What NSV did you have this week?

Options
Buff2022
Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
1. this 34 year old hit on me at Target
2. my mom said oh you have lost weight. I was wearing a tank top and boxer shorts.
3. some of my summer clothes are getting to big
4. a friend/customer at work...didn't recognize me. She said between the tan and the weight loss I was not sure if that was you.
5. I walked 12 blocks in 99 degree heat and thought nothing of it.

what are yours????

Replies

• schuagah
    schuagah Posts: 15
    Options
    1. clocked the fastest pace to date during my morning walk - had to start another GPS tracking app just to confirm the pace since i figured the first must be broken - especially since it was over 90 degrees already (usually means i move slower).

2. I fit perfectly into jeans bought 3yrs ago that were too tight even then (serious muffin top) and that i haven't even been able to pull on the past 2yrs. Today, they slid on just fine and, no muffins in sight!!

Yay for progress!! :)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    - going shopping and buying size L/XL in tops ( still in the "im fat" in my head stage i guess), and having to return the tops to get a size M even a small .
    - buying a bathing suit and going swimming everyday with my daughter ( terrified of showing off my legs and butt because im not toned as much as i wanted to be), but every day i go is like a day i conquer getting over this insecurity!
  • Raevyns
    Raevyns Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I totally resisted some free pizza at work. *Flex*
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1. I ate dinner and several lunches straight out of my garden.

2. I bought a digital kitchen scale (FINALLY) and discovered I have in fact been shorting myself on serving sizes for most veggies.

3. Also replaced my old spring bathroom scale with a digital, and (here's the NSV) did not freak out when I instantly gained 4 pounds. It's easier to read and gives the .2 pound increments, so yay for no more struggling to read a swing-needle through foggy plastic.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I originally wore size 24/26 pants and this week I've worn all size 20 pants that I bought! (New goal NSV, to shop for clothes in the 16 and 18 sizes - ALMOST able to shop in REGULAR sized sections, NOT plus sized!!!)

I stuck to my fitness routine 7 days a week without fail for two weeks (on Sunday).

At the gym I was able to stand up without using my knees first, just walked backward on my hands.

I had to step up on a weight bench during one of my sets to switch sides (3 times). I was super scared to do it and did it anyway with no assistance and not using my hands, only my leg strength.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A pair of capris that were too tight on me last year are too loose on me now, I need a belt to keep them up. All of the shorts that I bought for this summer are also becoming too loose.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I bought smaller jeans this morning, one pair in a size smaller than I have been wearing and also a size down from that just because I'm that confident I'm getting into them. Actually I can already get into them - they're just not even a little bit comfortable. But soon.
  • HahnTBeth
    HahnTBeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. I ran a mile without stopping!!! It's not much, but it's a start!!
    2. Realized today I can go down a size in shirts
    3. My scrub pants are getting very baggy!
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I scored an adorable Oilily denim skirt at a rummage sale for $1. A little too small when I bought it a month ago. When I tried it on this morning: perfect fit!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I realized that the belt I wear actually matter now that you can see it.
  • marcel_theschell
    marcel_theschell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The new pants I bought 1 1/2 months ago because none of my other pants fit are now too big.
  • goldgoat96
    Options
    Just started this program with my son this past week. Been walking just over a mile every night even in the intense heat. Last night we walked 2.4 miles. Temp was 97 and dewpoint was at 100% so very very warm out. I walked 1.3 miles more than I have during the past week. Not bad for a 64 year old lady, huh?
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    1. Noticing how loose many of my clothes are getting on me - some even a size L!

2. Feeling more confident about wearing a new swimsuit (in a size I haven't worn in over 10 years) on a trip I'll be taking in 2 months.

3. Having my daughter tell me "Mom, you're getting skinny!"

4. Riding my bicycle without feeling sluggish (haven't been on it in at least 4 years).

5. Enjoying many fruits and veggies and feeling full! :)
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Benched 112.5 for a 1x3
    Squatted 175 for a 1x5
    And taught myself power cleans.

It's been a good week. :smile:
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs! Congrats everyone!

Yesterday during 30DS level 2, the part where you have to do the military press with leg extension - I was able to stand on one leg throughout both circuits the whole time. I was also able to do the quad stretches at the end without using a piece of furniture to stablize myself. Balance is improving! Yay!
  • goldgoat96
    Options
    WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot run due to bad knees, but my son and I have been walking just a little over a mile for the past week and last night we walked 2.4 miles. Temp was 97 and dew points were at 100% so very hot out so I know how you felt when you did the whole mile without stopping. Keep it up.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me that if Jessica Alba walked into the room and threw herself at him, he'd tell her to GTFO. Then he told me he wanted to build a house on my *kitten*.
  • eob1273
    eob1273 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was feeling lazy and frustrated this morning, but I got myself dressed, completed a 3 mile run, worked with some weights, and am feeling much better! Sometimes the hardest part is getting out the door with the kids :)
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    1. Fit into size 12 jeans - although it will be a while before I wear them out of the house! :P Haven't fit in them for a year
    2. Shirts don't gape around my chest any more
    3. Can't wear my size 16s! They practically fall off!
    4. Got called skinny *kitten* by my husband :) He knows I'm not yet, but the sentiment was congratulatory :)
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    - Started 30ds, didn't feel like I was going to die afterward AND wasn't sore the next day

- Couldn't tuck my undershirt into the fat girl capris I bought at the beginning of the summer because they were way too loose

- Rocking a shirt to work today that I wouldn't wear on Monday because the back fat was a bit too obvious
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!