Respect on the boards

Options
123457»

Replies

• crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm pretty sure we are just amusing ourselves now. The OP hasn't chimed in for a while... pretty sure she is over what we have to say. Either way, this thread brightened my day!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    1778756-oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg

This. Mean People thread # 5,364,234
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    wait... this thread is about mean people??? i thought it was about sex cake and breastmilk
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am going to make people mad yep I sure am!

tumblr_mmy4znDjiR1rlgoxko1_400.gif

This made me LOL :laugh:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    speaking of sex cake... is tyler farr married?
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to regret this, but what the hell...

OP, in your post yesterday, you initially posted that you refused to make a cake for your stepson because you couldn't deal with it being in the house. Of course, in subsequent posts, it came to light that he was 20, and you were already going to be making a cake for his brother for today, but in the INITIAL post, you came across as the kind of person who was making the rest of your family "suffer" due to your own lack of willpower.

We learned that was not the case, but when people do not have all the information, they will respond to the information they DO have. Most people who were snarky in your thread, were replying to other posters. It seems we are unable to have cake threads on this site without people completely losing their minds.

The breastfeeding thread was one dude trolling (Hi Batman!) and a couple of snarky replies, because, once again, people didn't have all the information. Once they understood the situation, the snark stopped.

Most of the "rudeness" on these boards are actually people joking around. Not everyone shares the same sense of humour, and sometimes people react badly to the alleged jokes.

I am not going to address the cases where people are called rude for merely disagreeing, because that horse has been beaten to a pulp.

There are instances where people are deliberately being unkind, but those cases, just like in real life, are rare. Most of the time, it is miscommunication.

^^This..especially about most people just joking around(i Hope)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Last week it was clean eating. This week errbody's mean.

Can't wait til next week!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    I am going to make people mad yep I sure am!

tumblr_mmy4znDjiR1rlgoxko1_400.gif

^^^me, if i ever see tyler farr walking down the street...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well this thread devolved as I expected.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Remember the golden rule if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

I don't feel like reading through 6 pages to see if this has been said, so if it has I'm sorry for the repetition. OP tells people to remember the Golden Rule; conveniently forgets it applies to her, too.
    potmeetkettle_zps5b3dfefa.jpg
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

They always do. You can find the best .gifs in mean people threads. :smile:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    But how on earth would anyone think making a cake at 9pm for a 20 year old, regardless of relationship, was a reasonable request?

Agree

And you taught the 20 yr. old that cake does not equal love. One of life's great lessons. As no food equals love.

I'd say that is a great evening with a caring step Mom teaching a grown step son a valuable lesson.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Best of BOTH worlds--kittehs AND turtles!
    cute-turtle-cat-pals-400x299_zps22942aec.jpg
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    When will people learn not to make these threads?
    Probably when people feel there is no need to make them. But as long as the sarcasm and rudeness is on here, new people will mention it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    Remember the golden rule if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.
    Golden rule doesn't always apply to truth though. If someone says "Hey just started the HCG diet and want support", I'm probably not going to say anything nice about the diet.
    It's not always going to be a positive response, but if a response educates someone who lacked correct information, then there's good behind it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    But how on earth would anyone think making a cake at 9pm for a 20 year old, regardless of relationship, was a reasonable request?

Agree

And you taught the 20 yr. old that cake does not equal love. One of life's great lessons. As no food equals love.

I'd say that is a great evening with a caring step Mom teaching a grown step son a valuable lesson.

The original post specified neither the age of the child, nor the time of day.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    trolling-is-a-art-600x1024.jpg

PS OP, don't let the trolls get to you, they're making up for something they lack in person! Just take a deep breath and remind yourself it's not a big deal!
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen doesn't give you the right to bully someone online. Yep if you do this you are a bully!

No.

No.

No.

Just because someone expresses an opinion that is different than the one you want does NOT make them a bully. What you perceive of my words may not be the intent of my words at all. Inflection is hard to make happen when you type text. I say things all the time that gets me in trouble - I got introuble for saying "Life sucks... you can either sit in your pile of suck and cry or move on... that choice is yours" to someone one day, I was told I was attacking the person. That was not and never has been an attack. It was a general statement. I have told my 8 year old niece the same thing MANY times.

Sometimes I think people read into it alot so they can cry BULLY... not EVERYONE on this site is a bully. I am not a bully, sometimes I come across as a little harsh, or kind of a jerk but really all I am doing is saying my opinion and what I think is the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts and it sucks and people don't like it but it doesn't mean I am a bully.

Also if you post on a public forum you are going to get A LOT of different opinions. Are all of them going to be like yours? Nope. Are some going to be ones you do not like? Yup.

I just wish the forums would stop being so wha wha cry baby all the time and be more like real life. If someone approaches you in a manner you don't like and verbally says something you don't like do you tell on them or do you confront them? I personally confront them and tell them I do not like it.

Be an adult, deal with your problems. If you do not like the main forums go to the groups, if you don't like that stay on your news feeds. Its really a simple choice. There is no reason to get all wha what I want respect. Personally I do not respect people who whine and cry about something someone said on the forum that made them feel bad.

^^You are my new best friend. OK, I'll befriend anyone with some common sense.

I don't have a lot of friends on the net....:tongue:
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Golden rule doesn't always apply to truth though. If someone says "Hey just started the HCG diet and want support", I'm probably not going to say anything nice about the diet.
    It's not always going to be a positive response, but if a response educates someone who lacked correct information, then there's good behind it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^This, totally agree.
    Ironically what got me fired up and making my own thread like this was because I had done hCG. I've learned a lot and WONT be going there again. Slow and stead wins the race and will be the healthier one at the finish line. :)
This discussion has been closed.