Ugh, my foods touched each other

Options

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Omg! I thought I was the only crazy person with this!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way....and I also turn my plate so what ever I'm eating is right in front of me....
    Same here. I also eat all of one thing before I move to another, usually saving my favorite for last.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Well it don't bother me if my food is touching as it all goes in the same way and it all comes out the same way.

When you think about it when your food comes out the other end it all touches.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Quick question: will you eat things like pasta salad or soup? When the different ingredients are supposed to be all in one mouthful?
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ones that referred to obsessive compulsive disorder... plus a lot of anorexics or eating disordered people develop similar behaviours.

p.s. I don't like certain foods touching each others either, but mostly because I don't like their taste.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Add me to the foods can't touch unless designed to (like spaghetti & meatballs) crew. I also cannot have salad on a plate with regular food.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I find it weird that there are grown adults who have this problem..
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I really can't tell if this is serious or not...

I think it depends on what types of food you are eating... I think in general when you have a meal, the foods should somewhat compliment each other.

I'm from a culture where we just pile food on our plates, rice, different meat dishes, pasta... and yea, it will touch each other... no biggie, it all gets eaten, and the tastes always go together :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Ya, this is me. I've gotten a lot better with it but certain foods can not touch and if it does I will refuse to eat it. I'm aware it all mixes together in the same place but only I get to mix it on my plate dammit >.<
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    These kind of issues tend to co-exist with neurological conditions like ADHD or autistic spectrum disorders, though they can occur on their own as well, i.e. without any other disorder/issues.

Yep, my boyfriend has ADHD and mild autism and he has a hard time with food, especially the food touching thing. Lucky for him I'm OCD and have to have the food laid out it's own portion on the plate.

Match made in heaven?! :drinker:
  • RGFit412
    RGFit412 Posts: 177
    Options
    I consider myself A.D.D. and it's all good!! mix it up, bring it on!!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    it's not uncommon. sometimes b/c of an underlying medical condition (OCD or Autism Spectrum Disorders), sometimes a phobia, sometimes a palate thing. unless it's interfearing with your day-to-day activities or your nutritional intake, it's nothing to worry about, it's nothing that needs intervention. if it IS getting in the way of day-to-day activities or nutritional intake, then there are psychologists who specialize.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Quick question: will you eat things like pasta salad or soup? When the different ingredients are supposed to be all in one mouthful?

Yes, I will to a certain extent. With pasta salads I will pick out certain things and eat separately and I do that with salads too. Especially broccoli, I love broccoli so much that I eat it first out of anything but it can have dressing and certain sauces on it.

BTW all, I am bipolar and I do have a touch of OCD but I never considered them related.
  • 1princesswarrior
    Options
    Brumotactillophobia

This is real! It's a phobia. Pretty common, actually. I wonder, though...if you go to a restaurant, what do you do?

I separate everything when it comes out.
  • 1princesswarrior
    Options
    I was at a bbq one day & my bf tried to be nice and make me a plate.. except that the hot bean juice (whatever the hell you call that) was getting all over the plate and then got all in my potato salad. He didnt understand why I was grossed out. He has the idea that "its all going to the same place" lol

Oozing juices are the worst.

I absolutely hate oozing juices!! That's when the extra bowl comes out, especially for corn and green beans! Thanksgiving dinner is the worst for oozing juices.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My boss is that way. I took her to a habachi grill restaurant for her birthday, she flipped a d!ck like I have never seen before. She wanted steak and shrimp. Not only was her food touching; but it was also being cooked by the same utensils. According to her, "you're never supposed to cook the meat with the same utensils that you just cooked your fish with!!!!" I told her go to the bathroom while the chef cooks.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I love my food touching/mixing ~ my fav meals are casseroles and stews. I prefer a long tonged fork to scoop a bit of everything on it for each bite! :tongue:

But my husband's like you, he keeps and eats his food separate.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    39977491.jpg
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    39977491.jpg

HAHAHA. First World Problems (FWP)
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    my cousins kid wouldnt eat his chicken strips because a rice grain touched one of them.. wasnt on it, just next to it..

definitely first world problems...