How often do you weight yourself??

Options
I'm just wondering what everyone's habits are as far as #1 - How often do you weigh yourself? & #2 - How often do you log your weight onto MFP?

Replies

• peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    here iswhere I will get a lot of flak.

I weigh myself every weekday morning. Always right after the shower and evacuation and befor eating. Generally 20 minutes after waking up.

Now the downside to this method is that I see the ups and downs, buuuut, I am getting really good at understanding why I gained or lost. So on a day when I am up and I think back and go ok, I went over calories and only had 3 glasses of water oh and there was that coke in there. Or I went down and think, damn, i did a bunch right! So as long as I know why I gain if I do, it helps me to see what the smaller changes I can make daily to help lose or maintain.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as well. It keeps me aware of things.
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself every day and log my weight after each loss. If the scale fluctuates up, I'll wait about 3 days to see if it's from water and what not. If the weight is still higher than my last log, I will log the gain.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Every morning ... I don't get inordinately excited about either losses or gains---I am watching the overall pattern. As long as, overall, I continue to lose weight, I'm content. I think daily weighing provides more data, thus giving a more realistic picture of any progress (or lack of progress) I'm making.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Everyday, I can't help it I've been doing it for years, even when I was heavy. I only log my weight on Friday.
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Every morning, for all the same reasons as the others.

But I only record a new weight when I have been consistently under it for a week.
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    Every 4 days.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    oh yes, forgot that part. I log every day too. I like to see the ups and downs over time.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Every morning but only log every Friday. I need to stop that. It's frustrating!
  • daughterofelectricfire
    Options
    Mainly every morning to every couple of days, before breakfast... unless I have had a bad day - then I tend to leave it a couple of days! XD
  • rwbgator
    rwbgator Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right now I am weighing myself once a week, so I do not get discouraged. I know that my weight may flucuate from time to time due to a heavy harted meal or more water intake during the day.. Bottom line is, I don't want to get to weight conscious. This is a life time journey and I want to make it as simple as possible.
  • BellaT81
    BellaT81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, unlike all the above, I only weigh myself once a month, and log every time. I, as opposed to most, do NOT like to see the ups and downs and feel that I become obsessed with the numbers if I weigh in too frequently. This allows me to keep tabs on what's happening without making it all about the figure on the scales. I also take monthly measurements.

I find that I can generally tell how my body fluctuated throughout the month by the way it looks and the fit of my clothes :-)
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly. Sometimes I'll hop on the scale more often than that, but I'll only record my weight once a week. I usually do it immediately after I wake up, since my scale is in my bedroom (right in front of the mirror so I can blow myself a kiss, too ;D).
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 4 or 5 times a week, but I keep in mind that it can fluctuate day to day.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I weight myself three days a week. Deadlifts on Monday, squats on Wednesday, bench on Friday.
  • awebster2
    awebster2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Every day - but I know it's goes all over the place sometimes and don't sweat it. Sometimes I can mysteriously gain two and a half pounds overnight. It's just part of the game. As long as I can bring up a monthly graph and show a downward trend, I'm happy. I got an Aria scale that automatically logs it in to my fitbit account which then logs it into MFP . I figure that helps create accountability for me. There's no more, "Well, I somehow went up two pounds, I just won't log weight today."
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log > Once a week every Monday first thing in the morning. I logged every weight loss or weight gain for the week.
  • doriyoung
    doriyoung Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself every day and log my weight after each loss. If the scale fluctuates up, I'll wait about 3 days to see if it's from water and what not. If the weight is still higher than my last log, I will log the gain.

^This
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I get on a scale every morning between 5 am and 7 am.