Diet Destroyers!

Options

Replies

• ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I cave to cake, cookies, chocolate, and potato chips. Have to keep them out of the house!
  • flynnem4
    flynnem4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken, and Morning Star Farms chicken nuggets/buffalo nuggets. I'll eat them until I'm sick. I can handle a few candies, a half cup of ice cream, a piece of bread, a piece of pizza, etc., but I'll eat fried chicken or those nuggets all day long.
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Cant just eat one slice, or two, or three. Its too yummy. I also have a hard time around fresh baked cookies

Ohh, I forgot to add that to my list :) I just order one pizza for the fan now, if its not there I can't eat it :)
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. . . it's hard to say no to just a bite. That, and I guess sweet tea, and I mean TRUE sweet tea from the South.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Lemon Bliss ice cream, lasagna. Cheese, beef and pasta? Come on, I could eat a pan. Pizza too, but I don't mean to eat so much of, it rarely fills me up so I keep eating (if just eating pizza).
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    For me - anything with added sugar, to be honest. Ice cream, cookies, anything under 80% cocoa chocolate... also fresh bread/fresh tortillas.

And I find it way easier to eliminate these things completely. If I have a bite, it's like sheer torture to not eat ALL OF IT. My husband is not going to cooperate by keeping them out of the house so it's up to me to be disciplined, so my method is to not have any. And I've been 100% successful for over 6 months now - yay!

I do have treats, but I have healthy treats- fruit concotions, etc. I'm munching on frozen blueberries right now and they taste amazing. I love them and eat bunches, but I can't do too much damage eating frozen blueberries - compared to what I used to do eating a whole bag of oreos, or half a loaf of fresh bread, you know?
  • caoimhe0
    caoimhe0 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nutella!!!!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I keep lots of little indulgences around the house that I can eat in small portions and that make me happy in small, 1 ounce or smaller portions: wasabi almonds, little squares of good chocolate, whole wheat goldfish crackers, string cheese.

But there are some foods -- typically empty carbs, not for nothing -- that small portions of actively make me UNHAPPY, more so than abstaining altogether. Home baked bread. Why in God's name would I eat just one slice of delicious home-baked bread?!? Obviously I HAVE to eat at least a quarter of a loaf at a time. And I don't want to do that either, so no home-baked bread for me.

I'm not anti-carb, but empty, fiberless carbs do tend to take my willpower away. Aside from them, my willpower is pretty good.
  • daniellewillson3
    Options
    Red Wine and Dubliner Cheese..... oh man. When I finally started counting calories and realized how many I was consuming just from this favorite combo of mine I had to stop :( I sooo wish that if a food is your favorite it would then have zero calories... not gonna happen though!
  • tonyandrew
    tonyandrew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My vice is Fries! Oh, and those onion blossoms like at Texas Road House. I'm am just completely weak if either of those are put in front of me. I agree with others, if you are going to partake, share it with others so it is gone before you get a chance to put it away yourself.
  • agdyl
    Options
    I keep lots of little indulgences around the house that I can eat in small portions and that make me happy in small, 1 ounce or smaller portions: wasabi almonds, little squares of good chocolate, whole wheat goldfish crackers, string cheese.

But there are some foods -- typically empty carbs, not for nothing -- that small portions of actively make me UNHAPPY, more so than abstaining altogether. Home baked bread. Why in God's name would I eat just one slice of delicious home-baked bread?!? Obviously I HAVE to eat at least a quarter of a loaf at a time. And I don't want to do that either, so no home-baked bread for me.

I'm not anti-carb, but empty, fiberless carbs do tend to take my willpower away. Aside from them, my willpower is pretty good.

Haha, and why would I not eat that hot fresh bread with gobs of butter on top? :)

That's me exactly...

My husband can buy a bag of oreos and eat one and put it away for a few days (he just gets crazy over salty snacks). If I do that, I spend the next several days thinking of nothing but oreos and when I can have the next one - seriously, like every 5 minutes, I'm like "oreos!" and then feel depressed that I need to wait before I should eat more. I don't enjoy living like that - it's easier to just get over it and tell myself I'm not going to have any, and stick to eating things that I enjoy but don't become singularly obsessed with.

I think a lot of those junk foods are like that - they're designed to give you the texture and taste that makes it very hard to stop eating.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I cannot have them in the house at all, not even for Halloween. I can eat sensible portions of most anything, but not these little suckers.
  • agdyl
    Options
    My vice is Fries! Oh, and those onion blossoms like at Texas Road House. I'm am just completely weak if either of those are put in front of me. I agree with others, if you are going to partake, share it with others so it is gone before you get a chance to put it away yourself.

I do agree that if you're going to eat things that are like your nemesis, that's the way to do it. Or only buy a very tiny portion - I used to to to Whole Foods and the bakery sells those frosted brownie bites. Sinfully delicious, but they're like one square inch of brownie - not THAT big of a deal. If I make a whole pan of them at home, I'd be screwed.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ice cream..most definitely ice cream I say i 'm only goin to have 1/2 a cup..and it ends up ALOT more..I need to stay away.. At one point I bought those dark chocolate covered acai berries and pomegrenate.. I was eating 12 a night... I wanted more alot..I believe it hindered my weight loss..cause when the bag was gone (over 2 months) I lost 3 more lbs... lol...
  • tonyandrew
    tonyandrew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ice cream..most definitely ice cream I say i 'm only goin to have 1/2 a cup..and it ends up ALOT more..I need to stay away.. At one point I bought those dark chocolate covered acai berries and pomegrenate.. I was eating 12 a night... I wanted more alot..I believe it hindered my weight loss..cause when the bag was gone (over 2 months) I lost 3 more lbs... lol...

I too LOVE Ice Cream but have found a sweet option - Edy's Fruit Bars. They are natural fruit juices and pulp frozen into bars. Best tasting ice cream ever and they are only 80 calories on average. Try em - you won't regret it.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    cookie dough---must finish entire stick
    chips- must smash entire bag
    pizza- must finish all
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If there were a plate of brownies or homemade cookies on my counter I'd be in big trouble.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just discovered it today - Fresh French Bread and Butter - I could have easily eaten half the loaf with half a stick of butter - as I used too.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    oreos
    pie
    cheesecake
    brownies
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Ritz crackers - the whole sleeve. Maybe not all in one sitting .. but once opened, they are gone within a few hours.

Same thing with pistachios.