Do you try to eat at least 1200 calories daily?

Options

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    <-- 2200/day
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Do I try? No, I don't need to try. I find it very hard to eat less than 1400-1500 a day. If I had only eaten 600 calories by nighttime I'd be ready to chew on my shoes.

Theybetter be some Loubs lol

Hmm... that's an interesting thought. :laugh:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    nope. I calorie cycle so one day I might net 800 and the next day1400.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Do or Do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I think you know that 600 cals a day is not enough. Yes - do try to eat at LEAST 1200 a day, but for a young man at age 19 you should be eating way more than that. Peanut butter, nuts, full fat pudding, full fat milk - all healthy for you and will give you the calories you need along with needed protein.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If I eat under 1800 a day I get NASTY. I am a 5'7 168lb woman.

You should probably eat more.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    ummm yea
  • Michelleh118
    Michelleh118 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Listen to everyone above.
  • nanimoose
    nanimoose Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have trouble getting my calorie goal too. Try eating denser (calorific) food. Sugar free jello not being one. I eat very little as well, my stomach doesn't take kindly to eating large portions of food. So what I do is eat things like peanut butter, meats, and dairy. Things that don't take up much room in the stomach, but have an energy punch.

Not sure if my problem is actually your problem as well, but thought I'd throw the suggestion out there.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This isnt making any sense.. You let yourself get to over 300 pounds at one time... Yu didnt do that on 600 calories a day worth of sugar feee jello! Dude, You CAN eat.
    I'm a 44 year old, 5'6" female and I gross 2200 caloires a day! Greek yogurt with fat, nuts and nut butter.. One tablespoon of nut butter has about 100 caloreis and certainly wont fill you up. Eat it was celery, carrots, apple or a banana instead of crappy jello! Grab a hanful of nuts and/or seeds or a trail mix.
    I suggest NO LESS than 2000 calories a day for a guy of your age, activity level and height. Go calculate your BMR, NEVER eat below that amount!!!!
    Even better, calculate your TDEE and then cut that amout by 10% for your daily calorice intake. Get about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight (this is about 25% of our daily calories), eat about 30% of your caloies from fat and the carbs take care of themselves...EAT
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Wow, even my 4 year old, who doesn't eat a lot, manages 600 calories a day or more!

I'm female, 5'6, age 35 and I aim for 1500-1600 calories a day. I exercise 5 or 6 times a week so I guess I net 1200 most days.

I'd be starving on 600 calories! No way could I chase after my kids or do my teaching job.

Eat more! Make it good food though - protein, fruit etc.
  • Nessa0506
    Nessa0506 Posts: 81
    Options
    you're a nineteen year old dude. go eat 2,200 calories, lift weights, and run. and watch the magic.

I concur
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Way too low dude, I'd say eat atleast 1800, I find it difficult eating only 2000-2400 depending on my exercise.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So, I agree 600 is too low to consume. However, question; some days I eat my BMR of 1382, and don't eat exercise cals back. So some days I NET around 600-700. Should I be NETTING my BMR? I'm not actually losing anything. So just trying to figure out all the numbers/rates etc
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I try my best to eat at least 1300 actually why so low that can be sad would make me cry anyways
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    I am a female and I try not to eat below 2000 calories. 1200 wouldn't give my body the fuel it needs, but you are only netting 600 (which is not healthy. 1200 calories is one meal during the day for me. My goals are to maintain muscle mass and soon I will be staring a new lifting program and will eat even more to create a small surplus. It does not make sense or seem healthy for a a grown man to eat so little. Unless your goal is to drop weight and you don't care that at such a low intake you will most likely be losing MUSCLE (not just fat).
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ya 1590 net
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    At least 1200. It's hard to get all your macros that you need for less than 1200 anyways, and after working out, I'm always hungry enough to be able to eat 1200+
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    So, I agree 600 is too low to consume. However, question; some days I eat my BMR of 1382, and don't eat exercise cals back. So some days I NET around 600-700. Should I be NETTING my BMR? I'm not actually losing anything. So just trying to figure out all the numbers/rates etc

I don't think that, once in a while, it will hurt you to net the 600-700. But in general, I would say figure your TDEE * 80% and don't eat much below that. It's considered aggressive weight loss, and TDEE *75% is considered risky (If I'm remembering numbers). And if you're not losing anything with a net of 700 a day, and you want to be losing, I would suggest trying to net at least 1200 a day. You'll probably feel a lot better!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Net NO LESS than your BMR
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yup I think he got it now.