WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2013

Options

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Michele:smile: So glad to hear the wedding was "nice"! Sorry Vince ended up in the hospital, not a fun place to be on vacation:cry: , Hope he recovers quickly and you`re on to Paris in a short time:flowerforyou: !!!

Grandmallie:smile: Hope the prednisone helps with the heel pain:flowerforyou:

New washer and dryer look marvelous in my laundry room:love: , I did one load of sheets yesterday afternoon and they were sparkly clean when done. Who knew I would want to do laundry:tongue: .

My granddaughter:heart: , the 12 yr. old will be here in about an hour, she`s spending the night. I have planned a surprise pedicure for both of us, then we`ll shop a bit and home for her to drive the golf cart around the rest of the afternoon:bigsmile: ! Tomorrow my youngest granddaughter joins us, she`s 6 and full of energy, I`m sure she`ll want to shop for a bit too. I probably won`t post for the next two days. By Sunday I`m sure I`ll need a little vacation of my own:laugh: . One thing is certain, I`ll get lots of exercise in, neither of the girls sit very much!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in steamy, yet sunny NC:glasses:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    I slmost forgot to shre my NSV. While we were driving rom NC to VA to come over, Vince asked if I'd packed some pants. Unfortuntely, I didn't since I saw that the temp in Madrid was in the 90's. I really didn't feel like going to uy new pnts, so I thought "Jessica fits into my pants, mybe I'll fit into hers."

Most of her pants are straight leg and I can't wear those, so they were immediately eliminated. However, she had two pairs of bootcut One was a 7/8 which fit well. The other was a 5/6. They fit!!! Admitted, I probably wouldn't have bought them on my own, but I didn't have to lay down on the bed to zip them up.

I boxed up some of our things, things that we won't need for 2 or 3 weeks. like the books oon Spain and France, the dress I wore to the wedding, things like that. Vince will probably be weak some from being in the hospital, so I tried to make our bags as light as possible. Bet and I will take them to the post office and then go to the hospital. On the waay home, we need to take two uses and the first stop right in front of a grocery store. I'll probably stop in and get some Swiss chocolate for the lady who is cat sitting. She is going to come on Moday just to give Loki his med. I think we land around 3 our time but y the time we get thru customs, etc and then drive home, we probably won't get to NC until around 12. So for now, our plans are just playing it by ear.

Michele from NC now in Switzerland
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just a quick note to share a BIG NSV. First of all, I wasn't sure I wanted to get up at 5:45 on my day off to exercise and hit the snooze when it went off....BUT I DID get up. When I got downstairs, every window was fogged up from the extreme heat and humidity so I turned on the news. It was alrready in the 80's with a heat index approaching 90. Today's temperature is going to be around 98 degrees with a heat index well over 100 degrees. Should I still run? Should I call it a day? Well, I went anyway. I was completely sweaty when I got back, but the feeling of accomplishment made it all worth while. I DID IT!!! I feel GREAT!!!! Now, off to the beach as my reward.:glasses:

:heart: Michele - So happy to hear from you. You are truly missed, and we have all been thinking about you and hoping everything went well. Enjoy your time there, and keeping Vince in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Hugs,
    Lucy in DE.:bigsmile:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,782 Member
    Options
    unusual for me to be posting at this time of day,
    Went to work this morning, walked in to NO POWER. then everyone else started to show up,well all having to do with the landlady..
    her DH , my late boss passed away 5 1/2 yrs ago, and somehow the account was in his and his wifes name. well they shut the power off and locked the meter,until the landlady straightens it out.could be sometime monday:noway:
    But hey here I am with a day off WITH PAY...
    so, going to take Chester to get staples out, then to the refuse station and then come home and and just mow the crabgrass. supposed to be 100 today in the shade..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,324 Member
    Options
    Hello all and a special welcome back to Michele:flowerforyou: We've missed you!

