Lost Your Lower Belly Pooch? SHOW IT OFF!

Options

Replies

• connietalla
    Options
    well I have a male friend that lost 120 pounds and had to get excess skin surgically removed,unfortunately when a large amount of weight is lost exercise can only do so much to tighten it up.I know its expensive and risky ,but wear a tankinin instead of bathing suit on the beach still 101 pounds lost wow you should be proud of yourself,keep up the good work girl,i just started myfitnesspal like less than 2 weeks ago cause in 2006 I went to weight wathcers and lost 70 pounds and gained 50 of it back,and I tell you I was so glad when my legs slimmed down when I lost the 70 pounds but devasted to wear bathing suit because I had lose skin on inner thigh and I exercised but that's the way it is.Be happy with your success and remember nobody in this world is absolutely perfect and I admire you for being able to los 101 pounds I know its not easy
  • connietalla
    Options
    wow good for u I admire u
  • Dre8604
    Dre8604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job Everyone!! :-)
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of hope from this thread! Keep it coming, ladies!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can find some inspiration later
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My weight is about 80% in my stomach (some arm and leg flabby, but BARELY in comparison to my big zebra striped tummy), so I appreciate this thread. SOOO keeping this as later inspiration!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    This isn't a side view, but I'm pretty sure you can still see the difference. Having three kids in 4.5 years kicked my *kitten*!! This is five months progress....

868fd70c-3013-4076-98ea-61a65978c52f_zps49defdc6.jpg
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not gone (I still have SOO far to go!!), but shrinking -- I feel hopeful! This has been over 3 months.

I was mortified at what my lower abdomen looked like after having my daughter. The first 2 months of good weight loss didn't seem to touch my tummy, but then the third month showed a noticeable difference to me.

59ca43e6-2da0-4337-b3a0-759721e8777e_zpsd25f7e3c.jpg

Wow you look amazing, thank you for sharing
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks for the compliments!

I figure since that last photo is from February, I should likely include an update:

b991cc03-480d-4c03-9891-29fbe24be8a4_zps60b06180.jpg
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    30bc6069-8c03-4b63-aaa4-da5cddc99289_zps237fee43.jpg

SW: 148. I was 126 in the second pic (currently 7 months pregnant in my profile pic).
  • Sparlingo
    Options

You look great in the "before" - but in the after? WOW! You look fabulous :).
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

You look great in the "before" - but in the after? WOW! You look fabulous :).

Thank you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sparlingo
    Options
    This isn't a side view, but I'm pretty sure you can still see the difference. Having three kids in 4.5 years kicked my *kitten*!! This is five months progress....

868fd70c-3013-4076-98ea-61a65978c52f_zps49defdc6.jpg

I could only dream of having a tummy like that 5 months from now, and I only have one daughter :smile:. Great job on the obvious hard work! I think I'm going to have to kick it up a notch now :wink:.
  • JHart0816
    JHart0816 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow - what inspiration! I was feeling down after just getting back from a beach vacation and weighing 10 pounds more than I did a year ago. I am so determined to be at least 10 pounds lighter at the beach next summer. My pooch is one of my biggest trouble areas. I know I will feel so much more comfortable with it gone, or at least much smaller.

Hopefully I'll be back in a few months to post my before/after pics :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • skinnybjasse
    skinnybjasse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amazing! This is SO inspiring!!!
  • skinnybjasse
    skinnybjasse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG #THIS is hard work and crazy inspirational! Great job!!!

I figure since that last photo is from February, I should likely include an update:

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Wow!! That is amazing!! Not only he weight lost, but look at the reduction in cellulite in your thighs from building muscle/reducing fat!! Amazing!!!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! How did you do it and how long did it take? Im beginning to think that my belly will never go!
    Wow!! You look amazing!! That's so what I'm hoping for! Right now I'm about 20lbs heavier than your start weight and want to get to 140lbs. Can I ask how long it took you to lose the weight?

I lost the first 35lbs without really trying very hard - but it took 2 years. I've lost the last 35lbs over the last 6mths (I even plateaued for almost 3 of those months!) so a fast loss is definitely possible. I do think that the longer time it takes the easier it often is to be discouraged, and the more patience plays a role in your loss.

I found after losing weight my pooch was actually more pronounced and definitely more saggy. But incorporating strength training made a HUGE difference. I did go to the gym, but I haven't been since Jan (membership expired) and I have always worked out mainly at home. YouTube Videos have been my favourite - I love Fitness Blender and Be Fit channels. I'm a HUGE fan of bodyweight training, yoga and HIIT.

In the end getting rid of it really required three things - strength training, cardio and a calorie deficit (that wasn't TOO big) - most people just seem to leave out the strength training because they don't realise you don't HAVE to do it in a gym and you don't HAVE to have any equipment (I only have dumbbells (1kg, 2kg, 3.5kg & 4kg), an aerobic step, pullup bar and a yoga mat, that's it, and there are many days were I use nothing but my body).

Do you feel like you have more energy now?
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options

HOLY CRAPOLY Girl. You are AWESOME!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!