RUNNERS: Asics vs. Brooks - GO!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic! I have tendonitis and plantar fasciitis and Brooks are amazing for me. My husband loves his Asics and he has a clubbed foot...so they both work for anyone! And we are full runners, 5ks, 10ks half and my husband has done full marathons!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline GTS for me! I bought my original pair for $110 at a running store but found my next pair (same shoes but different color) at Finish line for only $60! If you're patient and look around, there are even Brooks deals to be had.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic! I have tendonitis and plantar fasciitis and Brooks are amazing for me.

Same here.. my plantar fasciitis issues led me to the Brooks shoes. I went to a running store and got properly fitted, and that's what they recommended for me. I haven't had any issues since (KNOCK ON WOOD!)
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have worn a lot of running shoes over time (Nike, Adidas, Ryka, Asics, Brooks, Saucony, Reebok).

I was a very faithful Asics wearer until very recently. I have a pair of Kayano 18s that I am currently wearing for boot camp and Zumba classes only. When I tried to run in them, my left foot developed tendinitis across the top of my foot. It really hurts. The PT I saw said it was likely due to the way the laces were across my foot and because I needed a wider toe box.

I got a pair of Brooks Adrenaline 13s. I am in love. LOVE. They are like wearing clouds on my feet. My foot is getting better and doesn't hurt when I run, they are comfortable, and I have had no blisters or any kind of problems at all. I am totally sold on Brooks.
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Brooks all the way! I've used a lot of different brands but I always go back to Brooks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    They're both good...it really just depends on your foot. Brand wise I wouldn't say one is any better than the other; I wear Brooks Ghost...not because I just love Brooks...but that's what fits my foot the best and assists with under pronation.
  • Bacardibarker
    Bacardibarker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love my Brooks Ghosts. Brooks all the way. :drinker:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Seriously everyone is different, and different gaits, running mechanics, from and style change everything. It 's about having the right shoe for you, not about what's your favorite brand. If you need help, get a gait analysis at a running store with a knowledgeable staff. Try them out, and compare them in a run.

A BAD SHOE CAN CAUSE A MAJOR INJURY!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Obviously different strokes for different folks and different shoes are going to work for different people. I've run in Adidas, New
    So now I'm looking at lot at the Brooks Pure series and wondering if I might try the Pure Cadence. I'm going to be about due for shoes in April anyway. Thoughts on the Cadence for anyone who runs in them? And especially, thoughts from anyone who's moved from Asics to Brooks and why / how it's worked out, if there's anyone on these forums who has done that.

Thanks!

Never worn Asics, but I have had two pair of Brooks (slow learner). My last pair were the pure connect, I've also done the pure cadence. From my email exchange with the company over my dissatisfaction of the connects, they informed me that the life of these shoes is maximum 200 miles, mine fell to pieces at 200 miles, which is why I emailed the company. The soles were split in 1/2, they were causing pain, the heal was ripped off. My issue with it, I'm a light weight runner, with a fast cadence, so my shoes have never worn out before the miles, I generally get an extra 100 or so in on them. Very disappointed with the Brooks The company replaced them, but told me in the future to expect 200 miles at most. These are a fairly expensive running shoe to not last. That would mean a new pair each month for me - No thanks.
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was wearing the Ascis Nimbus for years but I switched to the Brooks Glycerin in January and LOVE them. They are wider in the toe box and I had to get orthotics so the Brooks ended up fitting me much better. I love them!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    On the road Ascis. When I run on the trail Merrel. I love my trail running shoes. I could happily live in them.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm a size 14 /Extra wide 4E/ Flat Foot

Brooks Beast is my shoe