Respect on the boards

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Isn't today the other brother's ACTUAL birthday? Don't you have a cake to frost or some candles you should be lighting OP? If you're looking for something to do rather than bang your head against a breastfeeding cals thread, maybe bake that 2nd cake.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I am deeply concerned that you think 95% of MFP members are rational and intelligent.

But I guess that depends on the eyes you are viewing them from...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    You have a 20 year old stepson? :huh:

That must be awkward.

giggle_zps0706b6b0.gif

I love her
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Is there wine here?

Here you go:
    tumblr_mmbslfND9B1sq4neco1_500.gif
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you know that 95% of MFP people are respectful and eager to help, why do you dignify the rude 5% with a rant?
    This is the Internet. There are trolls and ill-advised people everywhere you can land your eyes on. 5% is a pretty low number, based on my experience....

tumblr_mk1cbn7JwZ1s3tqwco1_500_zps4dd296ba.gif

Thank you for the Beyoncé gif. Made me smile. :happy:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    When will people learn not to make these threads?

Oh I dunno, maybe when people stop being so needlessly sarcastic all the time

...so basically never
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wise little lady.. well said!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Glad this has been finally pointed out

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    If you know that 95% of MFP people are respectful and eager to help, why do you dignify the rude 5% with a rant?
    This is the Internet. There are trolls and ill-advised people everywhere you can land your eyes on. 5% is a pretty low number, based on my experience....

tumblr_mk1cbn7JwZ1s3tqwco1_500_zps4dd296ba.gif

Thank you for the Beyoncé gif. Made me smile. :happy:
    Yeah, she so purty.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I start crap on the internet for the same reason I attack mobs on the games I play and the same reason boxers spar for training. Experience.

In the game, if you defeat an enemy, you get experience.
    You spar with an opponent, you gain experience.
    I come on here and flame/bait/troll you, I gain experience.

I hope one day to become a high level internet character to earn the respect of my peers.

It's nothing against you. You're just experience.

vol-4-level-up.jpg&h=173&w=230&zc=1&q=90
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Is there wine here?

Bought some air poppep popcorn in the vending machine, seated and waiting for the office closing time while watching this. No wine in the vending machine, though...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    link the breastfeeding thread please...I need to go see if I need to rip a throat out

dittoes
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am going to make people mad yep I sure am!
    95% of the people on this board are rational intellegent caring people on here to help people. But there is that other 5% that has nothing better than to attack and nit pick anybody for a success, failure, question or problem. We need to be here to support each other, not to attack people. for the last hour I have been watching a breastfeeding mom get torn apart because she lumped her daily breastfeeding in to 1, 9 minute session.
    I got attacked yesterday for not making my stepson 20 year old a cake at 9 pm because I already knew I would eat it. I was proud of my husband for sticking up for me and so many people tried to make me feel selfish. I didn't figure I needed to explain humor or the fact that I stock my house with other goodies for him to eat.
    People stop for a minute and remember that there is another human being on the end of the computer that is getting the message that they are somehow less of a person. Because they asked for help or didn't even think to add in every bit of information that they didn't realize was going to get picked apart. How does picking someone apart help that person? How does it help the other people who are reading the nasty posts? Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen doesn't give you the right to bully someone online. Yep if you do this you are a bully!
    Remember the golden rule if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Actually, that's Thumper's Rule.

However, we are not juvenile rabbits, so I'm not sure how it applies.

I was going to point that out too, but didn't want to get classified as part of that 5%. The golden rule is One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself (wikipedia).

That being said I followed the OP thread with no comments, there were snarky remarks but I believe as a few other indicated you left a vital piece of information out. I agree ther vast majority on here are helpful and kind, but just as in real life you will in encounter *kitten* its up to you how to respond. My first few post I was furious and had a similar thread, I've come to realize thou that everyone is entitled to their opinion and they have a right to express it, but it is up to me on how to react.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I am going to make people mad yep I sure am!
    95% of the people on this board are rational intellegent caring people on here to help people. But there is that other 5% that has nothing better than to attack and nit pick anybody for a success, failure, question or problem. We need to be here to support each other, not to attack people. for the last hour I have been watching a breastfeeding mom get torn apart because she lumped her daily breastfeeding in to 1, 9 minute session.
    I got attacked yesterday for not making my stepson 20 year old a cake at 9 pm because I already knew I would eat it. I was proud of my husband for sticking up for me and so many people tried to make me feel selfish. I didn't figure I needed to explain humor or the fact that I stock my house with other goodies for him to eat.
    People stop for a minute and remember that there is another human being on the end of the computer that is getting the message that they are somehow less of a person. Because they asked for help or didn't even think to add in every bit of information that they didn't realize was going to get picked apart. How does picking someone apart help that person? How does it help the other people who are reading the nasty posts? Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen doesn't give you the right to bully someone online. Yep if you do this you are a bully!
    Remember the golden rule if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Actually, the Golden Rule is "innocent until proven guilty".

...that it is the duty of the prosecution to prove the prisoner's guilt subject to... the defence of insanity and subject also to any statutory exception. If, at the end of and on the whole of the case, there is a reasonable doubt, created by the evidence given by either the prosecution or the prisoner... the prosecution has not made out the case and the prisoner is entitled to an acquittal. No matter what the charge or where the trial, the principle that the prosecution must prove the guilt of the prisoner is part of the common law of England and no attempt to whittle it down can be entertained

Woolmington v DPP [1935] UKHL 1
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    you didnt get attacked, you had other peoples opinions, and you just didnt like it... thats what happens when you post something to a message board.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is there wine here?

There's lots of whine
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Is there wine here?

nope...but how about a shot?

tumblr_m66yz8POrF1qmr7tko1_500.gif

yes please
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Is there wine here?

Bought some air poppep popcorn in the vending machine, seated and waiting for the office closing time while watching this. No wine in the vending machine, though...

Bahaha, love it!!! :drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    090918_camping-couple.jpg

I think I'm just gonna set up camp here until someone links that breastfeeding thread or OP announces she didn't have enough cake to go around and wishes she'd baked that second cake.
  • rutzybabe
    rutzybabe Posts: 8
    Options
    I enjoy reading people's blogs as it gives me motivation and also that there are other people whose issues are similar to my own. Like yourself I would like support but not if its given in a negative way...this is defeating the person. I have to keep fit for health reasons and also because I feel a lot better when I exercise. I have stepkids too...and the relationship can be difficult but if you have a great relationship with yours...good on you!

Usually when people ***** it is usually because they have so many issues of their own they are unable to address them so they turn on people, such as yourself who give a positive message....keep going...you are doing well :-)
This discussion has been closed.