What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• aharburger
    aharburger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Before starting with MFP the most modified push ups i could do at once was 7. Two days ago I did 20 at a time for a total of 60 and today I managed 25 per set!
    The slacks I got from my sister's closet at the beginning of the summer (because I could no longer fit into mine) are now loose on me!
    Also, I wouldn't call it a victory, but I dropped a bra size. I guess inches are inches!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Kept on exercising on my elliptical even when my poor old arthritic knee was filled with fluid and I had to use a walker to get around the house.
  • jxspxr
    jxspxr Posts: 150
    Options

4 - I quit smoking this week. I fell back, but because I am losing weight and exercising now, I decided that smoking does not fit my life - you might say it makes me less fit ;).

Best V ever!

Thanks vic! :D
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    bump to reply later
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 13 lbs. so far, and I don't see any changes. That's ok because I wasn't expecting any until at LEAST 30 lbs. But, my truck noticed the loss. I have an Expedition and, when I start it, the seat is supposed to go forward to where I set it. When I turn the vehicle off the seat is supposed to move back several inches to allow easier access. It hasn't moved in about 2 years. I figured it was broken. My daughter said it always moves for her :grumble: Today, it moved for me. :happy: Every time I started and stopped it. I know it's a little thing but, I'll take every little positive thing I can get.
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I totally resisted some free pizza at work. *Flex*

Free anything at work is hard to pass up - especially when you have a tight budget!!! Great job!
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 inch off my midsection and 1 inch off the love handles area....no wonder why my dress pant look baggy.
  • mustang6411
    Options
    that is awesome!!
  • mustang6411
    Options
    lol
  • mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the milestones!!! Good for you!!!!!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Looked at my legs and realised that I have defined ankles, pointed it out to hubby and he said "oh wow! You don't have cankles anymore!!" Yeah, thanks for that! lmao!! Seriously though, that's a great NSV :-)

Oh, and I got back on track after falling off the wagon big-time! It's been a really good week!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1. I walked past my mirror and thought "damn you are sexy!!" ( not really a NSV but everyone should do it.
    or at least try it.) With a happy dance to be supersexy:)
    2. My workout tank tops are getting too big.

3. 3 s times this week I burned over 1,000 calories.

4. I stayed on program, including challenges, with the fitness bender 8 week fat loss program. And I didn't die. Even though I thought I would today with the burpees they threw in.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I buckled the seat belt on a flight this past week without the aid of an extender. I probably was able to do that earlier but I haven't flown in 2 months.

This is technically "SV" but I went to Las Vegas and actually lost weight. Totally unexpected but there was a LOT of walking going on and I didn't drink all that much.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I noticed my *kitten* didn't shake as much when I was running!!! Oh, and I actually finished 30 Day Shred!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Realised that when I can see my reflection in store windows I don't feel disgusted anymore.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I went to my favorite restaurant and ordered a garden salad w/ dressing on the side instead of a ceaser salad. For my main course I got grilled lemon pepper chicken instead of the usual shrimps drowning in garlic butter.

It wasn't that great... It was kind of dry & tasteless. But at least I tried.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I fell down and got back up.
    I came up with 3 new healthy recipes.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I walked all the way to....wait NVM.

I was talking to this one lady and...no. not that either.

I almost tried to .....OH who am I kidding...I got nothin'. Oh well maybe next week. Meanwhile I'll just keep on keeping on. I guess there are going to be uneventful days or even weeks on this journey. I'll just sit here quietly and try not to go nuts and start making all kinds of wahhhhhhhh! threads and demanding answers to something that just simply takes time.

Congratulations on all YOUR NSV's though. They are truly the things that keep us going I think. The scale isn't much of a motivator for me, just a measure. It's the NSV's that for me mark true change. Congrats All :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Looked at my legs and realised that I have defined ankles, pointed it out to hubby and he said "oh wow! You don't have cankles anymore!!" Yeah, thanks for that! lmao!! Seriously though, that's a great NSV :-)

Oh, and I got back on track after falling off the wagon big-time! It's been a really good week!

awwwwwwwww!
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I cycled a route that I haven't done for a couple of weeks, and I didn't need to stop halfway up the hill!!! I was still out of puff but kept going and it felt great! :0)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!