Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Only if it's labeled as Trade Free.
  • markovicj
    markovicj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    RE: Green & Black's Organics 85% - I TOTALLY agree! Best on the market.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

How about Fairtrade? Does that count?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Who cares? It's tasty. :wink:
    QFT
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I usually follow the three second rule, so pick it right up off the ground and eat it right away!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Depends. It gets my hands dirty if I take too long to eat it. It's clean if you keep it cool, I suppose.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I eat organic dark chocolate...occasionally

it's yummy and it tastes better.

I look for the ones that have less ingredients.
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think so. One of my favorite snacks is a square of Lindt 90% dark chocolate with natural almond butter on top...Yum
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Same meaning, different wording. :P As long as the people sweating on my chocolate are getting paid, it's clean. :drinker:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    In my book chocolate is clean but if it is in a product containing sugar of any kind or artificial sugar it is not a clean product.

what??? sugar is a natural product.. how does adding a natural product to another natural product make it unlcean?? LOL (non-GMO products i'm talking here)

dont' put sugar in your coffee!!!! It's not clean if you do! (thank god I don't do this I might die!!) (really i just dont' like added sugar too much lol)

(ps i'm a clean eater and I find the above statement ridiclous. LOL)
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Dark chocolate sucks.
    Since I've found a truly good dark chocolate, I think milk chocolate sucks.

this...that crap is just candy...

Yes.. but so is Hersey's Special Dark.. it's only 42% cocoa. Meaning it's more confection than chocolate.

I love dark chocolate, but the real stuff. Like 70% cocoa and more.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I still have no clue if this was meant to be a serious thread, or not.

Either way, it's amusing.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    define "clean" please.
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Because I can't avoid the train wrecks:

Dear OP,

Pick a so - called "clean eating" model. There are several. Paleo, Primal, Whole 90 come immediately to mind. Go read the "appropriate" food lists for them to help you decide. Then do what most of us do and set your percentage. Most people shoot for 80/20. I do 90/10, because this is literally a prescription plan for me to try and manage some neurological issues. For the critics, I have done a LOT of research, and Johns Hopkins has been successfully using my macro numbers for 100 years. Also, I don't care what you are eating, if it is working for you. The fact that I have been able to kick a daily NSAID habit may be anecdotal, and it may be a placebo effect, but it is working for ME.

That 80/20 means that MOST of the people I know off of MFP understand that it is not practical, nor necessarily desirable to do things 100%. I am very glad that my introduction to Paleo was through a group that was not filled with the zealots that apparently stalk MFP.

You can get chocolate made for diabetics. It is made with sugar alcohols, and not stevia or sucralose. It has the added benefit of being self-limiting, because too much acts like Ex-Lax. But IMO, if you're going to do it, buy the best quality you can buy, and enjoy it as part of your 10 or 20%

If you are serious, and it is hard to tell with all the trolling about the subject lately, you are free to look at my diary and message me for some sites that are not at all zealous and welcome people who are interested in making small changes toward eating differently.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Same meaning, different wording. :P As long as the people sweating on my chocolate are getting paid, it's clean. :drinker:
    "Trade free" does not mean the same thing as "fair trade."
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yummy dark chocolate. I love Green & Black's! I try to stick to 82-88% varieties. Hershey's is only 45% , so -meh - not so good, but probably the lesser of the milk/dark chocolate evils.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    its dark..so not its dirty
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Try Righteously Raw...best ever raw dark chocolate with super foods in it..AND so so delicious if you like dark..the caramel one is addictive!!!!
    Pricey though...but means you eat less ;)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I am...
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I love it :) the darker the chocolate the more heart friendly it is. I cant stand it if it is above 70% though blah