Just been out to buy some trousers for DH. He didn't have any formal summer trousers for the funeral, so we've bought a very smart Italian pair in dark navy cotton/linen. He has a navy linen jacket so it should be fine. Funerals over here tend not to be as formal as they used to be and black is not essential. For my mother's funeral we requested everyone in bright colours as my mother was a very theatrical person and a lover of bright colours. My brother wore a Hawiian shirt! I have a black, flowery summer dress from the last time I was slim and a lovely black and silver glass necklace I bought from Murano in Venice. My new black wedges will do nicely. It is going to be boiling! I bought a pack of mini pretzels while we were out as the funeral is at 12.30 and I will be fainting away by the time we get to the food. I will also take my box of nuts and a bottle of water.
    I also bought an aubergine (egg plant) as I want to try the recipe on skinnytaste.com for the baked strips. They are tossed in breadcrumbs and parmesan and roasted. I will let you know how they go tomorrow. Tonight we are having Jerk Chicken. Normally I put the jerk seasoning on the outside of the skin and then don't eat the skin because of the calories!:noway: So this time I removed the skin, put on the paste, and put the skin back over the top to keep it moist.
    Yesterday I boiled the orange for the Whole Orange Cake. You boil it for an hour then whizz it up in a processor before adding it to the ground almonds, flour etc. I am making it when I have finished posting. It really is delicious, but needs to be kept after baking for a day or two to be at its best, so DH bought two of his favourite custard tarts to have with his tea. I will have a 150 calorie wrap with PB2!!!:huh: :ohwell: :tongue:

Michele - so good to hear from you again and congrats on getting in to your daughter's pants! What a terrible shame about Vince; he must be really p××××d off. I often have some health emergency on holiday, which doesn't worry me, but scares DH witless! And I won't even tell you what happened on the Underground station when I got home from India!:noway: :noway: :noway: Arrgh!
    At least your daughters enjoyed Paris ! !

Well must get off to bake a cake.:tongue:

Love to everyone, my Vit F friends.
    Heather from HOT, HOT, HOT, Hampshire UK :grumble:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: It is good to hear from you, but I’m very sorry that Vince is having such a bad time and is in the hospital. :flowerforyou: The bright spot is that the swelling is going down. Congratulations on the pants NSV! Wow and double wow. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I hope your trip home goes smoothly. Enjoy the chocolate. I’m sure it will make a great gift.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: The pedicure is genius. :bigsmile: It will likely be a memorable occasion for both you and DGD. I'm glad you're enjoying your new laundry equipment.:flowerforyou:

Lucy: Congrats on your exercise NSV. Hanging tough and doing the exercise despite the weather is a real accomplishment. :flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: Congrats on the unexpected vacation day. Enjoy. I hope you're feeling better. Bone spurs are not fun. :noway: I had one ground off of a toe. The surgery was not bad and not painful. It was done in the doctor's office. Healing seemed a bit slow because I had to keep using the foot, but it all turned out very well. I hope your heel improves dramatically. I wouldn't hesitate to have surgery to remove a bone spur if needed because my own experience was positive. Stay off treadmills! :devil: Elliptical trainers are a healthier choice. (IMHO):wink:

We’ve been planning to spend a couple of nights at DS and DDIL’s new home in Washington, but my husband is too sick to go. He is encouraging me to go anyway, and I’m not sure what to do about it. I might be persuaded to go for one night, but not two. DH is not able to drive any more and would be effectively stranded without me. I’ll call DS and discuss the matter a little later in the morning. I’m an early riser, and I doubt a call before 8 am would be appreciated. If my phone rang this early, I’d be in a near panic and imagining a horrible emergency.

Good wishes for everybody. I hope you’re able to stay cool enough for health and comfort.:glasses: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

July goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I got my tablet woohoo. They called last night to say it was in..shocking :noway: So I spent a bit of time last night setting it up, now I just need to set up the wi-fi at work so I can access the internet on it :happy:

Jfenner – thanks for the recipe for the blueberry crisp, I’m going to have to try it

Robin – I’m jealous of your weather, I would love it. Glad to hear that you are working for a better person and that you are happier there.

