Look 15 pounds lighter, in 2 easy steps: Eat and Lift

Options

Replies

• AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I'm too sore from lifting right now, but I'm really digging the eat part
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have almost the exact same numbers as you! My goal weight is 125, but I would GLADLY take 135 as well!

I choose 135 because I'm very...um oh what's a good word. Well I have a big *kitten* and big boobs. I like these traits about myself, but they also kind of skew me towards the 'heavier' send of things. (Also make my jeans gap in the back. I even buy 'curvy' cuts and still, that damn gap!) I believe 115-140 is totally reasonable for women around our heights.

Technically I'm overweight/have an overweight BMI. So. There is that.

Very inspiring! I'm too sore from lifting right now, but I'm really digging the eat part

The eating is the best part! I'm about to nom the last of my meatballs and some pasta right now. nomnomnom
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Smokin!!!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your rockin' body - you look fabulous! And thank you for your 3 simple steps.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Congratulations on your rockin' body - you look fabulous! And thank you for your 3 simple steps.

TYVM.

I do really help a few people might take something away from this. You don't have to eat small amounts, you don't have to run until you've left a small lake at your feet, you don't have to be uncomfortable or unhappy or alone. You can lose the weight and become an amazing sexy better your and still eat. You can lift heavy and slim down. You can do it all while feeling good, and occasionally surprising yourself and feeling like a BAMF.

And good lord it doesn't have to be complicated. I see a lot of people over thinking and going to extremes when it's really very simple (barring medical issues). Eat a little less. Lift something heavy. Move a little more.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Looking good, lady! Keep it up!
  • breeannalee
    Options
    You are looking Hot girl!

Have I seen you on Marks Daily Apple. i.e. paleo/primal eating or maybe someone else?

Love the more calories and lifting approach
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    ROCK ON! I love it! In 2011 I lost almost 50 pounds, then in 2012 I lost 2 more pounds but went down from a size 10 to a size 6 from lifting! It is the way!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You look great! :love: :love:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Lifting is the secret to my success too ;)
  • yobetsyjo
    yobetsyjo Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow u look great, is there a special routine u followed??
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Haaawwwtttt! Awesome job!
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! It is such a weird paradigm: eat more calories, lift weights, lose weight! But apparently it works for most everyone. Starting to find out myself--just beginning
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! :flowerforyou:

I love lifting and eating and losing weight and inches! SCORE!
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this very thing myself. Just started a couple of weeks ago. We'll see how it goes! I hope I do as well as you have done!
  • Achrya
    Options
    You are looking Hot girl!

Have I seen you on Marks Daily Apple. i.e. paleo/primal eating or maybe someone else?

Love the more calories and lifting approach

Musta been someone else. :smile:

Wow u look great, is there a special routine u followed??

I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women and completed stage one, then moved onto Stronglifts 5x5, which you can find out more about here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4618-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

I also do body weight circuits 2/3 days a week (I follow Body by You, but I hear there's an app called Be Your Own Gym for phones) and then rest 1/2 days a week.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Amazing progress! :flowerforyou:

I love lifting and eating and losing weight and inches! SCORE!

37779465.jpg
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :love: :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Options
    :love: :drinker:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!