Grossed out by excessive eating after losing weight?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You have on your judgypants dear, you're going to need to learn to take them off now.

You've been in their shoes and people have thought of you that way...sure your thinner now but you used to eat that crap before too and were ready for a change
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    correction sorry.....
    You have on your judgypants dear, you're going to need to learn to take them off now.

AGREE!!!!!!
    You've been in their shoes and people have thought of you that way...sure your thinner now but you used to eat that crap before too and were ready for a change
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    Wow. Some people on here are just shining their little halo's, aren't they?! :grumble:

No, I don't think it sounds like you're developing an eating disorder as some people have suggested. Yes, I think it is very normal to have a heightened awareness of others eating habits now that you are being healthier and it can be an unpleasant experience to watch someone stuffing their face with food. It makes me feel sick. However, that should be an entirely internal thing, be careful not to judge and be too harsh on people who choose to eat that way.

Yeah, not being a jerk and judging those around me means I'm shining my halo.

Or maybe I'm a person who eats large meals and think its rude as hell that someone is out there judging me. I'm not overeating or putting on weight, but damn right I'd eat a whole turkey sammich, with fries and gravy, and some damn pie if i went out to eat. I'd probably put some ice cream on that pie too. Maybe some caramel syrup (I assume it's apple pie, cause that's the best pie) To you and the OP and some other folks this would be 'gross' but to ME the only than that's gross is the fact you don't see a problem with your attitude.

I'm gonna go eat two breakfast burritos and some cream of wheat now.

Excuse me? I made it perfectly clear in my post that I disagree with judging others and being harsh on anyone who chooses to eat that way. Evidently you didn't read my post properly. You cannot criticise someone for feeling that way. A heightened awareness of others eating habits (as I stated in my previous post) is completely normal when you are dieting. I'm not apologising for how it makes me feel, that's not something within my control.

I find it bizzare that people who are making healthier choices with their own life wouldn't notice the unhealthy choices of others, especially those close to them. That's not being 'gross' to notice that, that's being realistic.

Eat whatever you like. If you're slim and can still overeat then more power to you. In fact, I'm somewhat envious of people who can eat a lot and not gain weight. I used to be that person stuffing my face and I'm disgusted at myself when I think back to what I used to eat.

I am not a 'jerk' (ridiculous word) for how I feel. I would be a 'jerk' if I told overweight people that them overeating was disgusting and they should stop. But I don't because I'm a decent person. So get off your high horse and stop being a hypocrite, you're equally judging people for how they feel...a bit like a 'jerk'.
  • Alatariel2002
    Alatariel2002 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry..did ya'll say something? Kinda lost me after fries with gravy...oooooo *nom nom*
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My husband has a massive appetite. If we go out to eat he finishes his meal, my leftovers and anyone else who's with us :laugh:
    He's always been fit, he lifts, he runs, he cycles, he has a washboard stomach. He loves food. That's why my grocery bill is so high! :ohwell:
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You are in the beginning of your process. You are going to be hyper aware of everything related to food right now. How many calories are in it, macros, serving size, etc. It's kind of like being a convert to a new religion, in a way. At first EVERYTHING in the world relates to your new way of life, but then slowly, as you integrate it, it will be less overwhelming, or omnipresent is maybe a better word. There's an old Catholic concept called "custody of the eyes". It means to be in control of the things you look at, and the thoughts you have about those things. Usually it means to take care when you're looking at other people that you aren't looking at them as objects of lust, that you're seeing them as whole people, even if that person happens to be acting in a provocative way. The idea behind it is that it is YOUR responsibility how you respond to temptation. You can use that concept in this situation too. Someone may in fact be eating more than they need at this moment in time, but YOU have custody of your eyes. You can choose to think to yourself "Well, he may have an addictive pattern that he's just not ready to address at this time. I certainly did that myself before I was ready to change." Or if it's a stranger you can think "They may have just gotten off a 12 hour shift and they're starving." Try to reframe your thoughts in a way that is compassionate rather than judgemental, and remember another thing "Not my circus. Not my monkeys." That one means that you shouldn't waste your precious resources of willpower and problem solving about things that aren't your responsibility. You can still care about others, but setting a good example, and being ready to help if asked are way more productive than preaching at someone, plus they make you feel more centered as well. Good luck. :)