Lucy – oh my goodness that peppermint bark is so delicious, unfortunately I can’t have any chocolate as it causes instant migraines. I guess it’s better for the weight loss too :laugh: I hope you have a great time with your DD & DGD. I think any type of parents lose their appeal to teenagers. I agree doing my workouts in the morning would be better but when that alarm goes off I just have such a hard time dragging myself out of bed. I’m hoping it will get easier when/if I can sleep better.

Terri – that’s too funny about your DH’s phone ringtone.

Katla – wow those elephant ears sound delish.

Meg – cherry chipotle bbq sauce? Yummy. Have you used it before? What willpower you have, I’m not sure I could just eat ½ of the ice cream bar.

Barbie - that’s it, I’m moving lol I am truly not a good Canadian in that I hate our winters and this year our summer :laugh:

DeeDee – congrats on the new washer & dryer. I hope you have a great time with your DGDs.

Michele - glad to hear that the wedding is done now. I'm so sorry to hear about Vince, what a horrible thing to happen while you are away. I hope he's on the mend and back to himself again soon.

With the weather being so hot and humid it's causing migraines. We are supposed to get severe thunderstorms tonight and with them bring cooler temps. I hope so or I won't be going far from home this weekend. TGIF!! My office is 30 C and that's with the ac unit being on for just over 3 hours.

Stay cool everyone

:heart: Sandy from Ontario
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well , im back inside in the AC. right now it is 97 and will be going higher, there is all sorts of stuff heat related in the NorthEast, even the rail system is having to go slower,they are worried about the tracks heating up and warping causing derailment:noway:
    Chester's staples are out and he healed well.the crabgrass is mowed:laugh: and stopped at the refuse station with the recyclables.
    So my work is done for right now.. think I will get the ice out and Ice the heel, and take my second dose of prednisone...
    and chillax for the afternoon
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF~~another humid-hot day-was 86 at 8 am.
    Heat index over 100.
    Violet is over trying to think of something to do.
    Micelle,so sorry about Vince.
    Have a good day all.
    HUGS
    jane
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Michele so nice to hear from you, sorry that your DH is not well but he's in good hands with you watching out for him, take
    care and safe journey home.

Wishing all who are not feeling well better days ahead, hopefully this heat will break and we can all get back to a normal routine.

Congrats to all the great losses and nsv's that have been happening always nice when hard work pays off.
    Welcome to the new Ladies,great place to visit and share.

Have a great weekend everyone
    Juanita in sudbury
  • janie12835
    janie12835 Posts: 75
    Options
    Didn't go to gym last night :-( Nephew called as I was going out the door to talk workouts, successes, etc. By the time we were done, the gym window in my head closed. Then I ate a sweet and salty granola bar - rats! I knew on some level I shouldn't get them till DH was home. At least I still stayed under calories for the day, but really do need to do those evening workouts. Tonight I must!

Sending supportive and good thoughts to you all, especially all of you who are melting - truly TGIF!

Barbie - how do you make your animations work? Am I just brain dead - I've got the link for the graphic I want, can you point me in the right direction?
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well i dont know how to count anymore anyhow!!!!
    my pedometer say 10,000 steps, even in this heat and the fitbit only counts 7700.. what shall I do? guess I will wait till later to count ..
    Meg got a chuckle because there isnt any way to count calories shoveling topsoil, so I used shoveling snow instead :bigsmile:
    believe me it is just as heavy.. anyway I did just a bit because of the heat.. I have a heat headache now, and believe you me I am sucking down the water...
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ladies!

Checking in again. Temperature today is 102 degrees! For New England, that is very rare thankfully! It truly feels like someone is trying to smother you with a pillow when you have to venture outside. Storms due tomorrow, and cooler weather moving in finally...

Back from the doctor. They took chest x-ray to try and figure out where this discomfort is coming from. Gall bladder okay according to ultrasound. Next step-seeing a gastro, fun...

