Sharing my awful tragedy with you guys [PIC HEAVY]

Options

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I loved it.

I had a similar experience with a watermelon.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: I'm so sorry for your loss. :sad:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I love it! :heart: I once wrote a similar story about a habanero, but without pics. You are awesome! :drinker:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I met him by chance. I was at the supermarket, just a normal day.
    He was surrounded by many others that looked like him, but he was special. I can honestly say he gained my heart with his perfect smile.

3F8XP.jpg

I asked his name. "Melon", he answered with the deepest, sexiest voice I had ever heard.
    "Melon", I repeated, savoring the sound with my palate... Oh, Melon... Lovely luscious lips, lively smile and luring complexion. I love you.
    I took him home. We talked and laughed over a few beers.

3F8Zk.jpg

It was getting late, so I invited him to bed. I shall keep you guys from torrid details, but I knew we were meant to be when I woke up and saw him there, smiling affectionately at me.

3F91A.jpg

We spent the best days of our lives together. We had fun at the pool, and he'd sing while I played. I was imprinted with the deepest sense of compatibility.

3F93J.jpg

3F95J.jpg

But one thing was starting to make me lose my nights. Melon was aging so much faster than me... I shared my concerns with him. He didn't have much energy to follow me around with my shenanigans anymore.

3F971.jpg

He surprised me one morning with a tired kiss. He looked deeply into my eyes and said: "Honey, you'll have to eat me". I understood immediately.
    Melon's days were close to an end. If I wanted to keep part of him eternally sheltered inside me, I'd have to eat him. So I made it clean and fast, and apologised with teary eyes.

3F99s.jpg

So I ate him. Entirely, at once, with a spoon.

3F9aA.jpg

There was nothing left of Melon but the shell that once contained the sweet soul of my lover. An empty body. A void that matched that one in my heart.

3F9c9.jpg

Melon always told me he grew up in a farm, where he could roll around in the fresh soil all day with his siblings. "From soil, to soil", I thought. Shall your cycle be complete, honeydew.

3F9d1.jpg

How beautiful. i hope one day to have a fruit affair to remember.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    An epic love story. Thank you for sharing. I truly believe there is more than one melon out there for each of us. Someday, somewhere, you'll find another.
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :cry:

I hope time eases your pain.

The hardest part was logging an entire melon into my diary :cry:
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    OH thank you, I needed that today.
    And I'll toast Melon when I get home this evening :drinker:
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    you must have alot of time on your hands... lol :-)
  • BathtubBadger
    Options

Yes, I'm on my winter break from university / work :) Rather use it eating fruit and spreading smiles than... Sleeping?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

Yes, I'm on my winter break from university / work :) Rather use it eating fruit and spreading smiles than... Sleeping?

Art major or psychology?
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I needed this today! Thank you!
  • Jayiz
    Jayiz Posts: 39
    Options
    Uh, I love you for this. Seriously, I do.
    And I'm so terribly sorry for your loss ;)
    Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!
  • BathtubBadger
    Options

Art major or psychology?

Industrial engineering, actually. Though I know my art abilities are fantastic. Just look at how perfectly I drew his face.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great effort! You made me read the whole love story:)
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You did what you had to. If only all relationships could end do cleanly and deliciously.

Perhaps to honor him with more beers of remembrance you can hold a vigil at a karaoke bar. Sing something special just for him- Seasons in the Sun, I will Always Love You, or that Titanic song. I suggest avoiding Smashing Pumpkins or Blind Melon as it sends a mixed message.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Industrial engineering, actually. Though I know my art abilities are fantastic. Just look at how perfectly I drew his face.

I know, right.

I love your melons though.
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    You did what you had to. If only all relationships could end do cleanly and deliciously.

Perhaps to honor him with more beers of remembrance you can hold a vigil at a karaoke bar. Sing something special just for him- Seasons in the Sun, I will Always Love You, or that Titanic song. I suggest avoiding Smashing Pumpkins or Blind Melon as it sends a mixed message.

Laughed so hard with this, thanks :laugh:
  • FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options
    You continue to touch the hearts of so many readers by sharing your pain in pictures and words. You are the Taylor Swift of MFP, I hope that you one day find your perfect fruit to be happy with...but again, that was one lucky melon!
  • umieto
    umieto Posts: 46
    Options
    I had a similar experience with a chilli.

Still have the mixtape I made to get over him.

His children were delicious.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    This was truly awesome, loved it! Thanks! :flowerforyou: