Open or Closed Diary?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    A lot of people keep them closed because people can be very judgmental. Personally I could give a rats *kitten* so mine has always been open...I'm not logging anything right now though...which i'm sure might give some of my friends heart burn because they couldn't imagine such a thing, even at maintenance (where I'm at).
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Closed because I can't tell you how many contacted me about it. I don't care, for now my way of eating work for me.
  • sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i keep mine open....its kinda an accountability thing for me...if pple can read my diary i dont want it to show that im over a huge amount of calories!....i have had a couple cheat days that i didnt log but other than that im pretty good at logging daily :)
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. It makes me feel a teensy bit accountable (really, how often does someone know every bite of everything you put in your mouth? Not even my husband knows all that) and really, I have no shame. I'm human, I know I'm not perfect, and I'm pretty sure everyone else knows I'm not perfect, so no surprises there.

I mostly like the open diaries for food ideas. Lots of people come up with great things to eat I've never heard of!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Open to friends only.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have mine totally closed. I am the mom of 3 boys and am a wife. I have zero privacy. I can't even use the toilet or shower without someone wanting to get in. Closing my diary is my only shred of privacy.
  • yinxuehui1983
    yinxuehui1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open only to friends. Let's be honest: we are all here to lose weight. The way I feel about it is that if I am comfortable with what I am eating then I don't have to hide it from other ppl. We are all human, we are not perfect all the time. There will be times when we eat more calories than we should but it's alright. As long as I'm comfortable with what I'm eating and dont care about what other people think of your food diary I'm alright. I do like to look at other diaries to get meal ideas or try new foods I haven't thought of.
  • AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    I keep mine closed. I do log everything, and I stay very accountable to myself just by logging. I think I keep mine closed because I'm a VERY private person anyway, and I don't want to hear it from anyone when I eat something they don't think is healthy, or I'm eating the exact same thing 3 days in a row. There are times when I don't have the money to keep really healthy food around, so all I can do is be sure I'm not overeating and do the best I can. I have contemplated opening mine up, especially since I have seen that others out there eat much like I do, so maybe it isn't so weird....I don't know.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Open because I don't care what random internet strangers think of what I eat.

This ^^^ :laugh:

^^This. I've managed to lose 60 a few years ago eating pretty much like I'm eating now. it works for me and that's what's the most important.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Open although half the time I don't click complete cause I pre-log the night before and don't need the "wtg's!". It's nice and all, but kinda redundant these days :p
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I used to keep mine closed but I've gotten some awesome new ideas from other people's open diaries so I want to (hopefully) return the favor. My friends are probably about 50/50 split as far as public diaries go... no biggie. I didn't friend them for their diary settings :p
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed because I like my friends and I'd like to keep them. I have gone through a long drawn out vetting process.
    I am my own worst critic anyway.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed because I like my friends and I'd like to keep them. I have gone through a long drawn out vetting process.
    I am my own worst critic anyway.

Why would you be unfriended for your diary?
  • BlondeVictoria
    Options
    Open to Friends because if someone wants to read it then they can add me :smile:
  • faithdanyell
    faithdanyell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I keep mines open to friends, I will take positive feedback, but at the end of the day it's not that serious.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Mines is open. Never had any problems, but that's because I'm a boss.
  • mlfrailing
    mlfrailing Posts: 79
    Options
    Wide open for all to see. It keeps me honest
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed because I know when I eat well and when I don't.I dont really need anyone telling me that. Also,nobody needs to see the day where I binged on nothing but cheese nips,beer and ice cream....talk about horrifying lol.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've been on both sides of it. Closed because of the feeling of judgement whether it be from worrying about it or whether it's actually there. In the end, I like what I eat and am eating the way I am for a reason. No real benefit in keeping it open.
  • iwantodance
    iwantodance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have my diary open for friends. I don't have a lot of friends because I like to keep track of them all and encourage them individually. I don't "collect" friends for the sake of a big friends list. I have them for encouragement and, well, friendship.

I like looking at other diaries to get good ideas. I got a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust the other day because I asked somebody about it when I saw it in their diary. It looks good. I haven't tried it yet because it's been too hot to bake in my kitchen, but I will, eventually. I'll get hungry for pizza soon enough.

I have my good days and some not so good days. Nobody has been judgmental, yet. I don't claim to eat "clean" and I don't claim to want to eat "clean". I think that most things are okay in moderation. Except coffee. I drink way too much coffee!