Seriously Subway??? Don't trust Jared...

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    600 calories 3 times a day is not bad at all.

thats 1800.... which is way too much for a female

Since when ??? :noway:

I guess my body didn't get the memo on this one. :indifferent: Only on lazy days do I eat less than 1800 and those are really lazy days.

edit: Oh and I'm losing weight at an average of 2lbs per week.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I stick with turkey or oven roasted chicken , cheese , lettuce and vinegar in wheat or Italian bread and that's goes from 310 to 350 calories.

I use to add mayo but apparently they don't understand when you ask for just a little bit of mayo because they still add a bunch of it.
  • emmie0022
    emmie0022 Posts: 14
    Options
    I calculate mine on the website under 400 calories - that is my fast food choice when the rest of my family gets carry out.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My sandwich is 290 cals. I never get cheese, ever. And I always ask the server to rip out some of bread and that makes the cals even less! :)
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Depending on BMR and goals, 1800 is feasable!

I guess my body didn't get the memo on this one. :indifferent: Only on lazy days do I eat less than 1800 and those are really lazy days.

^^^^ congrats!
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options

you left out the major point of my post....

and not healthy what so ever to be your only 3 meals
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Wait, you misjudged the calories, but you shouldn't trust Jared. How does that work?

Sounds more like you shouldn't trust you.

I GUESS I COULD HAVE TITLED MY POST BETTER. I'LL KEEP IT IN MIND FOR NEXT TIME. I MESSED UP AND I REALIZE IT AND NOW I AM GOING TO BE MORE CAREFUL IN MY CALORIE LOGGING IN THE FUTURE.

COULD YOU ALL CUT ME A LITTLE SLACK PLEASE

Did you not see what the OP posted or do you just like being mean:grumble:

As has been pointed out, the edit was made to the original post well after I posted, in response to posts like mine.

Do I like being mean? No. Did I intend to be mean? No.

Sarcastic? Exasperated? Blunt? Sure, I'll cop to all those. But OP needed to hear that they cannot trust their judgement, and also cannot blame anyone else for that lack of judgement. A message she's obviously received loud and clear, and that I only repeat for the sake of my response to you.

Sugar coating everything contributed to us all being here in the first place.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should get a salad instead of a sandwich. Subway offers salads.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    hahah~ my sub i used to get was about 1200 calories+the yogurt+a bag of chips.

And then veganism.
  • irivas1
    irivas1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

As I mentioned in my post right above this person's.... I'm a female at 1850/day and only eat 3 meals/day which are generally around 500-700 calories each. I work out 4-7 days/week, and I'm consistently losing a healthy amount of weight (usually 0.5-1.5 lbs/week) in a healthy way.
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options

As I mentioned in my post right above this person's.... I'm a female at 1850/day and only eat 3 meals/day which are generally around 500-700 calories each. I work out 4-7 days/week, and I'm consistently losing a healthy amount of weight (usually 0.5-1.5 lbs/week) in a healthy way.

she left out my major point....

3 subway sandwiches a day as your food.... you will never get all the nutrition your body needs without other foods added to it. thus you will be starving and will eat more.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I like that a lot of people saw that Jared lost weight and assumed and lead by advertising that it was all the Subway sandwiches that did it.

Anyone and I mean anyone, that goes from consuming 3 meals of delivered food at over 5k calories a day and completely sedentary to walking to get their food and reducing their caloric intake by almost up to half will lose weight. it wasnt the food itself that did it, it was that fact he ate less and began to burn more. I wish that Subway would be required to publish that info every time they toute the healthy benefits of their food in advertising.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

she left out my major point....

3 subway sandwiches a day as your food.... you will never get all the nutrition your body needs without other foods added to it. thus you will be starving and will eat more.
    My post didn't leave that out.

True, 3 subway sandwiches per day isn't going to give your body what it needs. However, no one said anything about 3 subway sandwiches per day as the only foods, just that having 600 calories for a meal with 3 meals/day isn't bad.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just bought subway today, roasted chicken I will eat the other half tomarrow.... So many years back I did the subway diet and lost 28 pounds but stopped cuz I couldnt afford it:ohwell:
  • bhavnoor
    bhavnoor Posts: 36
    Options
    I like that a lot of people saw that Jared lost weight and assumed and lead by advertising that it was all the Subway sandwiches that did it.

Anyone and I mean anyone, that goes from consuming 3 meals of delivered food at over 5k calories a day and completely sedentary to walking to get their food and reducing their caloric intake by almost up to half will lose weight. it wasnt the food itself that did it, it was that fact he ate less and began to burn more. I wish that Subway would be required to publish that info every time they toute the healthy benefits of their food in advertising.

I totally agree :smile:
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The sub i get has 360 calories...I get the oven roasted chicken breast, american cheese, and yellow mustard and some veggies on wheat bread!!!
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I think the lesson here has nothing to do with Subway or Jared. The lesson is .... calorie and nutrition info is plugged into MFP by HUMANS. Don't know where they reference their info, but I look on MFP to see what the closest thing is, then I verify the info against the company website (if a restaurant/fast food) or against the label (if a food item with a label affixed. If the item I pick from MFP is not accurate, I either A) edit the info based on posted facts/data, or B) create a new item through the food diary that better represents what I am eating.

Once it is in my "favorites" I just add it when I need to, no additional verification needed. So it's not Subway or Jared at fault ... we are all responsible for fact checking the data we use ... I often find MFP entries that are not accurate. It's up to me to make sure I am using the most accurate data available, or enter my own!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Typical advertising. They're borrowing from the car dealerships' playbook and advertising something stripped down compared to what the majority of buyers actually get so they get people in the door and don't bother responding to getting called on their shenanigans to minimize the backlash when people learn things like how much exercise their spokesprop got simply getting to the store or hear others remind them that said spokesprop is a male (read: higher maintenance calories) and taller (even higher, given an equal age and height-to-weight ratio) than much of the chain's customer base.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    subway is not good for you. the wheat bread is not 100% whole wheat which is better for you. and its loaded with high fructose corn syrup.