Replies

• angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Library assistant.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I had a paper round for a few years, started when i was 12. Then, when i was 15, I started as a waitress at a friends restaurant.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Office assistant for an attorney when I was 14.
  • brixtonbanner
    brixtonbanner Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Swindon Wyvern Theatre 17 yrs old
    "Stand Here" they said"and hold this towel up in front of you"
    Next thing I knew a naked actress was wrapped up in the towel
    "we gave you that job because we knew you were too nervous to look"
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My first real job with reportable income was at age 18 teaching gymnastics at a local YMCA. Fun times!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    My first payroll job (as opposed to babysitting or whatever) was when I was 15-16 and worked after school and summers as an office assistant at the geophysics department of the University of Washington. It was shortly after Mount St. Helens erupted so things were interesting. My mom worked upstairs in another department so that's how I got the job.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    delivering milk to doorsteps aged 13
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    McDonald's when I was 15. Worked there all through high school.
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Had my own lawn mowing business at 13.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    11 years old

I worked at one of the oldest miniature golf courses in the country. Instead of that green stuff they use now they holes were make of packed sand. We had shoes with no tread and every 30 minutes we went around with cement trowels and a watering can smoothing out any footprints or imperfections. Seriously.

A round took about 20 minutes so then we get 10 minutes off until we did it again. We knew all the places to sit during those 10 minutes to get the best view down women's tops as they bent over to put there ball down on the tee or pick it up out of the hole. :tongue:
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Military at 17. U.S. Army.
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Picking up discarded whiskey bottles out of the ditches along the roads to sell to a bootlegs for reuse. I got 3 to 5 cents depending on the shaped and size of the bottle. I was 10 years old ---- Now that was back in the early 1950s.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    age 9, pulling dandelions for the neighbor to earn $1.00 a week, paid for two trips a week to the community pool.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Library Assistant at age 16, for three hours every Saturday, pay was £2.40/hr which was amazing pay in them days!!!
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Other than babysitting, my first real job was as a typist/catalog-stuffer in Southern California while I was in junior college. We typed address labels, stuffed catalogs in envelopes, glued on the addess labels, sorted them by zip/province code, stuffed them into mail bags, and took them to the post office. The company made the pole vaulting/high jump pits used at the Montreal Olympics and bean bag chairs (which I got cheap), so it was kind of cool.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    travel agent for a guy who turned out to be a drug dealer
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    age 15-17 worked in a paper factory making round corners on notebooks. This job made me want to go to college
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    McDonalds , I was 17

I tried fixing it too, sorry :(

looks like tinypic is the only way i can do it . but I finally got it . THANKS ,for trying to help.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    My first paid job was picking blueberries for 7cents/lb when I was nine. I started babysitting at 12 and got my first "real" job in a delicatessen at 16.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    McDonalds at 15 yrs old.

From what I remember...

Starting pay : $6.50 ish
    Ending pay: $9.25 ish

A lot better than my minimum wage which was $3.35, I think... :laugh: