GUYS: would you end your relationship over extra skin ?

Options

Replies

• _Countryboy_
    Options
    If you bread her and deep fry her, the skin is the best part....
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When my OH and I first started dating, I was overweight but not obese. I gained a ton of weight through the years and he stuck around (see my profile for details). Now that I've lost it all and then some, he hates my extra skin. To the point that he mentions surgery to me every time he sees my flappy arms and saggy tummy. He makes comments about how unattractive it is and he pretty much wants nothing to do with me. And this is coming from a guy who himself has gained about 80 pounds in the last few years and is making no effort to do anything about it. There are some days when it tears me up inside to know how he feels about it. Then there are other days when I just say "screw it - his loss" and go out for a bike ride instead!

My BF on the other hand has no issue with it!! Kidding!! :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Funny you posted this...my bf and I were watching extreme weight loss last night and the woman had a ton of extra skin. I asked him if he would break up with me if I had extra skin like that and he said he would...
    Sounds like a solid, loving relationship.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    MyProgressISYour1Proof Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    my bf of almost 2 years said he doesn't mind my extra skin but also doesn't like how it makes me feel. he knows I work hard and supports me. I went from close to 346.4 to 171.6 right now
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    no I would remove some of it myself and serve with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
    gw-ikw18MiTflbHF.gif \m/

Best movie ever!!!!!
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The issue here is the physical attraction. I hate to say it, but I HAVE broken up with a guy who lost a TON of weight while we were dating because I was no longer attracted to him physically. Love is not necessarily always blind. We're not talking about 2 people who are married and have that next level love that theyve committed to through thick and thin. Being in a relationship is work, and yes, love should be unconditional, but I dont think it always is. I think sexual attraction is a HUGE factor, and if lose skin is a dealbreaker, then it's a deal breaker. It's really a gain for both people to get out of a relationship that can be shaken by that stuff becasue it just means its not TRUE love
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    If he didn't mind the 300 pounds of fat why would a few pounds of skin bother him..

Hahaha and who would have time to care if it bothered him. I'd kick his *kitten* to the curb :P
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am with a GF because i love her, and everything about her, not based on looks alone

Any guy who would is a jerk and superficial IMO
  • aliasbee
    aliasbee Posts: 27
    Options
    Extra skin isn't a big deal. Looks will influence sex drive, and that's a normal human side effect, but if my SO was already awesome, such a thing wouldn't be a huge deal.

Besides, it would be a testament to haw fast they made a change in their life. You only get that extra skin from a dramatic weight change. The body will catch up and lose it over time.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    no I would remove some of it myself and serve with fava beans and a nice Chianti.
    gw-ikw18MiTflbHF.gif \m/

Youre been reading alot of me... I'm cutting you off for a bit.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Funny you posted this...my bf and I were watching extreme weight loss last night and the woman had a ton of extra skin. I asked him if he would break up with me if I had extra skin like that and he said he would...
    And your response?

Really curious. Never mind you may have a great personality and very well might be a fantastic person, but based solely on the fact that if you had some extra skin attached to your body, he would leave?

I might leave an SO for saying they'd leave ME for that, because I'd grow extremely self conscious about myself and always wonder if a little change might be the nail in the coffin that made them leave. I mean, if a little extra skin would do it, I can't imagine what other trivial little thing would.
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    Seriously

Some women are so dumb. Stop doing this to our gender. Grow some self respect. You're more than looks. Find someone who is mature enough to understand that!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    since ive lost 100lbs and have extra, ugly deformed skin it would be hypocritical for me to say i would end a relationship over it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    definitely its not the reason to end the relation.... and that flappy skin goes away with toning.... nothing is permanent in this world
    "Toning" won't do it since excess skin tissue doesn't reduce it's volume. Surgery or acceptance are the options.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    No. If I loved her at 300 pounds why wouldn't I still love her at 175 loose skin or not?

She's the same woman so If he is repulsed by the lose skin then he should take a hard look in the mirror and decide why he was in the relationship in the first place.

I like you.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you bread her and deep fry her, the skin is the best part....

Ewwww. Just a threw up a bit. :-)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    definitely its not the reason to end the relation.... and that flappy skin goes away with toning.... nothing is permanent in this world
    "Toning" won't do it since excess skin tissue doesn't reduce it's volume. Surgery or acceptance are the options.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

the skins ability to snap back is largely determined by genetics and if you are younger rather than older. I've lost 150+ pounds and have minimal loose skin,

this is largely thanks to genetics....i'm almost 40.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Love her as she is
    wasn't she fat when u met her and u loved her then
    unconditional love
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    not if she could do this

tumblr_lqab88mfuB1qlr140o1_500.gif

LMFAO
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Im the type of person that finds a way to see beauty in all the things others may not. This included.