What's wrong with your cat?

Options

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    well, clyde the cat is our weirdest. he's 3 now. he likes to lick things. mostly plastic grocery bags. he really gets into it. like he'll sit there and lick a plastic bag for an hour, just licking away at the bag. he also sits in the bathroom while my husband showers and talks to him, then my husband uses him as a towel and clyde just loves it. he will jump on your lap and head butt you until you pet him, and then he will move his head to get your hand into just the right petting spot. he sleeps in the dogs bed, and will not let the dog into the bed. and when i feed everyone their wet food, he sticks his face into everyones bowl, including the dog, while the dog is eating, and then runs out of the kitchen without eating anything.

persie is 1 and he is now 17 1/2 pounds. he likes to sleep on my stomach. he also will bite my husband on his calf when he wants to play. he sleeps in front of the front door spread eagle on his back. when hes in his cat tree and i come to pet him, he grabs my hand with his hands and pulls my hand to him and hugs and licks my fingers. and when i make the bed, he gets under the blankets and we play monster kitty.

baby kitty is 6 and she is the queen. shes a pretty normal cat, her weird thing is, when i have a sweatshirt on, she likes to get into it and sleep. she loves to cuddle. oh and if i get a new bag of food or treats and leave them out for any amount of time before putting them away, she will chew her way into the bag.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    We had one cat that used to suck it's own nipple like it was nursing. I always wondered what was wrong with that cat...
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My Burmese is very protective of me. My dog can't even come near me some days (now she is a 30kg big dog - dobe x) and my kitty is only 4kg. She also has "babies". They are stubby coolers (or can coolers wherever you are from). She steals them and stockpiles them. Then she carries around one at a time meowing and caring for them. She has been spayed since 4mths and never had kits (she is 9 next month)

Our black cat he is the weird one. Has no medical issues whatsoever, but once being a stray he seems to think he needs to eat constantly, yet he's only just 3kg. If he thinks can't see him he will try to eat anything in sight (yep ANY type of food!). He also has a habit of licking your hair while sleeping. He has an obsession for chemical smells and will go hypo if you smell anything like it. In particular, he loves the smell of chlorine. If he smells it he will rub on you for a minute before going pyscho and attacking you.

Oh and he loves to eat lorikeet food. We have to lock it in the cupboard and make sure its locked or he will get it. If he does get it, it gives him the squirts. Why he continues to try and steal it is anyone's guess.

One of mine loves the smell of chlorine too! She gets so into it it that she tries to get inside the hair, purring very loudly and rubbing up against the hair till you have to try to get away :tongue: She also believes when you go to the toilet that this is cuddle time.

Another one makes love to my dressing gown at the same time bites and holds it with his mouth.

Another one yells at you when she says its time to eat...yes it's a king of yell meow.

Another one, when she had kittens a couple of years ago used to go into the kitchen, stand next to the window and meow. But, it sounded like she was saying Hewoah, hewoah. She also plays fetch with little pomm pom balls (the ones you get in those craft sets)

Oh yeah and they like to watch if you know what I mean....creepy!
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My cat plays fetch like a dog - it's the weirdest/cutest/funniest thing ever!! She does it with straws, and balls of paper. She also follows me everywhere and jumps on the toilet when I want to use it, or in the sink when I want to use it. She sits on the side of the tub when I am taking a shower and every once in a while I feel a paw through the curtain because she is trying to catch the water. She also goes crazy when she sees lights on the wall and just sits there and tries to catch it. She doesn't like seeing her bowl of food empty and cries for more as soon as she sees the bottom.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old:

- Licks wooden clothes hangers
    - LOVES mint chap stick (or most types for that matter). He'll try to lick it off my lips when I use it.
    - Will climb on my lap, snuggle, purr...then a few minutes later, without warning or provocation, will literally attack/bite me.
    - Will bite/attack any part of my body not under the covers starting around 3-4 am because he wants me to get up and feed him. This continues until I actually wake up. It's very annoying, actually.

My 3 year old:
    - Scratches at stuff like a dog; doors, walls, mirrors, glass doors, etc.
    - She is a total licker, her way of saying hi or "I love you" is to lick hands, arms, legs, feet.

Both of my cats like to play fetch.

