What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Had to go to the doctor for blood work. I asked to be weighed. The doctor's scale was a little more than 6 lbs under what my scale reads. I'm still going by my scale for accuracy, but it put me teasingly close to my one year goal. I got emotional because I'm still going in the right direction, even though I felt like I'd plateaued for most of this month.
  • abbyrmichel
    Options
    The first person noticed I had lost weight without me having to ask :) And it was my best friends high school brother! Yay!
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    put on my tight jeans that I wear around the house to remind myself not to eat--and they were too loose and baggy--hubby said they looked all saggy.

put on capris that were SOOOO tight last year that I couldn't ride a mechanical bull in them--again--loose and saggy.

FINALLY am in the NORMAL BMI category--by the skin of my teeth--but I am there, and am 1.43% away from being classed as FIT in body fat %.

Go me!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Sat in the wifes Toyota pickup and was able to buckle the seatbelt without leaving the door open to have enough space.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Moved the car seat up a notch. Have owned the car for nearly 5 years, never did that before!
  • SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I switched to a smaller bra size, yesterday. Yay! (Now to decide what to do with the "old" ones --that aren't very old at all... Wish I knew someone who needed them.)
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Got a page of coupons for Jets Pizza (best pizza in the world!) when I got home from class a few days ago and instead of ordering some then and there like I wanted to, tossed it in the recycling bin and made dinner myself.

Walked past the box of donuts at the IT desk this afternoon without taking a single one (donuts are my one greatest downfall...I never manage to say no).

Felt totally confident yesterday wearing a hip- and *kitten*-hugging dress that made me feel super self-conscious last year.

Said "no" to a second dinner last night. :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Figured out that the line of stubble on my side of my shins is because the razor won't lay flat on the front of my leg because of the valley that goes all the way up my leg between bone and muscle (no fat in between to cushion). he heh.

I cannot tell you how many times in the past couple weeks I've wondered how I did such a horrible job shaving my legs and missed entire spots. It didn't occur to me that the contour of my legs has changed. My legs still aren't skinny but I've built a lot of muscle.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I opened the door to the stairway, startling the woman on the other side of the door as she reached for the handle. A second woman was just reaching the top of the stairway coming from the floor below. Woman #1 looked at Woman #2 (stair-climber) and said “Good for you, climbing the stairs!” “Yeah I’m trying to climb them more often,” said woman #2, “because I want to look like her!” (as she pointed at me!)

Woot!
  • kzakian
    kzakian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Went out to eat at a restaurant last night unprepared for the first time since I started logging. I chose something I thought would be lower in calories, and when I got home I checked it and logged it - it was the lowest calorie item on the menu! Yay for becoming more aware of calories and realizing I still can go out to eat without sabotaging myself!
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    1. I made it an entire week eating a vegetarian diet - challenging myself to do 8 weeks and this was week one. I feel more energetic and less sluggish so it's working for me so far.

2. I walked on the treadmill at the gym everyday this week for 15 min and did not feel sore or achy from it. Managed to go swimming afterwards as well for an hour. (Back in March when I tried the treadmill I couldn't do 5 min without hurting all over so hadn't tried it again til this past week).

3. When I stand up straight and look down I can see my toes - can't wait til I can see my whole foot!

4. The pants I bought three weeks ago are starting to slide.

And the one that I liked the best

5. My doctor is so impressed with my progress she is going to try eating clean herself. (I had lost almost 30 pounds between doctor visits in three months). Doctor said she is quitting sugar, processed foods and going to just eat fruits, veggies, lean meats and whole grains. I see her again on Tuesday for my blood test results so I'll find out how she's doing then.
    I am just flattered that she is looking at me as a role model for healthy eating.
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A fellow bootcamper was stunned I am 43, she said "I want your genes":).

Two of my instructors approached me about doing figure competitions; they thought I would do well. Not my style, but loved the compliment.

Two different men at different times mistook me for a 28 year old GORGEOUS body building figure model I work with.

And my favorite: My 10 year son went to bootcamp with me tonight:). He is so supportive.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Another pair of jeans is way to large to wear. :D

Had the same thing happen:D.
  • Kiki1127
    Kiki1127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fit in and wore my "skinny" Size 18 jeans today that I bought before I had my son and only was able to wear a short time. He turns 3 a week from today. I can't wait until these become my "fat" jeans!
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This week I finished week 3 of the Couch to 5K running program and was able to run in 3 minute increments faster than I have in a very long time. So excited for next week!
  • kbunn06
    kbunn06 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've experienced several exciting NSV's this week!

1. I can fit into my size 16 "skinny" jeans comfortably again! I dropped from a size 20!
    2. My scrubs are too big! A coworker told me I looked homeless today (in a joking complimentary way) because my scrubs were hanging so loose.
    3. I "ran' 7 miles straight on the elliptical at the gym 2 days ago! and I had my highest calorie burn! 1080! It was amazing!
    4. I had a woman at the gym tell me that i actually inspired her to push herself harder. She made it past 15 minutes on the elliptical for the first time ever. She pushed herself to burn 200 calories. When she got that far, she realized she was at 1.8 miles and decided to then push herself to 2 miles! She did awesome and made me feel awesome also for inspiring her.
    5. I didn't lose a pound last week for the first time since I started this journey on May 1st. I was slightly discouraged but I pushed through and did not SABOTAGE myself!
    6. I had the guts to actually post a response on a message board for the first time in hopes of encouraging other people! That's a big step for me!

Congrats to everyone else. I read every one of these stories. Yall are all inspiring!
  • skeeds
    skeeds Posts: 33
    Options
    My roommate offered me onion rings yesterday and I ate one. That's right, just one. I mean, we're talking about ONION RINGS here people.

I'm a superhero.
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I went into the doctor's thinking I was sick, and when they weighed me, I weighed less.

Come to find out too, I'm not sick, I'm pregnant.

Congrats on the soon to be baby
  • heatherbrosigyaskow
    heatherbrosigyaskow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Went to put my scrubs on for work tonight (bought four weeks ago) and they won't stay up. The girls at work haven't complained yet about seeing my underwear every time I bend over. Sorry NOT!!!!!
  • heatherbrosigyaskow
    heatherbrosigyaskow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!