Women's multivitamin makes me throw up

Options
13»

Replies

• kkveggie
    kkveggie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with the gummy vitamins. I get insanely nauseous when I take regular multi-vitamins, so I started taking the gummy kind (and brand) with dinner. Bonus, they taste delicious!
  • wigglepit
    wigglepit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They make me barf, too. And scared me as well before I figured out it was the vitamin. Now I break the pill in half, take one after a big breakfast with about 3 glasses of water, the other after dinner with 3 more glasses of water. I think the water is even more helpful than the food, I just throw up the food.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    its the iron are you eating first? if your still sick even after you eat find one that leaves out the iron you can easily get your iron from food like spinach ect also a lot of people have better success with prenatal vitamins
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Women's multivitamins make me throw up also, and I always take them with food, so I know that isn't the problem. I don't know what it is that makes me feel sick when I take them. I now take Flinstone's Complete vitamins which have iron also, and they don't make me sick.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. I mainly posted this to see if other people have experienced the same thing, and I'm glad to learn I'm not alone. I had just never heard anyone else say vitamins made them puke before, but it seems to be more common than I thought!

I think I'm gonna get the gummy vitamins - those sound awesome :happy:
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem before. I was told there was a something in the vitamin I was getting too much of. Seems everyone here is agreeing on iron :smile:
  • betsyr13
    betsyr13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ditto to those who said to take the kids chewable vitamins. Flintstones with iron or the store brand equivalent. My doctor said it was fine.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with an upset stomach although not to the point of throwing up. I switched to taking it at night, and for a while I made sure to eat something. Even a few crackers helped. But you're have a much stronger exactions. Maybe just experiment and see which one works for you. Kind of an expensive proposition since. Vitamins aren't cheap. Check to see if some of the vitamins have some sort of coating - that might help too.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've switched to whole foods multivitamins (New Chapter, MegaFoods, and Rainbow Light are ones I've bought at various times) and they don't upset my stomach like ones I tried before that. I can even take them on an empty stomach, which is amazing to me (I never knew a person could actually throw up simultaneously out of mouth AND nose until having a prenatal on an empty stomach! :sick: ) I don't need extra iron now so that may also help.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I can only take the gummies, and even with the gummies I need to take them after eating a meal. I used to get ridiculously nauseous from the One-a-Day horse pills.