I've taught both of them to give paw. Not just one paw, but I've taught them both to give alternating paws.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    My cat plays fetch like a dog - it's the weirdest/cutest/funniest thing ever!! She does it with straws, and balls of paper. She also follows me everywhere and jumps on the toilet when I want to use it, or in the sink when I want to use it. She sits on the side of the tub when I am taking a shower and every once in a while I feel a paw through the curtain because she is trying to catch the water. She also goes crazy when she sees lights on the wall and just sits there and tries to catch it. She doesn't like seeing her bowl of food empty and cries for more as soon as she sees the bottom.
    Ummm... Is your cat my cat's twin sister???? :laugh: Seriously. My cat does all those things. He also "barks" sometimes. I don't know how else to describe the sound he makes when he gets in a crazy mood. He'll start running laps through the house and being weird and does this weird kind of guttural sound, that I can only describe as a cat's attempt at a bark.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Luna, my Persian/Seal Point mix will round the house, jump onto my balcony, open the insect screen, and then open the sliding windows and jump in onto my face (my bed is just under the window). All very quietly so you can't hear a thing. I learned where they got the term CAT BURGLAR from...
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    262610_10151786940915329_124475500_n.jpg
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Mine likes to crawl under the throw rug by the front door and sleep.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have some weird cats and I want to read all these but im at work :(
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Mine lays on my chest and kneads his paws into me while I'm sleeping, claws out, mid you. Then, when I wake up and go to the restroom, he follows me and rubs up against my legs over and over again while I sit on the toilet to pee. I can't escape him. He's everywhere.

Also, when he is outdoors, he sits on the table I have right outside my living room window and just stares at me. It's creepy.
  • BooBoo1264
    BooBoo1264 Posts: 164
    Options
    I have two.

One loves guys. He acts like such a hussy when a guy walks into the house. Also you have to hide any type of crackers or chips from him. He will shred the box trying to get to them.

The other one will jump in the bath tub and howl until you let the water trip for him so he can drink and clean himself :)
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Mine all lick their butts. Weird, huh?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    One of them likes to try and eat pieces of paper.

The other one is very vocal, and likes to whine at the bedroom door with a baby-like cry when she wants food or attention.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    When he's happy, his tail will go straight up in the air and then vibrate.
    One of my girls does the same thing. She puts her butt to me and does it like she is trying to mark me as hers or something.

They both scratch at the door and put their paws underneath or push the door open if it is not latched while I am using the bathroom.

first-world-cat-problems-3_thumb.jpg
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Peanut, who is going to be 2 in September, has these moments where he becomes needy as hell. He runs around, mewing at everything, then he'll be all cute by nudging on me, but then will turn around and try to bite my nose. He also has an issue with his backside. If you scratch it or pet it for too long, he will bite and get mad. He also will throw random tantrums. And he emerges himself in the water bowl to drink, or he just lays on his side and drinks.

Marceline, who turned 1 this month, is skittish, despite being with us since she was 3 months old. She also screams when I'm combing her with the flea comb and have to put her on her back. She also screams when I cut her nails, even though I'm not hurting her. She also instigates fights with Peanut and when she's losing the fight, she screams for me to come rescue her. She's very affectionate, but barely tolerates being held.

Oh and both cats LOVE playing with water drops. They try to grab drops as they're dripping off the A/C. But both hate baths.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    My youngest wants to perch on my chest... even when I am sitting up. She climbs up there and slides down, and climbs back up and lsides down. After doing this several times she gives me this look as if to say. "Why are you doing this to me?" Then she will try to use her claws to hold herself there.

My oldest will not drink from anywhere but his island waterfall. He will jump on the bathroom counter, and expect the sink to be turned on to a small trickle when he asks. He won't drink though until the fan on the counter is turned on.

Yes. It took him years to train me to do this for him.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. The youngest has a taste for lego tires and nerf darts. She is constantly dragging them upstairs from the basement. The other day, she brought up a ball larger than her head.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    The question is what isn't wrong with my cat haha

I'm not sure how old he actually is as he was abandoned and I adopted him back in September, the vet figured at that point he was about one year, nine months old and he is all kinds of crazy. He's extremely vocal, he'd talk the ear off of you, sometimes he even sounds like he says human words like "mom." When I come home from work or anywhere for that matter he runs out of his bedroom (yes, he has his own room complete with futon) meowing "mom, mom, mom." Same thing when I don't pay attention to him, he'll sit in front of me and continue with his "mom, mom, mom" rant then proceed to jump up on me regardless of what I'm doing and flop down on my lap even if that means he's on top of my laptop pushing every key on the keyboard.

He also has an obsession with the bathroom, he'll go in there and lie on the floor for ages, if I go in there he'll sit in front of me and if I get a bath he'll sit on the toilet or side of the tub and slap the water or wait until I wash him down.

He also has a weird habit of doing backflips off the wall, that or running and charging head first into walls, may explain why hes's such a weirdo but I love him anyway!

20qkjgy.jpg
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My Izzy waits for me to bring my nightly cup of water to the bedside table then proceeds to drink it all as soon as I leave the room.