Diary open am I eating right? I am not losing anymore!!

Options
Diary is open. I have lost a merely 10 lbs but have not budged anymore, need NICE SUPPORTIVE ADVICE... thanks

Replies

• emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    how long has it been since a loss?
    what exercise do you do, have you had any "days off" and ate something different? what are you stats, height weight ?
    I looked at your diary, it looks good, but I think that mfp over estimates exercise calories, so when I went to tdee method -20% I started losing again:)
    Louise
  • rachiefofo
    rachiefofo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maybe try cutting out the shakes? Seems like a lot of calories but good protein. I would just try cutting out little things. How much do you exercise?
  • hetx2mommy
    hetx2mommy Posts: 26
    Options
    i'm not sure what you are doing for exercise but i wouldn't be eating back ALL the calories you get for that. from what i've read it mfp overestimates. If i earn extra calories from exercise I'll eat about 1/3 to 1/2 of them back.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So how exactly do you burn 300 calories in 9 minutes through nursing?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'd back way off eating exercise calories and dependence on meal replacements. Possibly start logging things by ingredients rather than finding a generic thing in the database that looks close. If you make a sandwich log bread, meat, condiments etc separately or make a recipe. The sandwich I make may be way different than the one you make and 100 calories here and there all day makes a huge difference.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat back exercise calories. But that is just ME. A lot of people would disagree with me.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back your calories.

Otherwise I like your diet, very healthy!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'd back way off eating exercise calories and dependence on meal replacements. Possibly start logging things by ingredients rather than finding a generic thing in the database that looks close. If you make a sandwich log bread, meat, condiments etc separately or make a recipe. The sandwich I make may be way different than the one you make and 100 calories here and there all day makes a huge difference.

That's a great suggestion!
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I'm waiting for an answer to this one
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure what you are doing for exercise but i wouldn't be eating back ALL the calories you get for that. from what i've read it mfp overestimates. If i earn extra calories from exercise I'll eat about 1/3 to 1/2 of them back.

From the looks of her diary, she's not.
  • newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Let me google that for you

http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-body/perks-and-health-benefits-breastfeeding

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/fashion/12Skin.html?_r=0
  • babams
    babams Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi - I noticed that you intake a lot of sugar, and some days your sodium is really high. Personally for me, a high sodium day results in water retention/bloating. And too much sugar will turn into fat. I'm going to make mine public as well. I've hit a wall too.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Breastfeeding burns between 300-700 calories a day I think she was using that as 1 session and then adding in rest all in 1 feeding rather than the most likely 1 1/2-2hrs that she is actually feeding her baby throughout the day.

Your calories may be to low. I would try the TDEE -20% method. but for your calories for the day I see a lot of days that your net is way lower.
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    never mind
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    From where I'm standing, it looks more like you might be eating too little than not enough, especially if you're breast feeding.

Make sure you're set for one pound a week, and not sedentary. Because if you have a little one at home, they won't LET you be sedentary, unless you have a nanny who does all the work for you.

You're also getting close the area where it might be time to switch to a half pound a week.
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You could try a small deficit of 100-200 calories and see if that helps! Make sure you are drinking as much water as possible, I swear that almost always works. If you don't like plain water, try cutting up and apple and putting 1-2 cinnamon sticks in a pitcher and let it steep overnight. It's really delicious / refreshing. Same can be done with cucumber, as well! :) Best luck!
  • Jennifera714
    Options
    how long has it been since a loss?
    what exercise do you do, have you had any "days off" and ate something different? what are you stats, height weight ?
    I looked at your diary, it looks good, but I think that mfp over estimates exercise calories, so when I went to tdee method -20% I started losing again:)
    Louise

5 ' 7 Starting Weight: 184
    Current weight: 174
    Started diet exercising: May 20th, 2013 approx 2 months and a couple days

Mon-Fri 10 am : 150 squats
    12 pm: Walking 30 mins briskly
    3:00 pm: 50 squats
    6:00pm-7:00pm: 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels

Wednesday: Weights 10 lbs (20) mins
    Friday: Weights 10 lbs (20) mins

Saturday & Sunday: Rest
  • chickenchaser78
    chickenchaser78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    While I think the 9 minute number for nursing burning 300 calories is odd I would agree that over the course of a full day nursing does indeed burn that many calories. So if this 9 minute number is meant to be for a full day then I would say its accurate. If you aren't nursing all day then I would say that 300 calories could be overestimating, especially if you are only pumping once and are almost weaned.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Try the Eat, Train, Progress Group for answers. The advice I read there helped me through a stall.
    Diary is open. I have lost a merely 10 lbs but have not budged anymore, need NICE SUPPORTIVE ADVICE... thanks
  • newmanel
    newmanel Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Let me google that for you

http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-body/perks-and-health-benefits-breastfeeding

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/fashion/12Skin.html?_r=0

You're an absolute fool if you think 9 minutes of nursing will burn THREE HUNDRED calories.

Unfortunately I can't Google common sense for you.

I guess it was too much to expect copying and pasting. She logs that burn daily (and the numbers are consistent with a day's worth of breastfeeding) so the minute amount is arbitrary.