Where do you want to be 3 months or a year from now?

Options

Replies

• p2smommy
    p2smommy Posts: 64
    Options
    In 3 months? - I want to be around 185-190. - Lighter than that would be optimal.. but I will settle for that range.

In a year? - I want to weigh 150, which is now my goal weight... (I am38 yrs old, nearly 5'7".. and have a large frame/bone structure.)

In a year, if I have reached maintenance or superceded my current GW, I hope to have increased my endurance to where I can run a half marathon. (as a by-the-way, I detest running..currently. Hubby says that will change once I "find my zone" still looking for that zone. I can do about 2 miles give or take .2 right now at a SUPER SLOW pace.. )... I haven't told him my plans yet, as he's an ultra runner, and I've gone from couch potato to climbing the fitness mountain in the past 6 months.. I don't want to make a false promise, then not be able to keep it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I'd love to be in a size 8 (now I'm a loose size 10). In a year this lifestyle will be second nature.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good question.

I want to run another marathon and beat my time from 20 years ago. It's a tough goal because in 1994 I ran a great race (Honolulu Marathon).

That's that goal I want to reach, but I am not sure that it is realistic or doable - in any case, that's what I want to strive for this year.

If I don't score that victory on the clock, I'll be totally happy for having tried (and gotten in great shape along the way)!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I would like to see myself in one year to have my body where i would be able to enter a competition. Not that i would do it but, i would like to know that if i wanted to i could and would have the confidence to do so.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I want to be sober and have less BF% within 3 months to a year.....

that is all.
  • hproskie
    hproskie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose at least 10 pounds over the next 3 months, and a year from now I hope to be able to post a success story about losing 40-50!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I hope to weigh under my all-time lowest adult weight - 227 - and that is not a major goal because I am almost there now!

In one year from now I hope to be around 200 lb. It would be nice to hit the 190s but I would be fine with even something like 215. I have faith that I'll keep going lower in time, but I don't want to rush...I'd rather be patient as I focus on my changed lifestyle and eating habits :-)
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'll be well under 200 lbs in 3 months and, in 1 year, I'll have reached my goal of 145 lbs. (I'm 5'7")

OP, well done! You look terrific.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'11" 34 year old guy. My starting weight was 258 (December '12) and I'm currently at 227 (lighter than when I graduated from high school!). In three months, I want to be at goal weight - another 24 pounds lost. That would put me at 203. In a year, I'd love to be maintaining in one-derland...at 198, a weight I haven't seen since I was 15.

Other 3 month and 1 year goals: off BP medication completely, no back pain, a yoga rock star and probably most importantly, I hope to have inspired and motivated my wife to join me in working out and eating right!

Even though you're a guy and 3 inches taller than me, we're almost exactly the same numbers wise AND history wise!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    3 months from now I want to be somewhere around 175 lbs. 1 year from now I want to be at goal weight, 135 lbs. And I want to be able to do a 5k.
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In a year I wanna be just a couple of pounds lighter, more toned, lifting heavy like a champ, and training for a full marathon :drinker:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    In three months, I want to be firmly in ONEDERLAND! currently 12 pounds away...
    I want to have made strength training a solid part of my workout routine.
    I want to a experience a serious reduction in my measurements.

I need to print this out where I see it every day...
    Great thread.
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's so inspiring to read about everyone else's goals!

I've been losing about half a pound a week, and I'm hoping to be able to keep that up, although I expect the loss to slow down more and more as I get closer and closer to my goal. In three months, half a pound per week would put me at 122.5, which is 4.5 pounds shy of my goal weight. I'm more concerned with my fitness level, though, so I might actually be happy with 122.5 as an end point. :) Fitness-wise, I'd like to complete the Body By You program in the next three months. I'm on week 2, so I'm on track to finish on October 4, but I've never actually completely finished a fitness program before. I always get bored! This one is nice, though, because progression doesn't mean just more weight: it means new and different exercises.

By this time next year, I'd like to be able to do all of the most advanced exercises in the Body By You program: an unassisted pull-up (something I couldn't do even when I was a tiny middle-schooler), pistol squats, dive-bombers, one-arm push-ups, and weighted one-legged warriors. I also have some aesthetic goals: I'd like to lose 2" off my hips, 1" off my waist, and 1" off each thigh within the next year.
  • nienes
    nienes Posts: 10
    Options
    i want to lose 20 pound in the next three months!!

In a year I hope to have lost 50 pound total :-)
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    In 3 months, I want to have control of my sugar cravings and get back down below 140lbs again. In a year, I hope to be at my goal weight of 130lbs... as I have found... goal weight is hard to achieve and takes some amazingly hard work! Also, I'll have completed my second Tough Mudder with my team and recruit a few newbs while at it. Last weekend I ran my first ever Tough Mudder and next summer I want to be able to own this obstacle/run course!
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose another 20 lbs in the next three months. In a year I would expect to be in full maintenance mode at goal weight :bigsmile:
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want to be my pic again <--

That was me a few years ago
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Relevant to MFP ~ in 3 months I'd like to be near goal (15 lbs to go, but going oh so slow lately!).

And a year from now I hope to be smoothly maintaining good health & weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    While the question is a good one from the OP, what's more important to know is once you do know what you want, what's the actual DETAILED plan to get there. Just saying "hey, in 3 months I want to be _______lbs." with no plan will probably end up short in goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • christinazaia
    christinazaia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i weigh 262 right now....i wish to be 150-160 lbs.....i am 102-112 pounds away from my dream weight....ive been fat almost all my life, just been struggling.....now im pushing myself hard to do this and im never gonna fail cause im not giving up....thanks to my fitness pal....i belive in me and i hav all the encouragement and support i need.....xx
    probably will take me a year..... but im on this!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!