Super Powers

Options

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My power is "super-rationalization". I can rationalize anything; convince myself (an often others) to do whatever we want even when common sense says we shouldn't.

Your powers must be working right now...I really need to go and do my walk/run, but I have rationalized sitting here responding to MFP comments.... :tongue:

Sorry about that. One day, I'll learn to use my power for "good". Now go get that walk/run done, the sooner you start, the sooner you finish. Then you can play on the internet without the prospect of having to do it hanging over your head.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Those are all pretty amazing superpowers ????

My superpower takes guts, ambition, extreme tolerance for midgets, and stamina!

I teach 1st graders, THAT'S my superpower!

:laugh: That is a superpower!!! We're going to foster babies (no ages older than I can put in a playpen and aren't potty training - is that horrible criteria??? The actual reason is that around here newborns cannot be placed in daycare, and I stay at home, so it seems like a good fit)... Plus, I don't think I could keep up with any child older, especially the K-2 ages...kudos to you for doing!!!!

:laugh: good for you!!! At least if you can corral them you don't have to chase them!!!!!!
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Motivation....Well, I mean, the shield I carry with me doesn't hurt things either.

Yeah - MOTIVATE TO DOMINATE!!!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options

:laugh: That is a superpower!!! We're going to foster babies (no ages older than I can put in a playpen and aren't potty training - is that horrible criteria??? The actual reason is that around here newborns cannot be placed in daycare, and I stay at home, so it seems like a good fit)... Plus, I don't think I could keep up with any child older, especially the K-2 ages...kudos to you for doing!!!!

Good for you!! I got custody of 3 of my grandchildren 4 months ago and the youngest is now 9 months old. It was difficult finding daycare for her with people I trusted to take care of her.
    Babies need all the good loving they can get.

Kudos to you!!

Thanks - I do love kids/young adults...always thought I would have enough to have a baseball/softball team or a football team. I use to teach church classes of all different ages (from infant to most recently teens....adorable creatures those teenagers).

Custody battles, those can be heart wrenching for everyone (the one job I would hate to have in this world is being a judge who determines custody/placement). I hope your grandchildren are doing well, now!! Good luck with helping them to thrive!!!!!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    My power is "super-rationalization". I can rationalize anything; convince myself (an often others) to do whatever we want even when common sense says we shouldn't.

Your powers must be working right now...I really need to go and do my walk/run, but I have rationalized sitting here responding to MFP comments.... :tongue:

Sorry about that. One day, I'll learn to use my power for "good". Now go get that walk/run done, the sooner you start, the sooner you finish. Then you can play on the internet without the prospect of having to do it hanging over your head.

LOL - your powers they worked again...just got back (man, it's hot outside...but at least it's not raining).
  • jljshoe1979
    Options

:laugh: good for you!!! At least if you can corral them you don't have to chase them!!!!!!

Exactly! My sister-in-law saw the play yard we bought in anticipation of these kids, she was like, "you're never going to use it...we didn't with [my niece]". I was sooooo proud of my husband for keeping his mouth shut right after she said that...I love my niece, but let's just say a play yard was needed at several family get-togethers for her "boundless energy."
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    bumping - I've just had so much fun reading about everyone's super powers...just wondered if anyone else had any to share :smile:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Call me the "Human Seismograph". On occasion, and when I'm really not focused on anything else, I can sense oncoming powerful earthquakes of 6.2 magnitude or higher 24 hours or less before they happen.

How do you feel about cats?? Crazy question, I know...but I just read that cats may be able to sense earthquakes due to the sensitivity in their paws.

Ohhhh---I can definitely sense cats. Especially at night, when they decide to jump onto my chest while I sleep.

:wink:

I asked how you feel to see if you like cats (I'm guessing you do, since you own them)....I was wondering because I really like your profile picture and I can just see you/your outfit morphed into this really cool cat-like super hero...with whiskers that tingle /twitch when you detect the beginnings of those earthquakes.

Um.....okay, I think?
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    Call me the "Human Seismograph". On occasion, and when I'm really not focused on anything else, I can sense oncoming powerful earthquakes of 6.2 magnitude or higher 24 hours or less before they happen.

How do you feel about cats?? Crazy question, I know...but I just read that cats may be able to sense earthquakes due to the sensitivity in their paws.

Ohhhh---I can definitely sense cats. Especially at night, when they decide to jump onto my chest while I sleep.

:wink:

I asked how you feel to see if you like cats (I'm guessing you do, since you own them)....I was wondering because I really like your profile picture and I can just see you/your outfit morphed into this really cool cat-like super hero...with whiskers that tingle /twitch when you detect the beginnings of those earthquakes.

Um.....okay, I think?

