I ATE PIZZA AND ICE CREAM BED, WOKE UP LESS FAT

Options

Replies

• iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Funny to see a newbie talked about "noobs". Talk to me when you under 20% BF at the minimum. Or when you sustained your weight loss for over 6 months.

Great job logging, BTW.

Its called using a notebook and inputting at the end of the day:

12 OZ chicken (or nutritional equiv)
    2 Packs of Steamers
    2 TBL of Mayo / Siracha
    80 pieces of almonds each day

Total = 1600 calories + PWO.

Then again I must be doing something wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/XKKY7mk.jpg

Please stop trolling people who need help with this bad advice thread.

I don't think it's trolling, and I don't think it's bad advice. All he is saying is that you don't need to eat clean to lose weight. Yes, it's a topic that is repeated over and over again. But if you think he is trolling, you don't know what that word means. And if you think it's bad advice, well to each their own.

As he said in his misplaced reply to me: "To help people not fall off the wagon because they ate an ice cream cone". That there is incredibly good advice.
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you hate the forums so much, why do you use them?

To help people not fall off the wagon because they ate an ice cream cone.

I was replying to minijuggernaut. That's why I quoted her.

I don't hate them at all, I think they're great. Not sure where I mentioned hating them.

ETA: If you're referring to my comment about "long boring threads" etc, I think we can all agree that the clean eating vs. dirty eating debates are tiresome.

You just seemed super hostile to my very harmless post. But I totally agree with you.. those debates kill me.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    what about nutrition?

I just eat the ice cream for breakfast and get my nutrition for the rest of the day.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

I apologize. I'm all defensive. :-)
  • andthenwhatjen
    andthenwhatjen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Although it is good to eat in moderation, in order to become a healthier being, some foods are better for you than others. Many foods, such as baby carrots, have fat more vitamins and other good nutrients than ice cream, pizza, and burgers do - weight loss and becoming healthy isn't only about calories.

Blah blah.. blah ice cream... blah. :)
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you hate the forums so much, why do you use them?

To help people not fall off the wagon because they ate an ice cream cone.

I don't hate them at all, I think they're great. Not sure where I mentioned hating them.

ETA: If you're referring to my comment about "long boring threads" etc, I think we can all agree that the clean eating vs. dirty eating debates are tiresome.

You just seemed super hostile to my very harmless post. But I totally agree with you.. those debates kill me.

I just re-read my post and can definitely see how it came off that way. I was actually agreeing with you, lol. I apologize, the magic of the internet did not convey my comment how it sounded in my head.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    No his premise is he can eat pizza / ice cream every day and its no different then eating healthy. Or this gem of post saying high cholesterol is not bad for you as long as you lose weight. (If thats not trolling I dunno what is).

I already stated I eat 3000 / 2500 calories Fri / Saturday scarfing all kinds of high carb junk food. Then again there's a scientific reasoning behind it (CKD keto to refill muscle glycogen + boost leptin levels).

Eating junk food all the time and losing weight is bad advice. No one is gonna dispute eating one ice cream / cheating one a while is gonna screw up your diet (well for Keto it does, but not your standard caloric deficit diet)

I challenge someone to eat 30 days of caloric deficit in only fast food and get a blood test. A dieters version of Super size Me.

Funny to see a newbie talked about "noobs". Talk to me when you under 20% BF at the minimum. Or when you sustained your weight loss for over 6 months.

Great job logging, BTW.

12 OZ chicken (or nutritional equiv)
    2 Packs of Steamers
    2 TBL of Mayo / Siracha
    80 pieces of almonds each day

Total = 1600 calories + PWO.

Then again I must be doing something wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/XKKY7mk.jpg

Please stop trolling people who need help with this bad advice thread.

I don't think it's trolling, and I don't think it's bad advice. All he is saying is that you don't need to eat clean to lose weight. Yes, it's a topic that is repeated over and over again. But if you think he is trolling, you don't know what that word means. And if you think it's bad advice, well to each their own.

As he said in his misplaced reply to me: "To help people not fall off the wagon because they ate an ice cream cone". That there is incredibly good advice.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    ...or this is why you're down 11 pounds and not down 13.

you look at it as "victory i didn't gain weight"

i look at it as lost progress.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options

It's called not being consistent with logging. You have several 2 and 3 day gaps. Not saying you're doing it wrong, you're just not logging consistently.

Ketogenic diets are bad advice for undisciplined people. However, I agree with Gary Taubes. Why We Get Fat is a great, informative, simple read.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i always thought this as well. IIFYM, eat whatever you want as long as you stay under cals, etc etc......i would often eat ice cream or pizza upon occasion, but never every day.

well, while i was on vacation last week, i did tons of walking, some biking & swimming as well. I tracked it all with my fitbit & HRM. I ate ice cream every single day, and had pizza almost every day. brought my food scale to use when i could & did my best to estimate cals accurately when logging. I managed to stay under cals almost every day, and as an average for the week i am definitely under my cal goal. i was really hoping to discover that i could maintain on such a diet.....

yet this week i have noticed a significant amount of tummy pudge. i am getting back the muffin top i worked so hard to get rid...so disappointed. i will have to go back to only occasional pizza & ice cream

In summary, you ate more calories than your TDEE and gained weight.

could be. i'm no novice to logging & counting cals. i get it. and i do a good job normally. when i eat at home i have a scale & i am the one preparing the foods so i know what is in it. i always track my exercise with my hrm...

initially i thought that maybe the prob is the fitbit could be overestimating calorie burn for me. yet i was lugging my my cousins 31 lbs kid around a lot of the time & the fitbit was not taking that into account so i imagine it was not too high. I used the hrm for biking, but not treading water in the ocean. perhaps the cal burn for that was off the mark???

