Once Thread Killer, Always Thread Killer

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: It all sounds Good and Healthy. You'll have to let us know how well it works.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Well it chased away the unwellness I was feeling and I got a good days work done.

Sharing moment - my daughter and her friend have decided to keep each other accountable for good health, they must take photos of every thing they eat, and send it to each other (beats writing it all out), plus record the amount of exercise they do each week. I think the photo evidence is a great idea, as the visual can be so important.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Great Idea for the Girls!! You'll have to keep us informed on their Progress. Are they interested in MFP for Tracking?

:happy: There was another Thread on here earlier about Green Smoothies. One of the Ideas that they mentioned was mixing Spinach and water to about a Thick, Soup Consistency then freezing it in Ice Cube trays. Then when you are ready for a Spinach Smoothie, just drop the Ice in.

:heart: So happy that you felt better after you had Your Smoothie this morning!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Here I am again. No new smoothie recipes from me. Sticking to the tried and true.

Been enjoying my weekend as much as possible.

Think I told you about DH and his operation 2 weeks ago?

Well, Now he has to go back again Wed to "finish it up" SAY WHAT!!??!

They never said anything to Me or Him about this when we left. So needless to say I can't get anytime off to be with him and it's just making me sick. I would take an occurrence but our financial situation won't even allow this. I'm really thinking hard about this and am just torn up.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I am so sorry to hear this!! I know your Heart has to be Hurting and there is Very Little you can do. Is your Boss likely to cut you any slack in this situation, like letting you come in Late or leave early or make up the hours by working longer on a different day? I know you have probably thought of all of that!

Your Hubby and You will be in My Prayers for Sure!!
  • mem50
    Options
    With the July slow down going on we at work are running on a skeleton crew. The only way for them to "let" me have a personal or vacation day is if we have enough finished goods on the floor for the following day and part of the next.

I'll do my best to keep you posted.

Thanks for the Prayers...they are very much welcomed at this point. Hugs and Love,
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My hubby was under the threat of loosing his job for quit awhile, now that they are no longer telling him his job is the next one to go he is starting to like his job again. It seems like a no brainer to me, that pressuring people with their job security is not good for moral.
  • mem50
    Options
    I finally got back to my normal job last night. What a mess. The two guys running it last week did no cleaning at all, the finished goods are down to a day to day point. When I went to the other job there was at least a 5 day bank.

So, needless to say, no time off for me. I did tell the boss...they are going to try working something out but I don't see it happening.

I did warn them that I Will be keeping my cell tucked into my sleeve on vibrate and if it goes off I am out that door so fast...I'll take the occurrence.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I am praying that your boss will be understanding, and that your Hubby's procedure will be uneventful.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Does anybody have a good recipe or two for spaghetti squash. My hubby likes it and I wish I knew how to make something besides spaghetti with it.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :smile: I think you can make anything you can use "Regular" Spaghetti for? Not really sure. Have you checked the Spaghetti Squash Thread here on MFP? I think it is either Under Food and Nutrition or Recipes.

:heart: I checked, it is Under Recipes.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Who knew? There's a Spaghetti Squash Thread? :laugh: Thanks for the tip
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Hope your Spaghetti Squash turned out AWESOME!!

I haven't really tried anything "New" this week, but I am LOVING my Veggie Smoothies!!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    We had Chicken Cacciatore with Spaghetti Squash. Not bad, it was a nice change from the usual spaghetti.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :ohwell: I really need to pick one up soon. They are delicious even with just a little spray butter and Spice on them.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Back from 2 weeks away for a wedding and bad food choices.

Todays smoothie to start pumpimg in some goodness.
    Blueberries, banana, kale, coconut water, cinnamon, wheatgrass powder, ground flaxmeal.

There must be a book or smoothie recipes that would tell me what to have to pump in vitamin c, or iron etc.
  • mem50
    Options
    Just another week at the funny farm here.

The 2nd procedure for Geo...not needed...this is figured out AFTER they have stabbed him 10 times to get an IV in and opened his arms up for the ballons and really F'd him up good. WE are SO mad. Taking it to the next level. No reason for surgery at ALL!!!!

Me on the other hand. I do need surgery on legs. I have "dead" veins that are causing me pain. So they want to remove them. I'm setting it up for Christmas holiday so will have time to recoup.

I have been so busy with work and taking care of Geo I have not been around much.

Missed you all

Long live the Thread!!!!!!

Mary
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Because of stress from three directions I have not been able to loose any weight even though I have cut calories and added exercise. Stress does that to me. I know that now my hubby is back from his trip and my brother is through his surgery I will probably calm down to normal levels and my body will start to let go of the fat... it's worked that way in the past. Sounds like I am not the only one who has more than their fair share of stress lately. I am glad they discovered your husband didn't need surgery before they cut him open, but sorry he had all the painful prep, that sucks. I hope your leg surgery goes without any glitches.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Oh goodness Mary, they have certainly messed your husband around. So hard to have confidence in the medical profession when this happens. I do hope all goes well when you have your procedure done.

I am struggling big time, I have to get my health back in control and this can happen with diet and exercise for me. Diabetic type 2 and I can help myself, so whats stopping me. Why do I do/eat the wrong things when I can so easily help myself. Why is it so hard to stick to eating healthy delicious choices and enjoying a walk each day. So easy a solution and yet, junk food and couch potato seems to be my choice.

I am not good at killing this thread but if it seems if I don't change my habits I am easily killing myself.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: So sorry about all the Pain and Drama that you have endured!! You will be in my Prayers, and I will be Praying for your Medical Team, too!!