What did they mean by this? Can't stop crying

Options

Replies

• smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I believe you should seek counselling. If your self esteem and self image is this low, it may help to have someone shed some insight and provide you with coping skills.
    This is not meant as an attack on your person, therapy coulld help.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    By the sounds of it and your stats I think you may have either misheard or misunderstood what they have said.

However by getting so upset you have given them the power over you. The comment has come from two random strangers who are probably bored while driving around - they have since forgotten their remark and carried on with their life.

I know remarks can be upsetting especially if you have low self esteem but are they really worth it?
  • podab
    podab Posts: 5
    Options
    delete
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better. if that is your pic then you are beautiful and courageous for talking about it.
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Had a similar thing happen to me (on the way to the gym, ironically), and it upset me. Then I heard the same guys, same car doing exactly the same thing to a really thin girl a week later.

I realised then that it said more about them than about me. It was on university campus and they were youngish teenagers who clearly had some kind of student resentment. But as an isolated incident, I took it personally before I realised they clearly had no lives and do it all the time to everyone. Pity them and move on.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people care so much about what others think or say about others.

Looking at your pic I think you look great in fact you look as juicy as some bacon.

Bacon -

1.quite possibly the greatest thing ever conceived by mankind and is frequently called the tastiest thing around
    it can be eaten (devoured) with everything
    and in some cultures is used as a mating ritual
  • catbubbles
    catbubbles Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi everyone

So I was walking down the road this morning in shorts and a top when 2 guys yell from their van "oi love hows the bacon!" By this I can only assume they were calling me fat.

This does not mean fat. It is a slang term for sex. While you thought they were insulting you, they were actually complimenting you in a very perverted way. Ignore A** Holes like that!!!!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Those were just a couple idiots that have no idea how to communicate with a smokin hawt female ......

Anyways ..., Bacon is yummy, one of the best things on earth. I would think this is what they meant .... You looked yummy .....:smile:
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    wow..everyone thank you so much for your lovely comments. I honestly didn't post this to fish for compliments. Perhaps I did mishear them but not much sounds like "bacon" haha. I guess I just need to look past it, keep working hard and look killer in a few months and see who is laughing then :p thanks again everyone honestly you've all made my day a bit better xo

This issue is taking on a whole life of its own, as another thread is going on, posted by the same person and on exactly the same subject .... slightly different wording with no mention of "bacon". I am not averse to people posting this kind of thing if they have real problems, but two ongoing threads which are making a meal of an apparent comment seems rather like overkill.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    y are you not in the kitchen making breakfast..get off the computer and go make.

Go measure your **** somewhere else mate!!
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Who cares what exactly they said, things are very easily misunderstood, between spouses, let alone random strangers, Maybe they thought it was a compliment?
    In the end all it comes down to is the fact that; YOU had their attention; YOU caught their eye, regardless of any words said, THAT is a compliment. Because honestly why would they be lookin at you, if they didn't see something they liked?
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Looking at your pic and knowing your a size 6, you must have misheard them or they are idiots and didn't mean it like that. Men say stupid things all the time without thinking. Your so pretty, I cant imagine they would do that.

BTW I love bacon, who doesn't? :laugh:
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You already look hot...I think it was a compliment :)
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's a couple of *kitten* hats in a van who could have meant any number of things, none of which is relevant to who you are or how you look.

You do look great!

So work on bringing your confidence up in line with your appearance.

^^OH THIS!!^^
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Because some people are just *kitten* for the sake of being *kitten*. Besides, who cares what two ****s in a van think? You are lovely so eff 'em. Don't waste your tears on such pathetic excuses for human beings.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that you can make a choice about your size, but they can't choose to get intelligent:wink:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this a minute ago...Is it possible they said hows the shaking????

I know one of those lines that men seem to use which is so stupid is "do you want some fries with that shake" when they look at a hot womens butt...
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow..I live in the UK too and have never head that sort of remark, but regardless, it has made you upset.

you are an attractive young woman and really..just ignore these sorts of comments.

Alternatively...take up running and bombard them with snot rockets. You'd be surprised how accurate you become the more you run.

Agree with this, especially the snot rockets!

I think that the issue you are really wanting us to help with is not that they shouted at you but that you heard what ever it was that they said as an insult and got very upset about it. Have you thought doing some kind of course in self esteem boosting? They do have some very good results and give you few tools by which you can build up your resilience. I know one very simple technique which will feel incredibly cheesey and 'like how can that work?' but if you look at yourself in the mirror each morning and say out loud something like 'look at me, I'm beautiful , I have a lovely figure and am a kind and friendly person. People really like me, I know they do' and slowly it will sink in and you will accept that it is true.

Another thing to try, which takes some practice too, is if something negative happens - like these blokes - you need to turn it around in your head (it's called reframing). So instead of saying 'oh they shoutined something at me, it's because I'm fat', you need to throw that thought away and say 'what stupid jerks, sexist pigs shouting stuff at people from the safety of their van' It's their problem not yours.

HTH
    xx
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I really hope that the OP sees all of these lovely replies. She disappeared after a few not so nice comments came along...I hope she sees that most people on this site are great for motivation and support but just like in the "real world" there are always those "white van people". There are meanies in every bunch! I hope she gets the help she needs so she can improve her mind to match how much she's improved her body.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    OK, here's what happened (imho).

My husband was an *kitten* when he was younger (like high school. he's nicer now). He said he and his friends thought it was hilarious to yell things just like that to thin girls who were outside exercising. They would actually target thin girls--not heavy ones. They thought it was hilarious to "get in their heads."

What. Effing sociopaths. That's a step beyond ordinary brutality. Or maybe it's not. Jesus.