I ate kohr bros light custard. i tried to estimate the actual servings vs the serving size on the website which is only 1/2 a cup. there is no way they were only 1/2 a cup, i figure that the cones must have been 2-3 times that. i logged as such....perhaps the pizza "average Sicilian" slice in the database was way off the mark. i looked up the pizza place but they did not have nutritional info available

in any case, if the issue is me not knowing how many cals i am really consuming then it is still a problem for me & i can't eat it every day. that's ok, i can live with once or twice a week.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

He was under his calorie target. For pure weight loss, he stayed on track. So no lost progress.
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    No his premise is he can eat pizza / ice cream every day and its no different then eating healthy. Or this gem of post saying high cholesterol is not bad for you as long as you lose weight. (If thats not trolling I dunno what is).

100+ lbs of fat on a body is significantly more detrimental to one's health than high LDL. Plus, if you are a keto guy I would expect you to know the truth about cholesterol.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Negative, people fail with diets cause of one two things.

1) They set their deficit so low that their BMR shoots way down. When they resume a "normal" diet, their body has trouble adjusting and their weight shoots right back to where they were.

How to Solve: CKD, which boosts leptin levels sufficiently to keep your motor high. Do a small deficit at around 10-20% max. Anymore your setting yourself for failure when recomping.

2) They can't control their cravings and "bing out". Their diet feels like a "trap".

How to Solve: Go on Keto. Cut out the carbs / sugars. It will stave off hunger since you have a stable blood sugar. A good diet is a diet you love without having those cravings.

BTW: Why do you think people recommend vegetables? Because it FILLS YOU UP. 2 huge containers of green giant steamed brocolli has the same amount of calories as one MCDS HAMBURGER. You physically cannot be hungry if you chow down on your veggies all day, cause your stomach is filled to max. Another nice Body Hack.

Also a lot of clueless people tend to fill their "Healthy Salad" with real crappy salad dressing that just negates the whole point of eating a salad (to put filler space on your stomach).

Salt and Pepper + Steamed Veggies. Then use that excess for delicious meat / fat prodcts.

Unfortunately, the world isn't so black and white. People fail at diets for many reasons, you named 2 of many. Physical health, mental health and realtionship with food, among other things, can't be solved by "CKD" or just going "Keto". Also, a good diet isn't a diet you love without the cravings. A good diet is a diet that can be sustained over your lifetime. A good diet is a diet where you can satisfy your cravings, while not sabotaging your goals. What the OP is getting at is that there is more than one way to achieve your lifestyle goals. You don't have to eat 100% "clean" foods to see results. To each his/her own, but there are many ways to live a "healthy" lifestyle.

Also, while eating a bunch of vegetables might make you feel full, that is not the reason to eat them. Satisfying micro-nutrient goals, overall health and well being are more important that "feeling full". And while you might not be hungry after "chowing down" on vegetables all day, I personally need loads of protein and carbs to feel "full". But that's just me. It doesn't mean everyone else is the same.

Lastly, you mention body fat %, almost as if somone's views or beliefs aren't valid unless they are sub 20%? Where did you arrive at this magical number? So someone under 20% knows more than someone over 20%? What is your bf% Looking at your pics, I think I am much lower than you. Does that mean I should totally disregard your post?
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Balancing what we eat is a life long commitment.....none of us will stay away from junk food forever...accordingly its just about eating everything in moderation. ....burgers pizzas are great comfort food which we love...but I personally cannot think of having it daily....I may get bored of it lol....I better have it occasionally and enjoy every bite of it...:flowerforyou:
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options

He was under his calorie target. For pure weight loss, he stayed on track. So no lost progress.

That's just a philosophy for lazy people. Eat correctly and you will get better results. Rationalizing it in this manner doesn't contribute to a lifestyle change.

Rushing to eat a pizza and ice cream when you're so tired that you can fall asleep in 15 minutes. That's not even hunger, that's just being mentally weak. Boasting about it makes me certain you won't even succeed.

Why on earth would you eat such garbage food when you've admitted you need to lose weight. It'd be like buying a $2000 tv when you're severely in debt, why needlessly add to it?

Why be content at 11lbs lost and then eat pizza/ice cream when you could have had a salad or something light and be at 12/13lbs lost.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    MM PIZZA BEDICECREAM
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    that's nice if you were hungry.....
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options

That's just a philosophy for lazy people. Eat correctly and you will get better results. Rationalizing it in this manner doesn't contribute to a lifestyle change.

Rushing to eat a pizza and ice cream when you're so tired that you can fall asleep in 15 minutes. That's not even hunger, that's just being mentally weak. Boasting about it makes me certain you won't even succeed.

Why on earth would you eat such garbage food when you've admitted you need to lose weight. It'd be like buying a $2000 tv when you're severely in debt, why needlessly add to it?

Why be content at 11lbs lost and then eat pizza/ice cream when you could have had a salad or something light and be at 12/13lbs lost.

Maybe he worked a long day and had just gotten home so he ate a nice little pizza and an ice cream bar. Screw off rude ****s.
  • StaticNomad
    Options
    I laughed so hard at some of the initial replies in the start of the thread, because I was thinking the same thing... a bed full of pizza and ice cream - and woke up less fat? Hmm??

LOL! And I can also lose up to and gain up to 2 lbs in a single day, depending on how well my body handled the sodium of my previous meal. It all depends. :) So I wouldn't attribute the eating of a pizza and ice cream the reason for waking up a pound lighter. Hell, if I go and do my morning constitution, I can lose that much weight right away. If I weigh myself right out of the shower, with my hair wet, I gain 3lbs instantly! LOL