Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options
12346»

Replies

• kristinksmith
    kristinksmith Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've done the first 3 days of the first week of Ripped in 30. I have a really hard time with the abs, but the other exercises are OK. May even try heavier weights today. I am doing this in addition to getting about 10,000 steps/day as tracked by my FitBit Flex. The combination of eat less/move more is working for me, but I am a bit of a plateau -- quickly lost about 13 pounds and have been stuck here for a bit. Hoping that the new strength training will help me work through this phase.
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Finally graduated to Level 2 this weekend - using 8 lb weights and I am finding it better than Level 1 for me. I feel alittle more challenged, and that is a good thing. My goal is to finish this program by the end of August because I am also doing C25K and throwing some Turbo Fire in there when I can. So far so good :-)
  • 1QtwithaQ
    1QtwithaQ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I am starting RI30 today! I am going to PR in October and would really like to loose some weight maybe 10lbs before I leave.
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have 1 more day of week 1. I started on Friday. I did two weeks of The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt befor starting Ripped in 30. Ripped seems to be more cardio so far than sculpting but maybe that just because Im still in week 1. I think Im going to add in power sculpt with my ripped in 30. In the two weeks I did power sculpt I didnt lose any weight but I did lose some inches, an inch off my hips and a half inch off each thigh and each calf.
  • christaylorkapottos1
    Options
    I just started this today. How do I know how many cal I burn with this?
  • _Fly_
    _Fly_ Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor.
  • katefrank165
    Options
    Today is my day 1 of Jilian Michaels Ripped in 30. I love it. Actually I like it better than the 30 day shred. I did a 90 day goal with the 30 day shred and lost inches and 15 lbs this was last year. Now I'm doing it again but wanted another challenge so I purchased Ripped in 30 its really intense but its worth it. Kate, West Hartford
  • Iheartftnss
    Iheartftnss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right now I´m expecting my second child so no ripping for me.
    Just wanted to tell you that after my first pregnancy last year I lost 48 lbs with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. Of course I lost this weight over a longer period than four weeks. I did each week as long as I felt strong enough to continue to the next.
    I´m due in December so I´m planning on getting ripped again next year, starting in February.
    Hope I won´t gain so much weight this pregnancy :P
  • Mimi_klaus
    Options
    i hated week 2 it was very hard but i loveeeeeee week 3 im on day 4 and im seeing a little changes in my body i hope i will lose some weight wish me luck
  • nadamandar
    nadamandar Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm on week 3. Day 2 was yesterday. Today's a running day, then day 3 tomorrow! Doing each week 6 times 3/week. I'm seeing changes! Good luck!
  • sklein21
    sklein21 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just completed ripped in 30. Happy with the results, considering doing it again in anticipation of wearing a bridesmaids dress in just about a month. However, I pretty much stopped running when I started the DVD and am about to start training for an upcoming race, so I would prefer to balance running 5 days a week with maybe 2 days of the workout. Any suggestions? Should I start from week one and go through week 4 and then repeat or skip the "easier" workouts and alternate week 3 and 4?

nadamandar - sounds like you're doing both - running and the DVD?
  • nadamandar
    Options
    Yeah, I'm alternating running and 30. One week I do 30 m/w/f and run t/th, then I flip it for the following week. I'm not sure what you should do in terms of starting it all again. I remember doing that a couple of years ago with 30 Day Shred. I got bored really quickly and moved onto something new - just my personality. I like not knowing what's coming/ trying to improve and then moving on.

If I were to double up back to back, I'd prob just cycle through the four work outs, that way there's some variety during the week. BTW...How's week four? Bah! Nevermind, I don't wanna know! Haha : )
  • sklein21
    sklein21 Posts: 3
    Options
    You'll survive week 4, don't worry! I was definitely doing more of the modifications than the bad-*kitten* moves, and it took me 2 weeks to get 4 or 5 works done. Thanks for your thoughts! Since I'm following a training plan for the race, I'll probably throw in 2 days of ripped on the off or lower mileage days. I want to keep working on getting "ripped" without sacrificing my running (like I did in June)/pick my running back up without losing all the hard work and progress I made with Jillian.
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    FINALLY finished Week 3 of RI30! Holy crap, that first circuit just kills me. Jillian, I know you love me and want me to work my quads but that duckwalk is just horrible! I'm kind of dreading what week 4 is going to bring me.

Even though sometimes I curse Jillian and her super buff cohorts, it is effective! I'm actually seeing (gasp!) a difference in my body. My clothes are fitting waaay better!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I need to restart this! I agree with you, duckwalks suck!!
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this after I finsh 30DS. I start level 3 today on that and should be done on August 12. I do it 4 times a week and then have one rest day and alternate her other DVDs like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Extreme Shed and Shred, and 6 Week 6 pack. I've lost 4 inches so far in my waist! Can't wait to see what my results are when I'm done. :)
  • nadamandar
    Options
    Just finished my last of week 3! I'm ready to move on! That's for sure! Still nervous about week 4 though! I think I'm going to do the 6 week abs one after. Who has completed it? Worthwhile?
  • marriedwoman305
    marriedwoman305 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got ripped in 30 and only did it 1 time but I'm starting again today. I will also do jump roping.