Grossed out by excessive eating after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    No no no! I wouldn't say that to him!! What I'm trying to say is that, I'm finally realizes how poorly I used to eat, and really just want my father to eat healthier. I don't wanna lose him any sooner!

My advice, if you want it, lol, is lead by example. I actually ran into my estranged mom at the gym on Friday. I recently saw her and she couldnt believe how much weight Id lost. Id really like to believe that when she saw the positive change in me it inspired her to do the same. My mom has cirrhosis of the liver and eats a lot of processed foods and is on a lot of different medications. I believe that if my mom loses weight and eats healthy she will add years to her life. Because I believe in the effects of healthy living. Either way, I didnt put her down when we did speak about nutrition (about 5-6 months ago) I only expressed my deep passion for my new lifestyle. I really hope she stays with the gym stuff, and even though we are not that close anymore, I will continue to do the best I can FOR ME, and hope that it touches her in some small way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by the responses. Yes, I feel that way. I often say something. Not mean, just kinda like, "wow. I gues you're hungry, eh?"

I'm very judgey of that with friends and family. If its an occasion, I don't care. But, if it's as you described, yes, that's too much food for a person.

I agree the responses are really harsh. Many people go on an Emotional roller-coaster when they start out. Judgement, anger, grief are ALL part of the process, at least they were for me. Everyone tries to make this journey sound so simple. Its not. Food and ALL the feelings associated with change must be processed and sometimes those feelings aren't so pretty. Who are you guys to shame her over it? I don't think shes at risk of getting an eating disorder. I think shes Awakened and most likely cant believe whats shes seeing now. If our society didn't eat so dang much we wouldn't have an obesity problem. Period.

Yea, this is true; everyone judges. The responses are varied, but not really "harsh". What you're seeing is a collective input of opinions. I judge like everyone else; however I personally don't feel it's my job to butt into other people's lives and police other people's eating habits. Not only is it not my business; I simply don't care that much.

It's one thing to judge someone -- it's purely another to open your mouth and involve yourself in someone else's business.

"Who are you guys to shame her over it?"

If you are going to ask this question, then I must ask as well: who is she to shame other people over their eating habits?

But she DIDNT shame him. She didnt say anything to him. She made the mistake of telling MFP Forum so that now instead of supporting a woman at the beginning of her journey with good advice ( a lot Ive actually seen popping up) she could be told shes this, that and the other, re-evaluate your relationship with food, eating disorder, blah blah..

I may have missed it but who said she had an eating disorder?

Also,
    So today I noticed for the first time that when people overeat I get disgusted

Especially as it was a normal meal
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    So today I noticed for the first time that when people overeat I get disgusted. I went out with my parents today and we stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I got a honey mustard chicken wrap and fries and only ate about half of the wrap and only a quarter of the fries (they gave you so many)! Now, my mom is a good eater, but my dad got a turkey sandwich covered in gravy, and ate it all. Then ate all of my fries plus his which were soaked in gravy. THEN, he ordered a piece of pie! I felt like throwing up. I want to tell him to get healthy, but it would make him angry. I've only lost 13 pounds and already feel this way, is it normal?

It doesn't sound overly normal, no.

Also I want some pie. Warm. With ice cream on top. And fries with gravy, which is the best way to eat them to be honest.

The best way to eat fries is topped with cheese curd and covered in gravy, poutine style. mmmmm
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I really miss overeating. I still want fries with gravy on them right now!
    Options
    I'm confused by the responses. Yes, I feel that way. I often say something. Not mean, just kinda like, "wow. I gues you're hungry, eh?"

I'm very judgey of that with friends and family. If its an occasion, I don't care. But, if it's as you described, yes, that's too much food for a person.

I agree the responses are really harsh. Many people go on an Emotional roller-coaster when they start out. Judgement, anger, grief are ALL part of the process, at least they were for me. Everyone tries to make this journey sound so simple. Its not. Food and ALL the feelings associated with change must be processed and sometimes those feelings aren't so pretty. Who are you guys to shame her over it? I don't think shes at risk of getting an eating disorder. I think shes Awakened and most likely cant believe whats shes seeing now. If our society didn't eat so dang much we wouldn't have an obesity problem. Period.

Yea, this is true; everyone judges. The responses are varied, but not really "harsh". What you're seeing is a collective input of opinions. I judge like everyone else; however I personally don't feel it's my job to butt into other people's lives and police other people's eating habits. Not only is it not my business; I simply don't care that much.

It's one thing to judge someone -- it's purely another to open your mouth and involve yourself in someone else's business.

If you are going to ask this question, then I must ask as well: who is she to shame other people over their eating habits?

But she DIDNT shame him. She didnt say anything to him. She made the mistake of telling MFP Forum so that now instead of supporting a woman at the beginning of her journey with good advice ( a lot Ive actually seen popping up) she could be told shes this, that and the other, re-evaluate your relationship with food, eating disorder, blah blah..

She may not have said anything, but I'm fairly sure the look of disgust was all over her face.

You're projecting! We all know there are nasty people out there! But poor thing seemed to be a little surprised by her own reaction, that doesnt sound like a hardened a**hole to me! And this is her dad, and she (if you read her other comments) doesn't want to lose him to poor health. Of course she must show grace, but she doesn't have to enable. Food addiction, IF that's even what her dad has???, is a killer JUST LIKE OTHER addictions.
    Options
    I really miss overeating. I still want fries with gravy on them right now!