Michele-so sorry about Vince. Hoping the rest of trip is uneventful, and that you can squeeze some fun in...

My food has been going pretty well. The heat makes me not want to eat as much. Geez, maybe it SHOULD stay sizzling hot!

Hoping everyone has a nice weekend.

Critter Sue:wink:
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    OK Ladies, I am going to make a valiant attempt to catch up. I’ve been really busy with work this week, but did manage to meet the goals I set this month (so far).

I survived the dentist visit, although I was 2.5 hours in the chair of doom getting the plaque removed. But, all things considered, not too bad. Next week they are making a mold of my teeth, cause I need “some work”. Ugh. When I got home from the dentist, I had guest from this group waiting for me and we went for a nice walk and chat. Hope she comes back again (hint, hint)!

I also have been going to the gym every other day, so that makes my 3X a week goal. I had a reassessment from the trainer there and ended up with more resistance machines at higher weights. It definitely was a challenge today, my first day on the new plan.

Garden advice needed: I am growing some Kirby cucumbers, but instead of the cukes growing length-wise, they are growing in ball shapes. What is up with that?

It is hot as all get out here, I had to give the chickens ice water to help them cool down. Still doing my walks down the lane though. Seems like I am holding in a lot of water, cause I am drinking like a fish but not peeing like a racehorse. Heh.

Grandmalie: you earned the chillaxing, enjoy! Nice that you got an unexpected day off too, what a bonus!
    Sandy, enjoy your new tablet!

Heather: the aubergine recipe sounds great, please update on how it works out!

Lucy: WTG on getting your run in! I can’t run, but I walk and I just do it every morning, even in the heat. Get er done! Hope you had a great time at the beach! I prefer to sit in front of an air conditioner!  Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark… YUM!

Michele from NC,: congrats on the NSV and fitting into those pants! Sorry to hear about the hospitalization, but the good thing is that you’re in a country with great medical resources.

DeeDee: sounds like you’re having fun with your new appliances! Enjoy the pedicure!

Kathy: Ice has helped my knee a lot, hope it works on your back! Congrats on your VP appointment and well done on your ticker honesty.

Joyce: those monster ears sound yummy. Sometimes I just hang out in the bakery area at Costco and inhale the sugar air.

Meg: great control saving half the ice cream bar!

Katla: the weekly concert night sounds so great! What a nice time! Have fun on your weekend visit.

Terri: that cell phone ring bird sounds fun! What kind of garden to you have that you don’t have to bend down? I can’t bend down because of my knee. I currently have window boxes attached to the railing of my deck and I’m getting some good vegetables and herbs, for the most part. The tomatoes have been great.

Critter Sue: I seem to be eating less too, at least there is some benefit from all this oppressive heat! Hope you get a diagnosis soon so you can start to mend.

Back to work,
    Kat in Maryland
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies, sorry that I have been MIA, we had the grandchildren here last week, and it was chaos. The little one is in the terrible two's and he was a total brat. Our daughter would argue with him. I would have lit his butt on fire. I went into my exercise room(he was sleeping in there), and he told me. " to get out of his room, he sleeps in here" . Yeah I didn't think it was cute.:noway: He told DH to. "Get your hands off me", in Walmart when he wanted to run through the store. I sure hope he grows out of that.

After they left, I got really sick and have been throwing up in the morning and not eating A whole lot during the day because my stomach is still sensitive. I still have to eat because I'm a diabetic and you've got to eat something or else you're in trouble. my sugar is all out of whack and I lost 8.5 pounds in 2 days, not a good thing.

Michele- I'm glad the wedding went ok, and you did travel a little. I hope Vince is feeling better.

Well, I'm worn out and I'm going to lay down.

Tigress in GA
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    There is no way I can keep up lately! However, I am back in my own house, not house-sitting for my BFF, so I might get back on some type of schedule. It is going to be awesome to sleep in my own bed tonight! My poor cat is very glad to be home; he just is not a social kitty. He likes being alone!

