a website and try to sell something and try to convince me it's healthy please get someone to spell check for you so I can believe someone brainy is behind inventing this miracle product and not someone hasty and greedy. (The prices however are stated quite clearly.)