What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• callmemaui
    callmemaui Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just today, two coworkers told me they noticed I was losing weight. It's only been 8lbs and already noticing...small victories.
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    * I wore a size L top to the gym instead of something I was swimming in (hiding in).
    * I am fairly sure i am down a full size in pants.. but I don't have any jeans in that size yet.
    * I hit PRs in nearly every lift I did in the gym yesterday and focused hard on the muscle group I was aiming to train.
    * I haven't quit.
  • callmemaui
    callmemaui Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    oh yes, and I can't wear my husband's belt anymore because I've reached the last hole. Maybe I can find one in the regular sizes now.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of shorts that I bought 3 weeks ago and my wife said they were already too baggy, then realized they weren't the ones I bought, they were a pair of my 16 year old son's shorts and he plays soccer all year and is about 6% bf. They were actually 2 inches smaller than mine. I haven't worn 32 inch waist since my wrestling days in college but I can now and they are a little baggy.
  • mthompsontx
    Options
    1. No longer invisible to women I don't know at work
    2. Wearing XL shirt, was wearing 3XL when I started
    3. Size 38 pants, was in size 46 at the start
    4. My shoes fit better
    5. Booths at restaurants are now an option
    6. Two new belts since last Thanksgiving because they were too big
    7. Walked up to my brother in law last weekend and he did not recognize me immediately
    8. I crave salad for lunch
    9. Getting into and out of my boat is much easier
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Bought and fit into clothing that are a size smaller (last friday)
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    A pair of pants that I was so happy to finally fit into about a month ago are now too big!
  • AmyJoShanks
    AmyJoShanks Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Zippered my bridesmaid dress all the way up without tugging or sucking in! YAY
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1. this 34 year old hit on me at Target
    2. my mom said oh you have lost weight. I was wearing a tank top and boxer shorts.
    3. some of my summer clothes are getting to big
    4. a friend/customer at work...didn't recognize me. She said between the tan and the weight loss I was not sure if that was you.
    5. I walked 12 blocks in 99 degree heat and thought nothing of it.

what are yours????

I was able to give blood for the first time in years. I have been anemic almost my whole life and was finally able to hit the iron levels required to donate blood. I've been eating a hearty salad almost every day for the past 6 months. I was thrilled to see my anemia under control.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I bought a size large shirt without even thinking of maybe grabbing the extra large to try on. it fits awesome.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    1. No longer invisible to women I don't know at work
    2. Wearing XL shirt, was wearing 3XL when I started
    3. Size 38 pants, was in size 46 at the start
    4. My shoes fit better
    5. Booths at restaurants are now an option
    6. Two new belts since last Thanksgiving because they were too big
    7. Walked up to my brother in law last weekend and he did not recognize me immediately
    8. I crave salad for lunch
    9. Getting into and out of my boat is much easier

I crave salad too! It's funny I used to crave tater tots, lol!
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had three :)
    1. My doctor took me off the High Blood pressure meds
    2. I am fitting into my hidden in the back of the closet bucket full of clothes.
    3. I lost 1 inch of my waist and 1 off my hips!
    I'm doing a happy dance today

Not to diminish anyone's successes, but the getting off the BP meds is the best one I've seen this week. Way to go!!!
  • DanaeMonique
    DanaeMonique Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My size 11 ity bity shorts from 6 years ago fit way better, a little more to go and I will be good to wear them!
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1. this week I set the standard activity ony my pedometer from "walking" to "jogging"
    2. just finished my first 5k and it wasn't even planned.
    3. MFP corrected down my suggested caloric intake from 1340 to 1220 per day and I did neither starve nor overate
    4. Wore a blouse today I thought it will only be fitting 2 or 3 month from now an all buttons stayed on instead of bursting off
    5. I was in Zumba Class and was able to follow the steps as intended

It was a good week!
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My husband walked in the room with a friggin plate full of french fries (after I maxxed my cals for the day) and I did not have even a nibble. =D
  • Tashie_bailiff
    Options
    1. My scrubs are getting a tad loose, especially in the legs.
    2. I went 50 mins on my elliptical.
    3. I made cupcakes for my husbands birthday and only ate one. And I didn't eat one to "test", I had my brother-in-law do it.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I went shopping, and had an array of pant sizes in my cart. I started at the biggest, and ended up fitting into the smallest! That is three pant sizes! I never thought that I would get into 6s! I doubt I will drop another size because I have big hips and I'm 5'9.

I cooked lots of chicken, pork, and mixed veggies (carrots and zucchini) to freeze. This helps me do super quick and healthy dinners and lunches. I also reduced my grocery bill quite a bit by shopping sales and being more cognizant of prices.

I benched triple digits!

I was able to do one unassisted chin-up!
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I was much more comfortable this summer's 90 F/high humidity heat wave than last year.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My PCP/GP was really proud of my loss in the last year; his nurse had a million questions on how I was doing it. I even brought along my printed logs for the last couple weeks and he gave it a thumbs up.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Started to see my collar bones more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!