I have not been eating well, and I am probably up a couple of pounds. I am not going to weigh until the regular time on Tuesday morning because I do not want to start obsessing over the scale. I am back where I can get to the pool and rec center, so I will just pick up where I left off and NOT to the beat-myself-up-for-being-a-lazy-sloth, etc routine. Just don't need to or want to go there.

Joyce- Congratulations on re-entering Onederland!

Grannybitbit- I love the name! Welcome!

Grandmallie- He will love the palm trees, but start trimming the trunks when they are small so you can keep up with it as they grow. The people who planted the huge palm that is in my yard never trimmed the trunk. Now it is really ugly, but it would cost about $1,200. to get it done! Needless to say, it is just going to stay ugly.
    Take care of those poor feet! I had to have my heel and Achilles tendon repaired because of arthritis damage. The surgery isn't fun, recovery isn't fun, but, when it is healed, oh, it feels good!

Barbie- Just got the estimate for the yard/tree work today. It will be $250. It will look great when Carlos is done, but I will sob while writing the check!

Lila- Thanks for posting the Summer Pops recipe, it looks delish!

City Jane- What is mange tout?

Lucy- Thank you, and you are right, I do need to put my big girl panties on and get busy!

Michele- Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your hubby is in the hospital! Sending healing thoughts and prayers. I think you are right in believing that if it had to happen, Switzerland is better than other places. Take care, be well, don't worry about the food, just take care!
    Congratulations on the NSV! Wearing your daughter's pants must be awesome!

So, I spent today cleaning up my house (I can't believe how much dust settled w/ no one here!) I am going out back to mow the little lawn, and then I might get a little walk in, if the rains don't hit.

Take care, have a great Friday evening, be well, Everyone!

Pat
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This has been a very unusual day for me. After line dance we went to the lavender festival and ate food I never usually eat…….I had a giant crepe full of yummy things including artichokes and cheese and two ice cream cones (both waffle cones)---one lavender dark chocolate chip, the other lavender white chocolate……yum yum. The last time I had ice cream was at the Lavender Festival last year. We walked to and from the parking area instead of taking the shuttle bus but I don’t think that burned nearly enough calories.

:flowerforyou: Janie, on glitter graphics when you click on the graphic you like there are two codes…….copy and paste the BB code on your MFP post and when you click on “reply” it should show up

:flowerforyou: Finished my squats and plank for the challenge and will take the dogs for their last walk of the day and then off to bed. I have to walk the dogs really early tomorrow morning before the activity starts for the neighborhood garage sale.

:heart: Barbie from warm and sunny NW Washington (one of the few places in North America with temps under 80 degrees F).

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My son will be married on May 3, 2014, to a woman that I will be proud to call my daughter. So, I have 26 pounds and bat wings to lose in the next 9-1/2 months. Any ideas for loose hanging skin on upper arms? I have been journaling in MFP for the last 6 days and exercising. Surprisingly, I didn't snap back to exercising as quickly as I would like.=) I have been walking but it is HOT. Yesterday, I went to the YMCA pool to do water aerobics. The water felt refreshing. My son who introduced me to MFP has around 20 pounds to lose before May. Today, we decided to text each other at night - our calorie intake and exercise for the day. Exercising maybe harder for him because he is in Texas and drives everywhere. Conversely, I am in NYC and walk everywhere. He definitely has the better, younger metabolism. We are not competing just want healthier bodies. Also, being more svelte for a very special occasion helps with our goals. Anyway, it is good to be writing you. I wish everyone a successful food and exercise weekend!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    svelte :flowerforyou: sounds wonderful that you have such a relationship with your son. If you find a way of getting rid of the bat wings we would all love to see it:bigsmile: But that amount to loose in that time is doable. Just keep at it and as you lose more your activity tolerance will greatly improve.

