Seriously Subway??? Don't trust Jared...

Options

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My standard sandwich, the veggie on flatbread with cheese comes to around 350.

Depends on the sandwich you order.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    3 words... class action lawsuit.

contact these folks.

7244875.png

they specialize in transferring money from one party to another, with only a temporary detour through their own bank accounts, where excess funds are deducted to lower the weight of the settlement, which in turn helps the remainder travel to you even faster!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    If you don't trust them for anything it should be because the things going on your sandwich aren't very fresh. I know three people that used to work at Subways (different locations) and was told that they re-label the ingredient bins.
    That can be said about pretty much any chain though. I worked at McDonald's for 3 years, and the sandwich meats, fries, etc. had timers that would go off when they were too old and should be tossed, but no one ever tossed them (unless the big-wigs happened to be there which only happens a couple times a year, tops). People would either reset the timer or just leave it at 0 so you never knew how long the food stayed there after it first went off.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Its not actually subways fault you didn't do your due dilligance.

My lunchs are actually 700 calories most days a 600 calorie lunch is fine - although I do not eat breakfast, and I eat more than 1200 calories a day. But even still 600 calorie lunch.. 600 calorie dinner and exercise calories on top of it which is probably another 400 calories on average thats like 1000 calories for dinner.

Jared's 6" subs did not include any dressing nor did they include cheese. Right there that cuts calorie.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Wow! This person seems to just want to vent and you all are giving them the what for!!! They are just saying it sucks! They know now they screwed up, and I'm pretty sure we've all been there!!

the topic title leads one to believe that subway has done a disservice to this user.
    as it turns out, she suffered from her own ignorance or naivete.

properly titled thread would have been called "man, i counted wrong" or "i love cheese, but shucks..."
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Mine is 350 with cheese...before using MFP i seriously did not get the calorie count right for my subs. I pulled up website and put in everything I include on my sub and it calculated all of the calories and nutrition information for me and I printed it out and entered it into MFP. Now I dont worry when I go there because i know what I can have in my calorie range.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    they have a calculator on their website that will tell you exactly what your sandwich is before you even go for easy pre-logging :)

i have mine logged before i even step foot in subway my usual is around 380 cals
  • bhavnoor
    bhavnoor Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow! This person seems to just want to vent and you all are giving them the what for!!! They are just saying it sucks! They know now they screwed up, and I'm pretty sure we've all been there!!

Thank you for your support and understanding. :flowerforyou:
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love subway! I just look it up on their website if I want something different. I usually get turkey or grilled chicken
    all the veggies -lettuce
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options

the topic title leads one to believe that subway has done a disservice to this user.
    as it turns out, she suffered from her own ignorance or naivete.

properly titled thread would have been called "man, i counted wrong" or "i love cheese, but shucks..."

Or..."I blame the companies that make the food rather than myself for my own weight issues"
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    I don't know if all Subways do this, but here you can turn any sub into a salad. That saves quite a bit of calories and adds volume to your meal. But yes, it's always a good idea to double check the nutritional data.
  • p2smommy
    p2smommy Posts: 64
    Options

LOL .. and it's Friday.. the oddest things are making me snicker...
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    it's important to verify the calories that your logging for your food

That is what people need to focus on.
    Do not just assume that someone else on MFP was correct in what they logged.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I love it when people confuse calories and nutrition and say things like, "I thought it would be healthy...but it had XXX calories." Caloric density has nothing to do with whether something is nutritious or not. There are a lot of nutritious and healthy foods that are also calorie dense...there are a lot of foods pretty much lacking in any nutrition whatsoever that are low or no calorie. One has nothing to do with the other.

Also, it's a sammich...made with bread...bread is a calorie dense carbohydrate...I guess I didn't realize that this was such a shocker. I also eat about 600 calories for lunch pretty much every day and lost 40 Lbs just fine. I rarely have a meal less than 500 calories...anything less than that is a snack.

OP...I'd just chalk this one up to a learning experience...they'll be many along the way.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    WHAT?! Someone should get the government to pass a law requiring all fast food restaurants to put the calories of their food items on the menus!!!! :explode:

THIS!! I got the Wendys flatbread once it looked so healthy well I could have eaten a BigMac
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Don't assume....check the nutritional info. Problem solved.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Jared allegedly ate 6 inch turkey subs for lunch and footlong veggie delights for dinner. Condiments vary. Cheese varies. You're not going to lose weight off chicken bacon ranch sandwiches UNLESS IT FITS INTO YOUR DAILY CALORIE GOAL. You're right... don't trust "Jared" or what subway portrays to be easy, do the research of what was involved and what will work for you.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    why wouldnt you look on their website to begin with? its not subways fault you didnt calculate correctly.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Thank you for your support and understanding. :flowerforyou:

lololol
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Subway cheese tastes like cardboard…skip it.