What are you doing with your "FAT" clothes?

Options

Replies

• DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My friends have first dibs on mine, and anything they don't want goes straight to Goodwill. It feels so good to get rid of them!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I work in a little convenience store so all my customers have noticed that I'm losing weight.. I have several tops already spoken for by a few different customers! They check my progress by how loose "their" top is on me and let me know when it's time for them to take it off my hands!!! Most of these ladies have been all up and down the scale and have some stuff from their smaller days and are happy to share what they have too so everybody wins!

I have a sister who would fit many of the clothes I'm getting rid of now. She's much younger than me and she's always been smaller than me and I don't want to draw any attention to the fact that I might be smaller than she is. It just seems so unnecessary.... If I have an especially nice article of clothing that she hasn't seen me in (we live in different states) Then I'll give it to her next time I see her and tell her that I picked it up at a thrift shop for next to nothing and it was screaming her name. I already did this with an expensive coat and she's none the wiser and she loves the coat!

Anything that doesn't get snatched up by my customers or that isn't appropriate to give to my sister, goes to the local thrift shop.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am planning on having 1 more kiddo in a couple of years, so I am actually hanging onto a lot of my clothes.... just in case. I know that I will never give up fitness or healthy eating again, but being preggers you never know. I am not one of those girls who can fit into their pre-pregnancy jeans 2 weeks after giving birth.... but I might be this time around with my new found love of health!
  • laurah3131
    laurah3131 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I donated most of mine. Kept my fattest fat jeans. Was going to make a quilt out of them though. Turning the clothes I wore because of the comfort food I ate into another kind of comfort. But I can't sew. lol
  • laurah3131
    laurah3131 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And once when a woman in line admired the sweat jacket I was wearing that was 3 sizes too big - well, i just gave it to her right there.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Most of mine are super worn and have holes in, or stains from colour or bleach from when I was doing hair. I have one pair of size 18 jeans I hold on to to hold up to my current ones to remind myself of just how far I've come. other than that, when they get too big and worn out, I tend to bin them. Even if I were to donate them, they're not in any condition where GW or anything could sell them.

Speaking of... I've a closet to go through... I just remembered most of my shirts are officially too big. I am keeping a couple of shirts for when I get to my goal that I'm going to tailor down (like the one I have with a picture of a bunch of vampires stealing from a bloodbank that I find entirely too amusing to ever get rid of). Everything else MUST go. I refuse to get back into them.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Friends get first dibs for the really high end good stuff, then goodwill and the trash goes in the trash!
    I have a friend who is designing denim shorts that are all 'blinged' out and selling them in a small shop so I gave her all my jeans, she was excited because she is tiny and has tiny friends and was lacking in the larger sizes (16).
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I used mine when I was pregnant :) I just had my baby yesterday and am back in my less-fat clothes but still 7lb away from my pre-baby weight. I'll slowly loose the rest and probably will donate those clothes soon. It really felt great to wear my fat clothes at 39 weeks pregnant and they fit :)

That's what I plan on doing as well. They will probably be comfy postpartum as well.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i fashioned a large sail, and am actually in the middle of the pacific on my journey around the world!

the wifis out here are PHENOMENAL!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've gotten rid of most of them. I held onto some "in case" we decided to have another kid and I might need transitional clothing, but since then I've decided I am going to give what's left to my friend who is super broke and losing weight and in my old size now!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how trendy it is. Since I'm still a little broke, I will occasionally sell the trendier items at a resale store. Otherwise it gets donated to either catholic charities or to my church who takes it to a domestic violence shelter, depending on who, between my boyfriend and I, manages to remember to drop it off.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what you are doing with all your "fat" clothes? One of the best part of a healthier lifestyle is getting to buy newer smaller clothes, fitting into things that we wouldn't have thought about twice of buying X numbers of lbs ago.

Me personally once Ive completely out shrunk a piece of clothing I either give it away to charity or bin if not suitable to give away. I don't want to keep any of it apart from 1 item to remind me that this is how you use to be dont come back here.

So what are you thoughts?
    :flowerforyou:
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm saving them in case I get fat again.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I started taking it to Goodwill in the beginning, but then my gym would host a clothing swap every few months so I've started to do that. It's brought us together as a community. =) I swear, my friend Angela owns half of my old wardrobe now. Hoping next time I have even more to offer her as we both keep shrinking!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    i fashioned a large sail, and am actually in the middle of the pacific on my journey around the world!

That's because you're piggy-backing the signals from all of the broke down Carnival Cruise ships stranded and adrift.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

That's because you're piggy-backing the signals from all of the broke down Carnival Cruise ships stranded and adrift.

you hush.

now get back below deck or i'm gonna make you swab my mast again.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

you hush.

now get back below deck or i'm gonna make you swab my mast again.

Let me grab my Q-tips...oh wait...you said those were too big last time.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I give mine to a friend who is also losing weight.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I throw out clothing that is in bad shape and donate most of the rest when they are too big to wear. The very best go to consignment in the hopes of getting some money to help me purchase a smaller-sized wardrobe. If I did not need money to replace the clothing I would donate my suits & work-appropriate clothing to the "Dress for Success" clothes closet at the local One Stop Employment Center.

I've already shrunk out of all the clothing I was wearing at my heaviest. I have very little luck finding clothes at thrift stores. I'm wearing clothes I got on clearance at local stores & online for about what thrift stores charge. Most of these clothes should still be in good shape when I've shrunk out of them & I plan to take them to consignment.

My closet has a lot of empty space in it & my dresser has lots of extra space, too. This shrinking business is wonderful but completely replacing one's wardrobe a few times gets expensive!

I'm not keeping any of the largest size pants I had. I know for a fact they were at least one size too small. lol...
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I got rid of mine. Even though there were a few things, such as tops, that probably still fit, when I wore them, I still felt fat, like I was seeing the old me! YUCK! So, everything new, and a couple of purses and earrings and bracelets, etc.