Just having a little fun on here - got a little carried away with the description of how the "Human Seismograph" might look/act as a comic book character....but I promise it was just supposed to be cute and absolutely no disrespect was meant
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I commend the OP for the ability to take such serious illness and make light of it and even turn it into something fun and uplifting, thank you so much for sharing with us! <3

I have Kienbock's disease, the blood supply to my lunate is cut off which will cause my small bones to gradually dying and melt away, it's supposed to be a fairly slow progress which shouldn't really cause extreme issues until I'm middle age or even elderly but my progression has been very quick, so quickly in fact that I will require a fusion surgery within the next few months.

That being said, I'm going to be Steel from DC Comics because my swollen, enlarged hand can represent his and I can use it as a weapon!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    I commend the OP for the ability to take such serious illness and make light of it and even turn it into something fun and uplifting, thank you so much for sharing with us! <3

I have Kienbock's disease, the blood supply to my lunate is cut off which will cause my small bones to gradually dying and melt away, it's supposed to be a fairly slow progress which shouldn't really cause extreme issues until I'm middle age or even elderly but my progression has been very quick, so quickly in fact that I will require a fusion surgery within the next few months.

That being said, I'm going to be Steel from DC Comics because my swollen, enlarged hand can represent his and I can use it as a weapon!

Oh bless your heart. Hope the surgery goes well!!!

Steel - good one!!! Wish they would do a movie about him with all the latest technology (I think they did one in the 90's, but it didn't do so well). Hollywood are you listening???
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

LOL - your powers they worked again...just got back (man, it's hot outside...but at least it's not raining).

Awesome! I'm so proud of BOTH of us. I went for a 4 mile walk last Sunday, over half of it was in the rain. oops. Definitely, made it interesting and much cooler.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My Rinnegan Eyes & Sage Mode :D
  • jljshoe1979
    Options

Awesome! I'm so proud of BOTH of us. I went for a 4 mile walk last Sunday, over half of it was in the rain. oops. Definitely, made it interesting and much cooler.

4 miles!!!! Awesome!!! Sorry, to hear about the rain.

I did that once recently...just wanted to see what it was like and around here it rained for about two weeks straight during that time (I had kept putting off going out because of the rain). I thought it would not be great, but I rather enjoyed parts of it because it kept me cool and not so many people were out (did see two others)...My feet got too wet, so I won't do it again, unless I have too.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    i think you and your father's superpowers are that you have the amazing ability to, even for a moment, look past your illnesses and find some enjoyment in coming up with some creative distractions. i'm not sure i'd have that strength.

I completely agree with this. OP, you are wonderful.

My superpower would be making people happy. I know it sounds cliched, but I'm a very warm person. I am really bothered if someone is unhappy, so I go out of my way to include everyone. I am complimented on my smile by complete strangers.
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    My Rinnegan Eyes & Sage Mode :D

Gonna admit I had to look that up...

That's some powerful stuff there - are you here to create or destroy???? (seeing as we are on MFP, I'm hoping here to create muscle and destroy fat :-} ) Which of the six paths is your favorite?
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    i think you and your father's superpowers are that you have the amazing ability to, even for a moment, look past your illnesses and find some enjoyment in coming up with some creative distractions. i'm not sure i'd have that strength.

I completely agree with this. OP, you are wonderful.

My superpower would be making people happy. I know it sounds cliched, but I'm a very warm person. I am really bothered if someone is unhappy, so I go out of my way to include everyone. I am complimented on my smile by complete strangers.

Thanks (all credit to my dad)! It made me happy you chose to share your super power!! :happy: Based on your profile pic, you do have a nice smile!!!!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Thanks (all credit to my dad)! It made me happy you chose to share your super power!! :happy: Based on your profile pic, you do have a nice smile!!!!

Dads do have a way of instilling good traits in their kids. I have my dad to thank for everything that I do right in life!

Thank you, I appreciate that! Its a blessing and a curse, being nice. I'm a teacher, and I'm working on toughening up a bit. High schoolers are pretty unforgiving!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I have the ability to move small rooms in most large buildings from one level to another.

These small rooms moving in building have become so common place that they now have their own name "elevators".

It seems overtime some of my powers have migrated to stair cases also.

The strain overtime causes me to have extreme headaches and nosebleeds.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am hypersensitive, mainly to physical stimuli.
    Basically means that for me everything is way louder, brighter, smellier, itchier and when something/someone touches me, the physical stimuli is so high, it distracts me from anything else.
    It's really annoying, because I can't even wear jewellery, woolly clothes or clothes with the tags still in them. Also always have to wear sunglasses, when there is a lot of noise it actually hurts, I can't tolerate certain food textures or strong flavours and I get really sick from strong smells.

As a superpower it can be a bit awesome. I can hear conversations from the other end of a noisy room, hear sirens in traffic coming before anyone else, can tell you exactly which ingredients are in a dish after one taste and I can see in the dark.