I ATE PIZZA AND ICE CREAM BED, WOKE UP LESS FAT

Options

Replies

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    He said, defiantly.

That's great for you. Some people don't want to eat pizza and ice cream, because it doesn't work for them.

Does that fact somehow affect YOUR life?

It doesn't affect my life because I know the truth. Pizza, ice cream, iguana sticks, etc may not work for some people due to a medical condition such as diabetes. However, if you are free from disease (And most of you are. Your thyroid is fine.) then it's all about the caloric deficit.

I take offense to people peddling arugula salads and spirulina tonics as the way to "be healthy" and lose weight. Desperate people arrive on forums like this and are told that hamburgers are fattening and they should only eat pancakes once and a while , which sets them up for failure.

I don't have diabetes, thank God, and I don't wan to have it. Pizza, hamburgers and ice cream even if fits in your calories is still not healthy food. It's mostly fat and bad carbs, almost no protein, definitely no vitamins or fiber... I do love my salads and vegetables because I feel that I give my body healthy fuel. And honestly, I do enjoy veggitables, fruits and healthy protein... Thinking that I should eat pizza and burgers makes my stomach sick...

I do support you losing weight while eating food you enjoy but please don't scream it as the way to go for everyone. It's definately not a earthy life style...
  • toddlikesdesign
    Options
    Why be content at 11lbs lost and then eat pizza/ice cream when you could have had a salad or something light and be at 12/13lbs lost.

Because if I ate a light salad I'd be at near 50% below my TDEE. I ate the Pizza and Ice cream to stay at around -30% TDEE.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Maybe he worked a long day and had just gotten home so he ate a nice little pizza and an ice cream bar. Screw off rude ****s.

Rationalizing poor decisions is how people fail. It's a lifestyle change, it's not a "diet" it's not eating healthy "For now" it's not working out "for now". It's a full new lifestyle...boasting about failing is the most silly thing in the world.

I've gone from 285 to about 200 right now in the past 3 years, i feel like i have a decent context to this.
  • jgarrett731
    jgarrett731 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Although it is good to eat in moderation, in order to become a healthier being, some foods are better for you than others. Many foods, such as baby carrots, have fat more vitamins and other good nutrients than ice cream, pizza, and burgers do - weight loss and becoming healthy isn't only about calories.

I agree. Although you can stay under calories, etc while eating these foods you are not teaching yourself a healthier lifestyle. The point of my journey on MFP is not just to lose weight but to become a healthier person with better eating habits that I can use the rest of my life rather than gaining my weight back after I reach my goal.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    No 20% under is not a magic number, but its a number where weight loss is much harder then if you were at 30%. The "hard to lose" fat plateau.

I still believe though a good diet plan is one that eliminated the cravings all together. If your not hungry and getting your macros whats not to like?

Some days I will force eat myself to bump into the 1500-1600 calorie range. I would have found that literally impossible if I was eating carbs. There is no hunger.

You are correct though lots of other factors, perhaps was oversimplifying it but anytime I see a thread of XX food is not bad for you and putting down healthy eaters just gets on my nerves a little.

BTW: I am sure you know theres no consistent diet. The whole Keto Diet plan is going right out the window once I start bulking after hitting 150. I am a firm believer in changing things up left and right and "hacking the body".
    Negative, people fail with diets cause of one two things.

1) They set their deficit so low that their BMR shoots way down. When they resume a "normal" diet, their body has trouble adjusting and their weight shoots right back to where they were.

How to Solve: CKD, which boosts leptin levels sufficiently to keep your motor high. Do a small deficit at around 10-20% max. Anymore your setting yourself for failure when recomping.

2) They can't control their cravings and "bing out". Their diet feels like a "trap".

How to Solve: Go on Keto. Cut out the carbs / sugars. It will stave off hunger since you have a stable blood sugar. A good diet is a diet you love without having those cravings.