LOL, I really miss french fries.....Ill have em again at some point, on that day when Im stranded somewhere and its my only option lol...or that day I actually want to blow half my daily cals on one meal! :P
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This is getting ridiculous. Blown WAAAAAY out of proportion. I know this is my topic, but I'm not reading any other comments, I don't need this bullcrap. But if you guys wanna argue between yourselves, go at it! Have fun!! :bigsmile:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Me: GIRL! Stop putting syrup on and EAT! /disgusted cause she's playing around
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't so blazing hot I would be eating some fries with some gravy. They are awesome that way. I also like fries dipped in may.

The only excessive eating that grosses me out is my own. My idea of excessive has changed a lot. I have gone from being ok eating a pizza by myself to thinking if I eat more than 2000 calories in a day it's too much.

You are going to have a hard life if you judge everyone by how much they eat

I finally found someone that also likes to dip their fries in mayo..yes!!! im not the only one:laugh:

Oh man.... count me IN on the MAYO!!!!! Lordy I'm guilty to the TEE on that one! LOVE mayo on my fries! Hey... I'm honest.

Back to the subject however...
    I know what you are trying to say, but I never judge someone for how they eat... because at one time I was the one being judged and I would not only fly on my broomstick and yell at them, get smart and ask them what business of what I was eating was theirs, but I wouldn't talk to them again for quite some time. I was hurt, and even though I probably shouldn't have taken it that far, I did. Solution? I would say maybe just not pay attention to what everyone else is eating... it will save yourself from disgust, and not hurt anyones feelings in the process. Worry about you and it will all fall into place.
    Options

Also,

He ate his whole meal and her fries too. and pie. Thats normal? Obviously we dont know anything about her dad. Maybe he has lots of cals to spare since he just left the gym? IDK. but no matter what, eating 1.5 fast food meals is no good for the human body. Im guessing the sodium alone was off the charts. She got disgusted. SO WHAT????? Its her dad and she loves him and wants him to live a long life. HOW she goes about life and TREATING people is what matters. Since she didnt say anything rude and it was just an observation, I dont see the harm. I think the key is to observe our thoughts. Observe our behaviors. Thats the only way to actually change anything. Maybe she just needs to avoid eating out with people that are gorging themselves. If it made me sick to my stomach I certainly would,. Because my job is to take care of ME. And I dont have to be around ANYTHING that I dislike. For ANY reason. I dont care if society thinks its OK, or Im an a** if I disagree. That part of the whole personal power thing is what gave me the strength to change my life. :)
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Anyone else getting the sudden urge to force feed vegans meatloaf and head cheese? No? Just me? :smokin:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    This is getting ridiculous. Blown WAAAAAY out of proportion. I know this is my topic, but I'm not reading any other comments, I don't need this bullcrap. But if you guys wanna argue between yourselves, go at it! Have fun!! :bigsmile:

Ohh I see, joined July 2013, You are new here. This is how it works.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    He ate his whole meal and her fries too. and pie. Thats normal? Obviously we dont know anything about her dad. Maybe he has lots of cals to spare since he just left the gym? IDK. but no matter what, eating 1.5 fast food meals is no good for the human body. Im guessing the sodium alone was off the charts. She got disgusted. SO WHAT????? Its her dad and she loves him and wants him to live a long life. HOW she goes about life and TREATING people is what matters. Since she didnt say anything rude and it was just an observation, I dont see the harm. I think the key is to observe our thoughts. Observe our behaviors. Thats the only way to actually change anything. Maybe she just needs to avoid eating out with people that are gorging themselves. If it made me sick to my stomach I certainly would,. Because my job is to take care of ME. And I dont have to be around ANYTHING that I dislike. For ANY reason. I dont care if society thinks its OK, or Im an a** if I disagree. That part of the whole personal power thing is what gave me the strength to change my life. :)

In for the good food vs. bad food debate, how sodium is relevant if you don't have high blood pressure, and how eating large, calorie dense meals is unhealthy
    Options

Ohh I see, joined July 2013, You are new here. This is how it works.

lol! yes. You posted a "hot topic" my dear.
    Options

In for the good food vs. bad food debate, how sodium is relevant if you don't have high blood pressure, and how eating large, calorie dense meals is unhealthy

OH NO!!!!!! Not a clean/dirty debate PLEASE!!!!!
  • bcarman86
    bcarman86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I second this. You may be more aware of others' eating habits now that you've chosen a more healthy way, but judging someone is not going to make them want to get healthy.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

OH NO!!!!!! Not a clean/dirty debate PLEASE!!!!!

I didn't bring it up.
    Options
    I second this. You may be more aware of others' eating habits now that you've chosen a more healthy way, but judging someone is not going to make them want to get healthy.

this. nuff said :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Also,

Wut?
  • mojoinaboxx
    mojoinaboxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    don't let anyone else tell you whats normal . its plain and simple how you feel . you may have wanted to say something to him but you didn't and that's good but still if that's how you feel its okay don't let these people tell you how to feel or make you think your feelings aren't normal i'd be willing to bet that over half of them have some sorta abnormal trait they hide. so let your freak flag fly and do what you want they will respect your authoratuh!!!