NSV (Non Scale Victory) Not shared enough. Let's hear it!

Options
12346»

Replies

• SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Being able to wrap my thumb and my index finger around my wrist and touch fingers. I think that means I can buy a watch for the first time in 6 years. I hated not being able to wear watches, bracelets etc.
  • Vick53
    Vick53 Posts: 15
    Options
    Attending a variety of classes at the Y with my brand new membership. At least one a day, sometimes 2 for the past 3 weeks except a few days when I was out of town visiting family and we walked for hours on those days.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My two news are a) I slept well/peacefully on my back for the first time in years b) the shirt and skort I was wearing today, I bought years ago, was kinda snug then. Today I was thinking the shirt was too loose...then as I walked around the complex I had to keep tugging the skort up...AND could pull it up/down without! unbuttoning it.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,008 Member
    Options
    I'm still, in my head, not really seeing a whole lot of difference when I look in the mirror, so it was a very happy and unexpected NSV I had recently...

I was out for a walk the sun was shining (first time in a while where I live) and I looked down and saw my shadow walking along with me and had to turn around and do a double take to make sure nobody was following me, because that sure didn't look like my shadow. It was to small. Loved it!

I was shocked by my reflection in a shop window. Whoa?! That's ME?!
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    - In March I weighed 390 pounds - I was too heavy for the conventional scale at my doctor's office. I saw my doctor yesterday for cholesterol blood work and was very happy to see that I not only fit on her scale but I wasn't at the top end of it. (it goes to 350 and I weigh 341 now).

- Another big victory - being able to clean myself head to toe without having to get creative to reach certain places.

- I sleep better and I am not up every hour needing to pee. (I drink more water than ever and I can make it four - five hours straight at night without waking up to pee).

- I have a lot more energy.

- No more acid reflux.

- The clothes that were too tight on me are now getting to be too big for me. I have a button down shirt that someone gave me that I was never able to button and always wore it as an "over shirt". I tried it on a couple of days ago and all the buttons buttoned and it was actually a bit loose on me.

- The new pants I bought three weeks ago are starting to slide down. I didn't buy those til my other pants were falling off of me and now it's already time to go buy more pants. ( I can live with baggy shirts but can't live with baggy pants).

- I got hit on by a guy at the grocery store who told me I looked beautiful to him.

- I am able to walk 15 min / half a mile on the treadmill and go swimming for an hour immediately afterwards. Back in March I couldn't do 5 min on the treadmill without hurting so bad and being out of breath. I just discovered I can do 15 min / half a mile yesterday. So yay me!

Every time I discover a NSV I want to run around and do cart wheels I'm so happy about them.
  • tiffanypacino
    tiffanypacino Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can wear my little black dress from 4 yrs ago. A girl always needs one of those! :)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said my pants were getting baggy! My favorite swimsuit and my favorite shirt are both getting too big!
  • MissPandaSquish
    MissPandaSquish Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Being able to life 50 pounds with out struggling.
    Flex my arm muscle when checking out guys.
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I put on jeans that were 11/12 l and they were way to big. I got dresses this morning and fit a shirt that I could never wear. It's a med 7/8. The jeans a size 10 na they were freshly washed and dried and they are too big in the thigh and waist!!!! Feel free to add me :)