We went to cracker Barrel tonight. The meatloaf is workable in my calories. When I told her what sides I wanted I asked her if I was to order 2 or 3. She said I could have either. So I just ordered 2. When my meal came out the slice of meatloaf was smaller but when the check came out the price was lower than expected. And my meatloaf was listed as lunch portion. But I can't find out on their web site what the difference between the lunch portion and dinner. I am glad to know though that I can order a smaller piece of meat. and it was only $5.99

Joyce, Indiana
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, I am up to date with reading the posts. Time just gets away from me. But a real stressful week at work. On Tuesday some company working down the street drilled thru the cable for the hospital. We lost all our phones and internet. Which met no one could call into or out of the hospital. Also all our alarms were down and we could not page. It took them 12 hours to get the phones working and still having problems with the internet. I have worked there almost 26 years so I remember before we had computers. These young nurses have no idea and panic when things go down. Becuase I work in the communication center we had areal mess. But we made it and now I have to destress. My BS have been up the last couple days and know it is because of the stress. I work this weekend and things should be better, today we still were having some issues with faxing, hoping they got the fixed after I left. Yesterday DH and had the day off. So we and a freind took off on the motorcycles and rode. Ended up going over 200 miles. Was nice when we were moving, but pretty warm when we stopped. But it was a good day. I had a NSV as I bought myself a new outfit and it is 2 sizes smaller then I had been buying. My DS said it was about time.
    Meg- Congrates on the loss. Every NSV counts. My GD goes to that school. She will be in the 7th grade this year(I think) she is 13.
    Welcome to all the new people. Looking forward to getting to know each of you.
    Katla- We had alot of issues with direct TV. Your elephant ears makes me think of funnel cakes. I love to go to the fair just to have one. So far this year I have not given in, but the State Fair is here next month.
    Joyce- Congrates on being under 200 and the lost inches. I was so excited last month when I got under 300, been alot of years since I could say that.
    DeeDee- Must be the month to replace washers. Our went last week. DH does the laundry and then he brings it up and I fold and put it away. So I did not realize there was a problem till he told me it quit and would not start again. Seems there is only something.
    grannybitit- I find logging my food helps me the most. I have not been putting my exercise on as then I think I should eat those calories back and then ended up going over.
    Heather- your garden and birds sound wonderful. We have bird that like to make nests in the gutter on my front porch. I don't mind most the time, but this year they have been leaving me presents on my swing. Can't have that. They are to be replacing my porch roof soon and want them to seal it so they can not get up there. We have an old frame work on the side of the house for an old TV pole. They have made nest there before.
    Jane- Happy 20th Anniversary, That is something to proud of. When we had our 25th our oldest DS and DDIL gave us an open house at our church. it was sure nice.
    grandmallie- Heel spurs are nasty. I have bone spurs on my knees and somedays they are really hurt. Sounds like a great buy at WalMalmart. That is where I got my new outfit and they were on sale, but not as good as yours. Hope you enjoied you day off with pay when the power was out. I wish they would of sent us home when the cable got cut, but made just alot more work. And it never fails the next day after the phones were back on, alot of people felt the need to tell me that they had tried calling the day before and all they got was an busy signal.
    Lucy- Great NSV enjoy. I know what you mean about when GC get older they out grow us grand parents. I take all the time I can get with younger ones hoping they will have good memories, I remember going to my grand parents and how safe and loved I felt.
    Micheel-OMG I hope Vince is better and you make it home. Been thinking of you and praying all would go well with the wedding.
    Kathy- Congrates on being apointed VP of your neighborhood Assn. Enjoy! When I was elected secretary of our CMA group last Nov I was so scared. The monthly newsletter I have to put out scared me the most. But I just do the best I can and DH gets it emailed out. I thank God for DH everyday.
    Tigress- Hope you feel better soon. I have acouple GS that behave that way. I get so upset at DD as she will just space off and let everyone try and calm them down. I admit it makes me not want to spend alot of time with them. then DD wounders why they have problems at school. All I can do is pray for them.
    Well best think about getting to bed. 4:30 seems to come earlyLOL. thanks everyone for all your support and advice. I love it.
    Blessed! Vickil in HOT HOT NE