BTW: Why do you think people recommend vegetables? Because it FILLS YOU UP. 2 huge containers of green giant steamed brocolli has the same amount of calories as one MCDS HAMBURGER. You physically cannot be hungry if you chow down on your veggies all day, cause your stomach is filled to max. Another nice Body Hack.

Also a lot of clueless people tend to fill their "Healthy Salad" with real crappy salad dressing that just negates the whole point of eating a salad (to put filler space on your stomach).

Salt and Pepper + Steamed Veggies. Then use that excess for delicious meat / fat prodcts.

Unfortunately, the world isn't so black and white. People fail at diets for many reasons, you named 2 of many. Physical health, mental health and realtionship with food, among other things, can't be solved by "CKD" or just going "Keto". Also, a good diet isn't a diet you love without the cravings. A good diet is a diet that can be sustained over your lifetime. A good diet is a diet where you can satisfy your cravings, while not sabotaging your goals. What the OP is getting at is that there is more than one way to achieve your lifestyle goals. You don't have to eat 100% "clean" foods to see results. To each his/her own, but there are many ways to live a "healthy" lifestyle.

Also, while eating a bunch of vegetables might make you feel full, that is not the reason to eat them. Satisfying micro-nutrient goals, overall health and well being are more important that "feeling full". And while you might not be hungry after "chowing down" on vegetables all day, I personally need loads of protein and carbs to feel "full". But that's just me. It doesn't mean everyone else is the same.

Lastly, you mention body fat %, almost as if somone's views or beliefs aren't valid unless they are sub 20%? Where did you arrive at this magical number? So someone under 20% knows more than someone over 20%? What is your bf% Looking at your pics, I think I am much lower than you. Does that mean I should totally disregard your post?
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Its called using a notebook and inputting at the end of the day:

Hint: I think he's talking more about your 'failure to log a lot of days period' not that you have nothing in for today.
  • brdnw
    Options
    Why be content at 11lbs lost and then eat pizza/ice cream when you could have had a salad or something light and be at 12/13lbs lost.

Because if I ate a light salad I'd be at near 50% below my TDEE. I ate the Pizza and Ice cream to stay at around -30% TDEE.

What's wrong with being low on your TDEE (wtf that is)?

i'm often in a caloric deficit. Yesterday i had a salad, 2 protein shakes, lifted for 2 hours, ate some fruit, and ran for 10 miles. Pretty sure i was in a calorie deficit,...sure wasn't going to be driving to taco bell to get some calories "bc my body needs it" bc my body certainly didn't need some extra trash calories (Or nor did i need some lame reasoning to eat poorly).
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Also a lot of clueless people tend to fill their "Healthy Salad" with real crappy salad dressing that just negates the whole point of eating a salad (to put filler space on your stomach).

That is the whole point of eating a salad? Oh, no! : (

All this time I thought I was eating salads because they are delicious and packed with a variety of nutrients.
  • wwwdotcr
    Options

Hint: I think he's talking more about your 'failure to log a lot of days period' not that you have nothing in for today.

I have a weekend account for my carb ups so it doesnt clutter my "frequently used" items. CarbUpFriday.
  • brdnw
    Options
    No 20% under is not a magic number, but its a number where weight loss is much harder then if you were at 30%. The "hard to lose" fat plateau.

I disagree about the plateau. I was 23.7 (250lbs) february 1st and today i'm at 14.8% (200 lbs)...I've had no issues losing weight nor any plateauing.
  • wwwdotcr
    Options

All this time I thought I was eating salads because they are delicious and packed with a variety of nutrients.

I wish I had your taste buds. I dose my veggies with tabasco / siracha / salt & pepper and stuff it down. Although hot sauce makes anything taste good :).
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hmmm,, well I'm not one to preach to the choir, I'm not perfect myself, but i want to say that lots of factors seem to happen when we are losing weight. I would not say that those particular food items caused you to lose weight, its probably you are doing excercises and keeping active and its true, i have eaten a big sandwich and it didn't hurt me.

