Why weighing NUDE is wrong!

Options

Replies

• lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I weigh in my pjs....because the scale is in the hall and I have 3 teenage sons...weighing in nude is not an option!

I think as long as you are consistent....doesn't really matter.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    nothing done when nude is wrong

cooking bacon.

maybe not wrong, per se....but painful.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    And you get to decide what is right and wrong because . . . . ?

I'm sorry, but this is a really dumb thing to have a conversation about.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Giving your mom/grandma a hug?
    Babysitting little nieces and/or nephews?
    Volunteering in a hospital?
    Etc...
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options
    NAAAAKED!
    Always naked!
    Just 'cause.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the doctor's scale or any other scale says. I'm only interested in my scale at home. Weigh myself same time of day and underwear only. Any fluctuation within 2-3lbs difference doesn't bother me anyways.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

cooking bacon.

maybe not wrong, per se....but painful.

hahaha good point!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I always weigh NAKED...

This is a ridiculous topic but its Friday so I get it.

Just wanted to say congrats on your progress, fantastic work!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Still going to stick with the naked option. I like being naked though.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That seems like a lot of work for something so trivial.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I weigh in my underwear. The nurse always looks a little ill at ease, but pffffft, I don't care!

Me thinks you want the nurse to get all hot and bothered. Nurse fetish much? :laugh:
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I always weigh NAKED...

Yep. And first thing in the morning after a bathroom pitstop...
  • VeganGlasgow27
    VeganGlasgow27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Naked, before eating breakfast or drinking anything.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

My P.O. might disagree with you....
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure we should be doing everything naked.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    meh, just keep it consitent...i could care less what the doctor scale reads. always, in the morning, naked
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I weigh in the nude, same scale, every week, and I don't go off other scales, because they are not the norm for me. I'm glad the doctor weighs me at more or less, because it rolls off my back, it's not my normal scale, or normal time of day, on my day that I weigh in, so I don't record it anyways.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My doctor has never wanted to weigh me. Should I demand she does next time I go in with a sore throat? :tongue:

I weigh on the same scale at the same time each week naked. I'm not massively obsessed by my weight anyway, it goes up and down a bit through the month for various reasons, a downward trend and my clothes fitting better is a good enough indicator that I'm on track.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    How do you weigh yourself?

Personally, I think weighing yourself in the nude is a recipe for disappointment. First off, scales vary! So if you go to another scale, it's probably going to read a pound one way or another. Second and most importantly, unless your doctor's office is different than anyone I have been to in the past 20 years, they weigh you first with your clothes on before you go into the smaller waiting room. So that's bound to bug people who are trying to lose.

Even at work, we were doing what we called a "Fat Off" and we always have to weigh with our clothes on. So it made not sense for me to weigh myself nude if every other weigh-in I did outside of my home was going to be with clothes.

So my tip... find something that weighs as much as your typical outfit. And then if you want to weigh in nude/undies you can use this extra device to make up your clothing difference. I use a low pulley row handle from my gym, it happens to weigh about 4lbs and I weighed my typical outfit and it also weighed about 4lbs.

The reason I brought this up, is I have heard complaints from people about their weigh-ins outside of their home. I would still try and weigh in at the same time anytime you do, otherwise you will run into differences. But the idea here is that you would limit the difference to a small margin.

If you disagree, let me know why?

I weigh at home on my own scale so I don't worry about fluctuations from clothing. If i have to weigh on a Dr.s scale, I don't take that as my true weight. Problem solved.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    See this is why I insist that my doctor weight me whilst I am naked.

:laugh: