Look 15 pounds lighter, in 2 easy steps: Eat and Lift

Replies

• mcrumpsf
    mcrumpsf Posts: 36 Member
    HOT HOT HOT!!! Lady. You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Bump to look later.

I can't see the pics on this computer, so I'll have to see when I get home. I bet you look fantastic though!
  • belle7xo
    belle7xo Posts: 9 Member
    wow, fantastic job!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Just wanted to post this, for ladies with dumbbells/kettle balls. You won't be able to go as heavy as with a barbell obviously but it's better to start lighter/in a more modified way than not start at all! And of course rest between sets, 1-2 minutes.

Routine A: 5×5
    Dumbbell Squat 5 sets x 5 reps
    Dumbbell Bench Press 5 sets x 5 reps
    Dumbbell Lying Row 5 sets x 5 reps
    Weighted Situps 4 sets. Try to stay in the 8-12 rep range

Routine B: 4×5
    Dumbbell squat 4 sets x 5 reps. Set 4 should be same as Set 3. Example: set 1- 60lbs, set 2- 70lbs, set 3- 80lbs, set 4- 80lbs
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press or Military Dumbbell Press 4 sets x 5 reps. Alternate from week to week
    Dumbbell Deadlift 4 sets x 5 reps
    Situps 3 sets. Try and do a few more each week!

Routine C: 4 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 8
    Dumbbell Squat 4 sets x 5 reps then 1 set x 3 reps 1 then last set x 8. First 4 sets will be the same as Routine A. The 1 x 3 set is 2.5% above Routine A’s top set of 5. Then the 1 x8 set will be the same weight as your 3rd set on 4×5.
    Dumbbell Bench Press 4 sets x 5 reps then 1 set x 3 reps 1 then last set x 8. First 4 sets will be the same as Routine A. The 1 x 3 set is 2.5% above Routine A’s top set of 5. Then the 1 x8 set will be the same weight as your 3rd set on 4×5.
    Dumbbell Lying Row 4 sets x 5 reps then 1 set x 3 reps 1 then last set x 8. First 4 sets will be the same as Routine A. The 1 x 3 set is 2.5% above Routine A’s top set of 5. Then the 1 x8 set will be the same weight as your 3rd set on 4×5.
    Dumbbell Curls 3 sets x 8 reps
    Dumbbell Tricep Extension 3 sets x 8 reps

http://produmbbellworkouts.com/dumbbell-routines/5x5-heavy-weight-with-dumbbells/

And then an beginner body weight circuit, if you find you have no weights at all.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    bump
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :wink: Yep, I can see why Women are afraid to Lift Heavy!! You really "Got Bulky", LOL!!!
    :drinker: Fabulous Job!! Thanks for posting!!
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    That's awesome! Congrats and great job!
  • wow u look amazing!! I am so scared to go over 1200 calories a day - can you give us an idea of what your meal plans look like?
  • Achrya
    wow u look amazing!! I am so scared to go over 1200 calories a day - can you give us an idea of what your meal plans look like?

I don't have a set meal plan really. I just kind of eat whatever; I try to cook most of my food myself (75-80%) and go protein heavy when possible.; I do use shakes and quest bars because I'm aiming for 120g of protein. I use full fat cheese, 2% milk, full fat salad dresseing, I eat regular ice cream (a lot...), and baked goods. I do use sandwich thins or tortillas, but I'm not low carb or low fat or low sugar or low sodium.

So basically I guess I just eat and try to make it all balance out.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    You look amazing, girl! Im having the same experience...not really losing weight at a fast pace (right now I'm not losing at all) but I'm looking smaller and smaller! Love it. Congrats on your accomplishments so far!
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Damn girl! What a difference, lookin good!! Very inspiration! :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    You look fantastic! I love the skull bikini!
  • Achrya
    You look amazing, girl! Im having the same experience...not really losing weight at a fast pace (right now I'm not losing at all) but I'm looking smaller and smaller! Love it. Congrats on your accomplishments so far!

And this proves, at least to me, that there is so much more than dropping pounds to this experience. Body composition is so important; I'm literally fitting into clothes I was wearing when I was 15 pounds lighter. Its possible that I'll never hit my goal weight and yet be smaller than I've ever been, and that's amazing to me.

Re: my skull bikini. I was an 'edgy' 19 year old. Lol.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Win.
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    :flowerforyou: NIce Job...what a difference! How many lbs are you lifting, and how long do you lift for every day?
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    You look great!
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    OMG!!! You look awesome!!! You've given me hope for my thighs and butt. Buying the NROLFW this weekend!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    lol, I love this! Nice job!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Awesome work! Congrats!:drinker:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    You look fantastic. Well done.
  • Achrya
    :flowerforyou: NIce Job...what a difference! How many lbs are you lifting, and how long do you lift for every day?

I'm not sure if you kept reading but the amount I'm lifting is on page four. As for length I do. Five minute warm up of plodding on the t treadmill then from there it's about 30 minutes. The time spent goes up as the weight of your lifts goes up.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member

And this proves, at least to me, that there is so much more than dropping pounds to this experience. Body composition is so important; I'm literally fitting into clothes I was wearing when I was 15 pounds lighter. Its possible that I'll never hit my goal weight and yet be smaller than I've ever been, and that's amazing to me.

Yes, mam! Getting in shape is about so much more than weight. When I started this journey, I had an arbitrary number I wanted to hit on the scale. Now I really couldn't care less. If your body fat is decrease and you're losing inches, what else really matters?

...and I kinda want a skull bikini now. I wonder if they still sell them???
  • just_me_mindy
    just_me_mindy Posts: 210 Member
    wow great job!!!!!
  • Achrya

Yes, mam! Getting in shape is about so much more than weight. When I started this journey, I had an arbitrary number I wanted to hit on the scale. Now I really couldn't care less. If your body fat is decrease and you're losing inches, what else really matters?

...and I kinda want a skull bikini now. I wonder if they still sell them???

http://www.thefind.com/apparel/info-skull-and-crossbones-bikini

I may have gone looking. And then 'oohh, I like that white and black'. And then bought it. Ah well.

Oh, and the interest of being on topic, I again want to stress how awesome body weight workouts can be in combination with a regime including free weights, or just as your main strength workout. Seriously, I do all kinds of squats and my butt looks amazing. So don't think just because you can't have barbells you can't work on your strength and see results.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    You look fantastic! I'm about a month and a half into lifting and I am enjoying some of the changes I see so far. Your thread makes me excited for what I can achieve if I stick with it :) thanks for sharing! You are amazing!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    BEAUTIFUL! Great work :drinker:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    fantastic!!!
  • elisenj
    elisenj Posts: 1
    What are your meals like? Do you follow a specific plan?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    This is my favorite kind of success thread!
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Amazing results!! Congrats on your awesome transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!