need plus sized friends/ motivators to help shed some lbs

Options

Replies

• SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm a 18/16. I'm moving towards a 16 and away from18 since I started. Sometimes it feels overwhelming, but I think of it as one decision at a time. I've had some bad days as you can see in my diary, but each day is a new one. Feel free to add me if you;d like. I'm on every day, and my diary is public. We got this!!!!! :drinker:
  • Dandeliiondreams
    Dandeliiondreams Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5'3
    Sw276
    Cw273
    Ultimate goal weigh 150 maybe. Right now goal 199 =]
    Anyone can add me =]. Just send a little message !!
  • heavyabc
    heavyabc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too, and would love some friends to help along the way. I'm 5'2" and I started on Sunday at 200. The last time I was this weight I was 9 months pregnant! . I'm hoping to stick with this, and I know having someone to check in with will help. I need to do more on my profile, and learn how to add people, so if you would like to add me, please don't hesitate. I'd guess my size is around a 20, but maybe a 22. Frankly, I have stopped shopping for clothes and man it's a bummer. I have a formal event in the fall, and I'm dreading finding something flattering.
  • Happymomwife0529
    Options
    Hey. I am 31, wife, mother and student. I fully understand what your saying about wanting and needing a change. I have lost 5 lbs in a week. I have struggled with my weight most of my life, it really can get depressing. I am in a 26/28 right now, I would like to get into a 16. I am a big-boned woman, I don't want to lose too many of my sexy curves ;). I have an excellent support system, but it never hurts to have others in the same boat as you. We are here for one goal, a newer, better, healthier you!! Good Luck to all!!
  • JeannetteLassell
    Options
    I am new to the site...I really needed the food journal. I am presently size 18 (snug), but would like to get down to a 12 or so...I would be grateful to get that far. I am trying to limit my sugars and avoid flour products. I have ended up eating lots of raw veggies....
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm not plus-size now but I WAS a size 26/28 and now a size 10 so if u want to add me, feel free!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi all, anyone is welcome to add me too. I started on my healthier lifestyle on January 11, 2013. I am 5'8", 45 yo, and started at 272, I now weight 216.60. I started off at a very tight 22 and am now fitting comfortably in an 18. I have big hips & boobs and I think my goal size is around 14 (I was that size when I weighted 135 when I was younger). My overall goal is to lose at least 100 lbs, but I don't have a time limit on it. The key for me is to just keep on striving to make healthier choices each day (food/exercise/building self esteem) & to be kind and forgiving to myself when I don't.
  • Hlasweet
    Hlasweet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I would love for all of you to add me!!! I used to be a size 14 and thought I was HUGE. After 3 kids and many years of not taking care of me, I am now at 288, 5'9" and I actually hide my weight to some degree. I just want to be healthy and enjoy many more years.

I think it is also SO important to be happy on the inside. You need to love yourself no matter what your weight is. If you don't, it's always going to be a battle. I own my weight, I'm a very happy girl with who I am, it's just time to be healthy!

So please add me so we can encourage one another!

Heather
  • livinfluffy
    livinfluffy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Only 5'2" . Started working out at 250 size 22/24, but joined MFP at 225 or so. Now I am still at 215, but have gone down to a size 16/18. Love torrid too, but too pricey so I have been shopping JC Penny clearance and TJ Maxx. I haven't figured out my big goal, but am working towards 15 more pounds before my anniversary trip in October. I keep in mind the saying that "Healthy is the new Skinny" I don't need to be skinny, I like my curves, I just want to be healthy.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Heellloooo...... I'm very new to this site and i'm looking for new friends to help me lose weight. I decided it was time for CHANGE a month ago and I'm already down 13 lbs woohoo. I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 241 lbs. I know that is really unhealthy for me to carry such weight and I feel it in my back and feet. My goal is to get to a size 12- 14 soon since i've been an 18 since I was 12! I'm taking this one day at a time and would like to have someone to encourage me in the process. I'm the only plus size in my circle, it would be great to know i'm not alone. So join me! :)

Welcome to MFP!! I'm Jenny. I've been with MFP for a year now. I joined after gaining a lot of weight with my youngest.
    You can do this too. If you have any questions feel free to send a message.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5'3" Started out wearing 18-20. Am a 16 now but have a ways to go! Feel free to add me!
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also the only plus-sized person in my circle of friends...the largest by far. I'm 5'4" and wearing a size 22. I'm very much into short-term goals for now, so I'm looking to lose 1-2 pounds a week, every week. Eventually I hope to be OUT of plus sizes. Our family has a big life cycle event coming up in January of 2015. Every day I picture my self there, smiling and dancing in a dress that was purchased in a "regular" store and shoes that are not extra-wide. Everyone on this thread should feel free to add me. We're all in this together.
  • SnarkyChick
    SnarkyChick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on boards or blogging - I've been burned before, more than once - but I need motivation, so here goes... Please be gentle! :wink:

I'm 5'6, and weighed 317 at my heaviest, wearing size 26. I'm down to just under 280, wearing size 20 (sometimes 22, depending on the brand). I would love to get under 200 - or even just to 200! - but I'm taking it 10 pounds at a time for now. It's just too overwhelming otherwise.

All this to say I would love to have some friends on this board, so please feel free to add me (this goes for everyone who posted)!
  • SnarkyChick
    SnarkyChick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also meant to say I'd never heard of Torrids, but now that I've seen the clothes, I love it!

And nowhere near as expensive as I'd expected. Then again, I'm up in Canada, and plus-sized options are really pricey so I'm probably just used to paying that much!
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    we have the same goal, size 12/14. i started at size 22/24, now a 16/18.
    welcome. friend request coming your way :)
  • FaithtoSucc33d
    Options
    I started out as a size 26/28 and now wear a size 12/14 in some clothes and 15/16 in others so still their lol. Ive already sent you a request :) if anyone else want to send me one please do. I only ask that you add message with your request about this post and be a daily and supportive logger :) Ive lost 132 pounds to date with 65 more to go. Lets get it! :)
  • goodmorningglory
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear poetic_britt! I have been plus sized for the last 15 years. I am new on here, just getting the hang of tracking meals and exercise. We can do it! We just have to focus on a whole healthy lifestyle not our size or "dieting." Eating healthier is my objective. Let's encourage each other to a smaller size while learning to make better choices. I had a heart attack a month ago and I'm waking up to my situation and God has blessed me with two beautiful daughters and three precious grandchildren who are my inspiration for eating better and exercising more than before.
    I hope you can find your inspiration to a healthier lifestyle!!! Cheering you on to your goals!
  • MC0301
    MC0301 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can relate to a lot of the posts here, 5'7 and I have been stuck in size 16/18 for what feels like forever! Anyone who is looking for a supportive buddy - feel free to add me!
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'd love to make some new plus size friends here too! My diary is open, and I love talking about exercise and food. I focus on health and fitness and strength, rather than a goal of "skinny". I'm an encouraging and supportive person! Happy for anyone here to add me.

I'm 5"4, have lost 33lbs (15kgs) so far, my starting weight was 233lbs (106kgs). I've gone from a size 18/20 to a size 14 top, I have no idea what sizing I am below the waist now cause I haven't bought any new clothes yet! My goal weight is realistic, I'd like to get to 176lbs (80kgs) and then see how I look and feel before deciding to lose any more.

For plus size clothes, Igigi are expensive but such good quality, and I mostly buy from them. Try the UK "ASOS Curve" range too.
  • vhanquist
    vhanquist Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    add me! I need to lose the weight and would love a bigger group of motivators!