Why weighing NUDE is wrong!

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Master does not let me wear cloths at home.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It's also more convenient to be already nude since every time I step on the scale and can now read it without bending over I get "excited" :bigsmile:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    It's a non-issue.
    Doctor's office scale (clothed) tends to show me at 3 pounds heavier than my home scale (naked).
    So what?
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    I always evacuate my colon, and administer a coffee enema before weighing myself.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    1012997_500205200051402_1885225885_n.jpg
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Wait, we get to count our clothes as body weight? Is that LBM or fat tissue? I assume not water weight...
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :huh: But my clothes aren't actually a part of me. I want to know what I weigh - not my clothes.

^haha I agree with this! I expect it to be different at the dr but I don't compare that to what i weigh at home. Apples to apples... as long as one consistantly weighs at the same time and in the same (nude/clothed) condition, one sees progress.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I always evacuate my colon, and administer a coffee enema before weighing myself.

lmao
  • ashleew1117
    ashleew1117 Posts: 158
    Options
    Is this really even a post? I mean really? Who cares if you weigh in the nude or with clothes on?? It's up to the person. Next?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself when I'm naked.

Although the security in the shop weren't too impressed when I tried testing the scales when I went to buy a new one. :grumble:
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Let me know If anyone has questions on how to weigh themselves nude.. I will send video to show proper technique
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    uqYCFZf.png

I think the only time it makes a difference is if you are trying to ensure weight standards for something like military service -- the difference of weight between scales & clothing can have a HUGE impact on your quality of life...
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Let me know If anyone has questions on how to weigh themselves nude.. I will send video to show proper technique

You're doing it wrong, you have to set up a digital drop box for people to send videos to you so you can critique there...."form"
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Actually I think clothes can bring you down. If you are stepping on a scale fully clothed you are adding like a pound or two. That can hurt you mentally because it seems like no weight is being lost. I weigh in my undies so I can know exactly what I weigh. To each his/ her own.
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I weight on my wii fit... It's give option to take off allowance for clothes I never do so I suppose I'm weighing with what I have on. Pretty light clothes tho....

I just lost a little over 2 lbs on my ticker because it finally clicked in that selecting 'light clothes' on my Wii Fit was the reason my home number and gym number was different ! :laugh: I'm a little slow in the mornings.... :yawn:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I prefer seeing my measurements =) Far more satisfying =D

Me too. I was surprised by that actually. I'd been very happy losing a pound a week but when I felt like my clothes were looser and I measured and saw I'd lost inches from my weight I was ten times happier. And fitting into a dress I hadn't worn in years gave me so much more pleasure than a number on a scale :smile:
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Might be wrong for YOU since you seem to often weigh yourself outside the home....I only weigh myself at home...and the doctor weighs in kg while I weigh in in pounds, so I don't pay attention to what the weight at the drs office is anyways. I prefer to weigh myself before I put clothes on for the day...I can't imagine wearing the same clothes every day just to get good scale reading.
  • SteviMcEwan
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom, and I am always in the buff (because I sleep sans clothing). It's not something I think about. Also, I never weigh myself at any other time of day, so it will always be consistent. I'm not worried about it.

I am the same. I only ever weigh myself on the same scales because then it's consistent. I also weigh myself at the same time of the day while I am naked.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the nude at home. I always use the same scale.

I don't care what my clothes weigh or what I weigh at the doctor's office or anywhere else. Yes, scales weigh differently; pick ONE scale & use that for tracking.

And please do not use the scale as your only means of judging progress. It only measures total weight.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself every two weeks at my health clinic with clothes and shoes on. Even though I have another 30 kilos to lose I don't really care what I weigh from one weigh-in to the other. What interests me is my general state of health, my measurements and only lastly what I weigh. And since my clothing is pretty much the same each time , I am happy if the scale goes down even with clothes on. If I weighed 94 kilos last Friday and maybe weigh 92 kilos next Friday it means that I have lost 2 kilos/4.4 pounds if I am naked or not.