What NSV did you have this week?

Options

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    When I had to drop something off to my partner at work, I was on my way to the gym in my work out clothes. One of my friends who works for my partner poked me in the stomach and said 'There's no wobble-factor any more!"
  • KellyyT
    KellyyT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    fit into my "skinny" shorts!

i've always been hippy, and wore a size 9 even at my lightest weight of 135 lbs. i'm almost 20 lbs heavier than my "skinny weight" (even though i've lost 25 lbs so far) and can fit into the 9's again! with NO MUFFIN TOP! WHOO! i'm barely over the halfway mark, but the fat must have redistributed and i've leaned up a bit, bc they fit great! =D
  • Exodus109
    Exodus109 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fit into a size smaller jeans !!! I am overseas, but if I was home, I would rush right out now and try on all sorts of sizes just to smile at myself and give God the glory for what He has done in me :)
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Doing THIS for the first time EVER was my NSV for the week :)

Not to mention, looking good while doing it, if I do say so myself hehe

2z40qdt.jpg
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A dress that was slighltly too small for me that I wore to a wedding in May, I've had to have taken in by over an inch to wear on Saturday!

Whoop!
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1. went to the gym 3 times plus 2.5 hr walk every day
    2. need to invest into some belts as pants I bought 3 months ago are falling off
    3. donated 3 bags of clothing (too big) to charity
    4. pulled out my M clothing out of storage bags and replenished my wardrobe with things I have not worn in a few years (still in fashion though, haha)
    5. have not had fast food or soft drink (since 1.11.12)
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    1. Realised that I had ankles not cankles
    2. Had takeaway pizza for the first time in months and made up the calories throughout the week
    3. Have achieved my lunchtime walk and evening walk most days this week
    4. Having to buy (UK) size 14 clothes. At my heaviest I was a size 20 - 22
    5. Achieving a more positive outlook
    6. Being able to enjoy food but finding a healthier way of doing it i.e lower cal snacks, bulking meals out with veggies
    7. Cooking from scratch most nights this week and last week
    8. Ditching my lazy 'cba' attitude and getting on and doing it....even when I'm tired or have had a rubbish day at work
    9. Despite a very challenging couple of weeks, I haven't turned to food for comfort (I used to be a huge emotional eater)
    10. Make a start on a plan for the other areas of my life that need attention

Wow! That's quite a list :-) That makes me very happy indeed!
  • debra6590
    debra6590 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    - in the grocery store last night my husband was walking behind me & he said, "your butt is getting smaller"

- my cell rang yesterday & my 9 year old answered it. he told my sister, " mom cant talk to you right now she's on her bike thing, she's going to make it to 60 minutes without stopping because she's a BOSS!!

^^ and i DID!!

Yay - kids are ace and you did well. WELL DONE!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    had to send back two size UK Size 20 outfits from different suppliers as too big. The 18s are slightly tight but another 3 months will sort that out.

Meeting someone from my workplace whom I had not seen for a year and she asked me how I had lost weight

My trainer commenting on how much weight I had lost from my face

And all this with only around 20 pounds lost but many inches. I just wish I could get over my scale obsession as, with intense weight training, the scales won't shift but I am dropping dress sizes. Ho hum!
  • debra6590
    debra6590 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I switched to a smaller bra size, yesterday. Yay! (Now to decide what to do with the "old" ones --that aren't very old at all... Wish I knew someone who needed them.)

There is a charity that donates them to the third world - http://www.againstbreastcancer.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising/recycling/513/bra-recycling/

or just try googling in your area to see what schemes they have
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Last week I ran my first official 5k and today I jogged 7k through the city! the sights i saw were amazing on the roads/trails that don't allow cars. it was new and exciting, so motivating
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I went from 0 pushups to 5. Sooo if i extrapolate that 500% increase, in a couple of weeks I should be doing thousands.

I also fit into a couple of my brothers shirts - much to his chagrin.

And look at how much your chance of sex has increased! Baha your ticker made me laugh!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Did a 20 mile bike ride for the second time with a friend, vast improvement in going round the route! Rode without stopping for much longer than the first time and that's in the space of a week! Was very proud of myself :)))
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I was walking with my husband and our dog and got a rock in my shoe. I reached down and plucked it out and kept walking. My husband stopped, and said "do you realize that you just reached your feet?" I hadn't even thought about it! Last summer I would have had to ask for his help to remove the rock and replace the shoe. That was a biggee for me.

Also my swim suit had gotten too big, so I dug into the bottom drawer and pulled out some old ones that I had outgrown years ago and found one that fit. One of those old ones was too big, too.
  • Freakbunny
    Freakbunny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went into Just Jeans and tried on 'Skinny Jeans' and had to go down two sizes! woooooohoooooo

But I held off buying them as I don't want to fork out $80 and then find they don't fit in another month or two, but what a thrill!
  • christianladybug
    christianladybug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fit into pants yesterday that I had not had on in over 7 years.
  • Releven
    Releven Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1. Didn't Eat 3 Snickers bar during golf league.

Doesn't sound that incredible but i'm still new here and that's saving 750 calories for me to eat better stuff so I'm pretty excited about it. Call it my first step if ya will haha
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1. Didn't Eat 3 Snickers bar during golf league.

Doesn't sound that incredible but i'm still new here and that's saving 750 calories for me to eat better stuff so I'm pretty excited about it. Call it my first step if ya will haha

Any improvement is a good one. :-) Don't sell yourself short. Not eating the snickers bars is a great thing if that's your usual thing to do during golf league. Breaking the habbit and forming new ones is the beginning. :-)
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I competed in my first Duathlon..placed 46th overall and FIRST for my age group !!
  • kristinksmith
    kristinksmith Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1. Fit into a pair of capris, a dress and a skirt that were too tight for the past two years -- but kept "just in case"
    2. Realized that I can run at a decent pace for quite the distance and feel pretty good -- at the beginning of the year a one minute jog was demanding
    3. Increased my hand weights from 3lbs to 6lbs for Week 1 Day 4 of Ripped in 30 -- and felt good afterwards
    4. The strapless bridesmaid dress that I had to buy in my biggest size ever actually barely stays up -- will need to get it altered for my sister's wedding. Woohoo!
    5. Because of my great success over the past 60 days, my husband is joining the "get healthy" bandwagon (this is one of my goals on my profile page)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!