Non-existant. :frown:
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ceiling fans
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    I like my place to be very cool....but high energy bills suck! We get temps up to 102-105 degrees, I compromise and keep my air set at 78 degrees and use a fan as well, which really helps-it's comfortable. When I get on my treadmill though I knock it down to 76.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    During the day, it's at 75. When it hits about 5pm (aka when the cooking happens) it drops to 70. Then at 8pm, it drops to 60. I can't stand to sleep hot!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    At home 73, in my pet store 70 because we have cats up for adoption..want to keep them comfy. :smile:
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    68...I melt at any temperature higher than that.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    77 Haha and its freezing in my living room (in the basement) but hot as Hades in the loft
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    We don't have central air, just a small AC in the bedroom window and one in the Living room for when the dog is at home in there. We keep it at 75 for the dog, and we keep the one in the bedroom at 72 but only have it on at night.
  • JennyJo23
    JennyJo23 Posts: 33
    Options
    We keep ours set at 71, would be lower if it were up to my hubby. And our electric bill is about $100
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    During the day it's kept at 82 degrees and down to 80 at night. is fine when its 113 outside.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    76 during the day when I'm out, 74 while I'm home, 72 while I'm sleeping.
  • alderman59
    alderman59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I keep it at 78 during the day and 76 at night. Remember...the oven really adds to your cooling load so avoid turning that on when you are running the ac.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    75! Our heat index is like 106 today!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    76 all day and night. I would love to have it lower but....$$$$$. It was 84 in here when I got home from work last night at 11pm. Still better then the 110 at work though. Tonight...even worse. I hope this breaks soon. I keep hearing Saturday.

Thank goodness basement stays at lovely 55-60 in summer. We hide down here quite a bit.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Right now it's 76 degrees in my house. Heat index over 107 today! Husband wants the AC at 80, I want 73 so we compromised. Just wondering if 73 is unreasonable. I love my AC!

What's yours at?
    We have ours on 75 or 76 lately because it's getting so hot, but I really don't like going lower than 76. For me, 73 is unreasonable just because I'm sure it would drive our electric bill up and I'd be too cold!

I live in Florida, and when it's not the middle of summer I try to keep it on 77-78.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    79!
  • amandamae61288
    amandamae61288 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Dude, that's below freezing!

How do you do it??

I can't tell if you are kidding, but obviously he means 20.5 celsius- which is about 68 fahrenheit.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am shocked at how cold some of you keep your AC! Maybe it's just because it would cost so much to do that here?!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm a hot box who wear shorts, A-shirt, and no socks year round when at home, but the thermostat is set to keep the avg. temp at 78F year-round. There are ceiling fans in all bedrooms and the family room and they run 24/7/365 except for cleaning and semi-annual reversal. The default is 78F, but I'll tweak it up/down 1-2 degrees as needed. I plan to get wiring done in the living room and home office so I can install fans there as well.
    Today for example, 96F high with heat index forecast for 108F, so I put it at 78F before bed and 77F during the day. My home office is the only outlier in temp, so I'll turn on the pedestal fan as needed when I'm in there (rare). When on vacation out-of-town for more than 2-3 days, I program it for 84F/72F (summer/winter) while gone and 78F the day before return.
    Heating the house is WAY more expensive than cooling because I have plenty of shade trees. My electric bill drops $50-100 in the summer.