I ATE PIZZA AND ICE CREAM BED, WOKE UP LESS FAT

Options

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    True, everything in moderation. Although an entire bed of ice cream sounds a little excessive (and delicious yummm)...

and sticky....it sounds very cold and sticky...

It sounds beautiful. And a pizza for your pillow....
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    To all of the people telling noobs they have to eat baby carrots and boca burgers to lose weight. To all of the people that think "fattening foods" exist. Stop. Just stop.

I got home late last night, ate a small frozen microwave pizza and an ice cream sandwich 15 minutes before I fell asleep in bed. Woke up down nearly a pound. AND I HAD TWO MCDOUBLES FOR LUNCH. Finished the day 50 calories under my goal (which is a 30% deficit).

Eat what you want. Just manage it and stay in a deficit.

Haha same, i had a huge cheeseburger with a side of potato wedges and cocktailsauce and a can of Pepsi and I woke up two pounds lighter. which was really unexpected since it was my cheat day. *lol*

Love that!
  • RawrWolfie
    RawrWolfie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Also please don't eat Boca burgers and pretend they are "health food" especially because they are full of filler and almost 110% Soy which just turns to estrogen and gives men boobies, so unless you like being a man with a nice rack i'd suggest cutting them out.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    i always thought this as well. IIFYM, eat whatever you want as long as you stay under cals, etc etc......i would often eat ice cream or pizza upon occasion, but never every day.

well, while i was on vacation last week, i did tons of walking, some biking & swimming as well. I tracked it all with my fitbit & HRM. I ate ice cream every single day, and had pizza almost every day. brought my food scale to use when i could & did my best to estimate cals accurately when logging. I managed to stay under cals almost every day, and as an average for the week i am definitely under my cal goal. i was really hoping to discover that i could maintain on such a diet.....

yet this week i have noticed a significant amount of tummy pudge. i am getting back the muffin top i worked so hard to get rid...so disappointed. i will have to go back to only occasional pizza & ice cream

In summary, you ate more calories than your TDEE and gained weight.
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    what about nutrition?
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

That's great for you. Some people don't want to eat pizza and ice cream, because it doesn't work for them.

Does that fact somehow affect YOUR life?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I want a pizza and ice cream bed... *pout* :sad:
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i am sorry but i rather eat baby carrots and chicken for lunch then TWO MCDOUBLES blech of course you can lose weight with eating pizza, burger and ice cream but if it is really healthy is another question
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    To all of the people telling noobs they have to eat baby carrots and boca burgers to lose weight. To all of the people that think "fattening foods" exist. Stop. Just stop.

I got home late last night, ate a small frozen microwave pizza and an ice cream sandwich 15 minutes before I fell asleep in bed. Woke up down nearly a pound. AND I HAD TWO MCDOUBLES FOR LUNCH. Finished the day 50 calories under my goal (which is a 30% deficit).

Funny to see a newbie talked about "noobs". Talk to me when you under 20% BF at the minimum. Or when you sustained your weight loss for over 6 months.

If you do any research, you'll notice 1 lb "loss" is water weight. You don't magically lose a lb of fat after one night.

I "lost" 3 lb after the weekend going back on Keto. No it was just the water weight flushing out.

Btw I eat 3000 calories on Friday for my carb up every week and still lose weight. Ice Cream, Sushi, Fast Food, you name it. Then again, I eat Chicken, Shrimp, Fish, Nuts, and Broccoli 5 days a week.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

That's great for you. Some people don't want to eat pizza and ice cream, because it doesn't work for them.

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth. Pizza, ice cream, iguana sticks, etc may not work for some people due to a medical condition such as diabetes. However, if you are free from disease (And most of you are. Your thyroid is fine.) then it's all about the caloric deficit.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight. Desperate people arrive on forums like this and are told that hamburgers are fattening and they should only eat pancakes once and a while , which sets them up for failure.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Topic was supposed to read "BEFORE BED." *facepalm*

I thought you just ate an entire bed full of of ice cream. Frankly I'm a little sad you didn't :(

That would give me a tummy ache :sick:
    I'll stick withe ice cream sammie :bigsmile:
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth. Pizza, ice cream, iguana sticks, etc may not work for some people due to a medical condition such as diabetes. However, if you are free from disease (And most of you are. Your thyroid is fine.) then it's all about the caloric deficit.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight. Desperate people arrive on forums like this and are told that hamburgers are fattening and they should only eat pancakes once and a while , which sets them up for failure.

It sounds exhausting to care so much about what other people eat and think.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

Funny to see a newbie talked about "noobs". Talk to me when you under 20% BF at the minimum. Or when you sustained your weight loss for over 6 months.

If you do any research, you'll notice 1 lb "loss" is water weight. You don't magically lose a lb of fat after one night.

I "lost" 3 lb after the weekend going back on Keto. No it was just the water weight flushing out.

Btw I eat 3000 calories on Friday for my carb up every week and still lose weight. Ice Cream, Sushi, Fast Food, you name it. Then again, I eat Chicken, Shrimp, Fish, Nuts, and Broccoli 5 days a week.

Thank you, Doctor for backing my point.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It's much, much easier to fit various foods into a target as the calorie objective rises. Just throwing that out there.

For a lot of people using MFP, one mcdouble+fries and 1 slice of pizza = you're done for the day and your macros are f'd.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. For every 500 calories a day you will lose a lb a week roughly.

I've lost 600-800 lbs over the past 20 years, 60lb one time on nothing but fast food. It's no big deal if you know what you're putting into your body you can lose weight by maintaining a deficit. Done. The real trick is ~keeping the weight off~ regardless of how you're changing your diet. You can get enormously fat eating very clean (I've done it).

All said and done for health reasons though, you should try to up your fresh veggies, non-steroid laden meats, and heart healthy fats... but you can be perfectly successful at losing weight eating nearly anything in moderation... and if you have a lot of weight to lose usually the benefits of becoming non-obese outweigh, at least for some time, the crappy stuff in cheap processed foods.

Long term though, I think eating a diet of foods that you plan on maintaining indefinitely is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Love me some Popsicles and ice cream at the end of the day!!
  • shed50kg
    shed50kg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I always wake up lighter than the night before, in fact normally 1 kg lighter than when I went to bed so I would imagine you could probably get away with eating quite a bit and you still would be lighter than the night before, albeit not much lighter.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

You are correct, Doctor. You also know that a pound of fat is roughly 3500 calories. A 30% deficit plus consistent exercise can reach that in a few days.

It's not magical. Neither is it rocket science.
  • RoboGal12
    RoboGal12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight.

It "doesn't affect you", and yet here you are. And that next quoted line contradicts yourself. If it didn't affect you, you wouldn't "take offense" to what some preach to others.
  • carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    sounds like you have the best of both worlds. I too think you can eat whatever you want as long as its in moderation. Drinking too. I haven't had a beer in two weeks and this weekend I'm having a beer!....or 5. Keep enjoying your pizza and ice cream as long as it's working for you :)