whats the best way to lose weight!!??

Options
2»

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Slowly, but steadily. Every day make small, sustainable changes. This is for a lifetime, so make new habits that you can live with.
  • mp_deep
    mp_deep Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Slowly, but steadily. Every day make small, sustainable changes. This is for a lifetime, so make new habits that you can live with.

This is the key.
  • rochey_1
    rochey_1 Posts: 37
    Options
    TBH i agree with most here..It's discipline.

Think of your body like an organic computer..It's mind over matter mostly.

Many of us have trained our bodies to eat more than they should..We trick our brain into thinking we're hungry when we're thirsty.

What you have to do is fight really...Be stubborn...when you find yourself craving those fizzy drinks...Think of a slimmer you and a happier you...Then say no to yourself...It gets easier, It really does.

To start with don't cut them out cold turkey...Food/drink are addictions too...Wean off them, then jump on to maybe some 'Robinson's' diluted that you can mix with water...All that sugar won't help you get to where you want to be.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    http://holisticsquid.com/cultured-strawberry-soda/

Or if you don't want to be that "hard core"
    There's flavored soda waters at Whole Foods or Sprouts
    without the added carcinogenic aspartame
    that is in soda waters elsewhere.
    Read labels!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi I really struggle to keep to diet as I am addicted to fizzy, high sugar drinks

PLEASE HELP ME

Drink water. I bought a beautiful, BPA free water bottle that holds 32 oz., add lemon slices, keep it around all day, and drink 2 a day. It has really helped.

The first month, I drank a chocolate Slim Fast shake for breakfast and one snack. I eventually ditched the shakes, but the chocolate and sugar in them helped me transition sugar out of my diet (I have a hard time with sugar and am happier without it -- I'm addicted to it, it wrecks my skin, and gives me headaches).
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    feel fortunate that there is a single thing that you can cut from your diet and lose weight....if I could just quit drinking sodas and lose weight I would be thrilled.......
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was "addicted" to diet coke for years. I mean like 10 cans a day addicted. But it's been a year since I have had a diet soda, well maybe 362 days total. I started drinking mineral water so I can still get the fizzy ahhh feeling, then slowly switched it up to water with lemon wedge to now just plain water. I don't even crave soda anymore.

Moderation is key * have your diet soda every other day don't need to restrict yourself , id say plain coca cola is the best option though . prefer real sugar over artificial sweeteners that are basically "chemical concoctions"

I'm a sugary-soda fan too and although I'm just getting started, I've found that mixing a little bit of fresh squeezed juice with sparkling water actually helps me a lot. I'm not going to tell you that it tastes just like soda (because that's not true) but for me it's a happy medium between water and soda.
  • ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was "addicted" to diet coke for years. I mean like 10 cans a day addicted. But it's been a year since I have had a diet soda, well maybe 362 days total. I started drinking mineral water so I can still get the fizzy ahhh feeling, then slowly switched it up to water with lemon wedge to now just plain water. I don't even crave soda anymore.

Moderation is key * have your diet soda every other day don't need to restrict yourself , id say plain coca cola is the best option though . prefer real sugar over artificial sweeteners that are basically "chemical concoctions"

I'm a sugary-soda fan too and although I'm just getting started, I've found that mixing a little bit of fresh squeezed juice with sparkling water actually helps me a lot. I'm not going to tell you that it tastes just like soda (because that's not true) but for me it's a happy medium between water and soda.
    ^ This is good advice. Plain soda water (NOT tonic) is 0 calories. Mixing in a few ounces of juice or adding fresh fruits / herbs is a wonderful replacement for soda. You get all the sweetness and fizz without the calories or artificial sweeteners.

I'm particularly fond of soda, lime juice, and muddled mint leaves. Adding a shot or two of gin makes it extra special. :wink:
  • mavis2013
    mavis2013 Posts: 5
    Options
    Bottle water is easier for me to drink verses water in a cup. Also stop buying it. I treat myself to a diet Pepsi when I'm out but if I don't uy it I can't drink it.
    Sorry for typos on tablet..ugh :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You are not "ADDICTED" you just really like it. Mental attitude and determination.
    Start cutting down. Find a substitute for your soda.... change / build new habits.
    :bigsmile:

This ^^ Many people have food(s) that are harder than others to cut back on. You just have to want it badly enough. Which do you want more - to lose weight, or drink only enough soda to fit your goals? It's your choice.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Take a dump, its free quick and like ta da instant weightloss.

On searious note, steady and healty thats the best way