The one thing though, you dont have a column for sodium in your diary. That is the tricky part. I've seen food in restaurants where they list the calories, and a sandwich might be 600 calories, but loaded with 2100 of sodium. so your numbers look good, but i cant say what the sodium content is, if you added that column, then see how it compares with your other nutrition numbers.

if the numbers still look good to you, (i.e. sodium under 2,000) then I shall be your disciple!! :)
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Disappointed not to learn what an ice cream bed is.

Me too! I thought maybe Carvel was branching out into the tasty furniture business.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    37138447.jpg
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some popcorn to read this thread.
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Please. You're trolling. Stop.

No.

My point is to help people understand that they can eat what they want within a calorie deficit and lose weight.

Weight. Yes. Water, fat, muscle. See, I don't care to lose muscle. I'm at 19% BF and all I care to lose it fat. Your advice is good for people who are only concerned about what numbers show on their bathroom scale. Last thing I want is to be skinny fat!
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I wish I had your taste buds. I dose my veggies with tabasco / siracha / salt & pepper and stuff it down. Although hot sauce makes anything taste good :).

That I can agree with wholeheartedly. That's what I do when faced with steamed vegetables.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Funny to see a newbie talked about "noobs". Talk to me when you under 20% BF at the minimum. Or when you sustained your weight loss for over 6 months.

Great job logging, BTW.

12 OZ chicken (or nutritional equiv)
    2 Packs of Steamers
    2 TBL of Mayo / Siracha
    80 pieces of almonds each day

Total = 1600 calories + PWO.

Then again I must be doing something wrong:

http://i.imgur.com/XKKY7mk.jpg

Please stop trolling people who need help with this bad advice thread.

I don't think it's trolling, and I don't think it's bad advice. All he is saying is that you don't need to eat clean to lose weight. Yes, it's a topic that is repeated over and over again. But if you think he is trolling, you don't know what that word means. And if you think it's bad advice, well to each their own.

As he said in his misplaced reply to me: "To help people not fall off the wagon because they ate an ice cream cone". That there is incredibly good advice.

When I was a poor student, I used to have one McDonald's hamburger a day for lunch and maybe an apple or a banana for dinner. And lots of coffee. Yes, I was losing weight, even it was not my purpose. My skin was horrible, my hair was bad, I was always tired...

It's not all about calories, and health is not important while you still have it.
    But now I want to be not just skinny but also healthy.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    what about nutrition?

That doesn't factor in with a lot of the people in the General Diet and Weight Loss Help and Food and Nutrition forums on mfp. If you eat garbage and lose weight you're doing it right, regardless of what havoc it may doing to other facets of your health. You will get flamed mercilessly for being concerned about your overall health vs. dropping a pound or two.

It depends. It ~does~ factor in with most people and for people with little (<30lbs) to lose, it matters a lot more. All that said, when you are morbidly obese, losing weight even eating nothing but mcdonalds hamburgers and fries will get you to a better health place than you are currently. I know. I've done it. I've had the blood work before, during, and after and watched as my bp numbers dropped every few weeks and my glucose levels stabilize. I have a friend who was diabetic on high bp and high cholesterol drugs... he lost 80lbs and now he's off ~everything~... and it wasn't because he was eating perfectly... now he's started on the journey of cleaning up his eating as well and that's great as well... but doing both when he was looking at losing over a hundred pounds wasn't feasible and it's not for many people. Baby steps, one thing at a time if need be. Crashing into something you have no idea how to do, have never done, maybe have never even cooked before, and eating new foods you've never eaten before is overwhelming and less feasible and maintainable than gradual change along the way. Further, a lot of people on MFP want to come into every thread and scream IF YOU DONT EAT CLAN YOU WONT LOSE WEIGHT, which is utter bullcrap of the highest order and discourages many people from even continuing to try which is a travesty of the highest order.

Encourage, not discourage. Suggest, not demand.

Long term consistency and improvement is what fitness and weightless are about... not abrupt changes you can't maintain.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    i_ate_the_dingo_oval_decal.jpg?height=240&width=240