Replies

• Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz swimsuit?

Yuck.
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    I remember when the grapefruit diet was all the rage, it's just a gimmicky fad diet that's dangerous.

If you lost weight with it, you likely slashed your calories extremely low and replaced meals with this drink, it's not sustainable weight loss. It's a quick fix, but it will not last.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't use the grapefruit juice, it's too bitter for me. I put real mandarins in the vitamix with a handful of green coffee bean and raspberry ketone pills, I add a splash of soda water and VOILA... Slimdown shake without the grapefruit but I still get the vitamin C!!!!

Oh hon, this isn't a magic shake to make you lose weight. Just eat real food, and do the opposite of what Dr. Oz tells you.

Now I feel bad... I don't really do this. I was being a d i c k.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    And here I thought grapefruit juice was for vodka!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I don't use the grapefruit juice, it's too bitter for me. I put real mandarins in the vitamix with a handful of green coffee bean and raspberry ketone pills, I add a splash of soda water and VOILA... Slimdown shake without the grapefruit but I still get the vitamin C!!!!

Oh hon, this isn't a magic shake to make you lose weight. Just eat real food, and do the opposite of what Dr. Oz tells you.

Now I feel bad... I don't really do this. I was being a d i c k.

Haha, well played!
    You just never know here...
  • Practicallymagic
    Options
    Its not quack my mother used to do this and had success, its healthy . Something in grape fruit helps to burn fat I find pineapple works too. Calorie deficit doesn't work for me been doing that for years and just doesn't work.

Then you haven't been at a deficit, or you have an unresolved medical issue. If you've been yo-yo dieting for years then that could be your problem. But this drink is not going to fix the problem. It's not going to hurt you, but it's not going to make you lose weight either.

I don't have a problem just said calorie deficit never worked for me I don't think about it anymore eat healthy ,eat when Im hungry listen to my body and include Juicing and I am steadily losing weight . My mothers doctor told her to have fresh sqeezed Grapefuit juice every morning and it helped her.
  • Practicallymagic
    Options
    Its not quack my mother used to do this and had success, its healthy . Something in grape fruit helps to burn fat I find pineapple works too. Calorie deficit doesn't work for me been doing that for years and just doesn't work.

for some reason I dont buy this for many reasons. I would go with you aren't measuring your food. and only eyeballing it - and not truly eating at a deficit. Pills, shakes and juicing. yadda yadda yadda are mere gimmicks. Hard work and dedication to yourself is always the true and best way to lose weight.

I don't expect you to buy it but it is the truth my doctor knows as well . I just listen to my body and eat healthy and only when Im hungry. It works best for me
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Then you're doing it wrong (unless you've been to a REAL doctor and have been officially diagnosed with some type of medical condition). It's a very simple formula: calories in v. calories out. A lot of people on here (including me for a while) are not eating enough calories. Here's a good starting point to determine the number of calories you'll need to eat to lose: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

There's no fast fix pill, drink, soup, etc.

Thanks for the link, it was helpful.
  • Practicallymagic
    Options
    Lol, if drinking grapefruit juice without calorie deficit works, then we'd probably have no obesity issues. And if calorie deficit doesn't work, then why are you bothering to be on a calorie counting site?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

No no it mostly for me what kind of calories that changes everything as well as eliminate prossessed food and msg
  • pjlmrn
    pjlmrn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If it looks like a duck, and it acts like a duck and it sounds like a duck... it's a quack.

Love it, so true!
  • AyeHarper
    Options
    Everyone on here is SO SNARKY & act like they are professionals..

Just try it for yourself. That's the only way you can find out if it truly works :) Apple Cider vinegar has its health benefits regardless :) good luck on your journey.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here is SO SNARKY & act like they are professionals..

Just try it for yourself. That's the only way you can find out if it truly works :) Apple Cider vinegar has its health benefits regardless :) good luck on your journey.

No, just a lot of people here have been around the merry-go-round a few times, see threads like this on a daily basis and know there is no quick fix or get skinny quick trick. You don't need to be a professional to smell bullsh!t.
  • Cierra_bcjbrown
    Options
    I know im late to the party but ok maybe its not an instant weight loss trick, but, id say its still pretty healthy for you.
    I mean hand squeezing the grapefruits and oranges and pureering the pineapple , I find it funny people running out and buying bottled juice lol grapefruits and oranges are way cheaper than bottled and have natural sugars. Using raw unprocessed honey is so great for you! It helps with allergies and great for your immune system. As long as you maintain a healthy eating habit and excercise what could it hurt by adding this drink to your diet?
  • Andiidee
    Andiidee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post and I am off topic, but thank you for the Scooby workshop calorie calculator! No wonder my plan was not working; I have been eating way too few calories. I am anxious to see what the increase in calories brings about in my weight loss.
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Just forget about the gimmicks. Eat at a deficit.

ETA: If people put as much effort into losing weight the proper way as they do looking for quick fixes they would already be half way there.
    This. Also, Oz is a grifter.
  • highervibes
    Options
    Slimdown Smoothie Recipe:

Juice of 2 Grapefruits
    2 capsules green coffee bean extract
    2 capsules raspberry ketones

Blend it togehter, and add 1/4capple cider vinegar after blending.

This is guaranteed to slim you down
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Juice of 2 Grapefruits

:noway:

C'mon! You KNOW this won't work without the cayenne pepper...

:wink:
  • highervibes
    Options

Juice of 2 Grapefruits

:noway:

C'mon! You KNOW this won't work without the cayenne pepper...

:wink:

Nice add, +1tsp cayenne OP!
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    oh no not this thread again! Dr Oz is a quack
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I know im late to the party but ok maybe its not an instant weight loss trick, but, id say its still pretty healthy for you.
    I mean hand squeezing the grapefruits and oranges and pureering the pineapple , I find it funny people running out and buying bottled juice lol grapefruits and oranges are way cheaper than bottled and have natural sugars. Using raw unprocessed honey is so great for you! It helps with allergies and great for your immune system. As long as you maintain a healthy eating habit and excercise what could it hurt by adding this drink to your diet?

like 5 months late to a really ****ty party....