30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    started lvl 2 yesterday.. yikes the plankish moves are difficult and I know I'm just not doing them all correctly! but boy today my butt is sore! lol
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Trilby - It certainly is a change in lifestyle. My favorite exercise used to be walking to my seat at the stadium, maybe honestly still is, but...after I got on to daily exercise I truly enjoy it now. Yes it will be nice to reach maintenance and be able to skip a day or a workout or maybe even two but by reaching that level and having the eating knowledge I do now, I am so going to enjoy my new found self. Give it a try, you might learn to like that sweat! It is all about choices.

TimCent - took me the first half of each level to get the form right. Looking forward to repeating the 30 DS in a month or so and I bet I get even more out of it without being at the bottom of the learning curve! Hang in there.
  • piwijpoukasi
    piwijpoukasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'm a little late to this thread, but just finished L1D5 today... I feel like I already am a bit more toned, although I've put on 3 pounds... oh well!

I was just wondering - for those who are on levels 2 or 3, how are they on your knees? Do you modify? I have an old sports injury that I don't want to aggravate (especially just before my vacation in August!) but I want to follow the DVD as closely as possible without injury.

Thanks in advance!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    K - those are amazing results!

I'm on day 14. I'm still on level one. I'm going to take my time and move ahead when I've mastered some of the moves.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I was just wondering - for those who are on levels 2 or 3, how are they on your knees? Do you modify? I have an old sports injury that I don't want to aggravate (especially just before my vacation in August!) but I want to follow the DVD as closely as possible without injury.

I have sensitive knees, too. I roll up the edges of my yoga mat for comfort.
  • steffer20
    steffer20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Day 14 done!(L2d4) lookin forward to lvl 3.
  • nydc
    nydc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Level 3 Day 8 done!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Your almost there! Are you liking level three about now?
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Started level 3 today! Love love love it!!
  • steffer20
    Options
    Day 15 done.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what in the hell is a "shred"
  • ksnel3
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what in the hell is a "shred"

The 30 Day Shred is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. It's circuit training divided into 3 different levels which you do for 10 days each.
  • nydc
    nydc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your almost there! Are you liking level three about now?

I know, EEK! Level 3 is my favorite i think... I skipped doing it last night due to being exhausted from going to Doctor appts. all day lol
    So Level 3 Day 9 done tonight!
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Starting Level 3 today. So far I've lost a total of 8.5 inches and 5 lbs. Keep in mind that I have not been doing it for a straight 30 Days. I do the DVD 3-4 times per week while mixing in other cardio and strength training (mostly Zumba, walking, and lifting). Even though this has taken about 2 months, I'm still pretty happy about my progress!

SW: 145
    Height: 5'6"
    Thigh: 21"
    Calves: 12.5"
    Hips: 37"
    Waist (at belly button): 34"
    Bust: 36"
    Arms (flexed): 11.5"
    Torso (narrowest part): 29"

CW: 138
    Height: 5’6”
    Thigh: 20.5”
    Calves: 13”
    Hips: 35.5”
    Waist (at belly button): 32”
    Bust: 34”
    Arms (flexed): 11”
    Torso (narrowest part): 28”
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm back from my trip to Switzerland and ready to get right back to it! I think I will alternate between the three levels (assuming I can find level 3 on youtube) because the one thing I didn't like about it was the monotony of doing the same routine over and over.
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD, it looks painful
  • sleivian
    sleivian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 30 day shred for the first time tonight and I would really like to be buddies on it. I had my daughter a little over 4 years ago, and after gaining 55 lbs with her, I got back down to 120 in December. I started a really tough teaching assignment last year and ended up gaining back to 132. I am currently 130 and would like to be down to 115. (I am 5' 3" and my pre-prego weight was 100,so I don't think it's unreasonable). If anyone wants to be a friend, I would love encouragement. I am a 27 year old single mom and I need to get my confidence and happiness in order.
  • ksnel3
    Options
    I haven't checked in lately, but I finished 30DS yesterday. I lost 2lbs, and 19 inches!! I have a ways to go still, so I am starting ripped in 30 tomorrow. After that I'll probably go back to 30DS.

19bc5ad6-8181-4640-8654-e47a18368180_zps2eb67209.jpg
  • ksnel3
    Options
    I am starting the 30 day shred for the first time tonight and I would really like to be buddies on it. I had my daughter a little over 4 years ago, and after gaining 55 lbs with her, I got back down to 120 in December. I started a really tough teaching assignment last year and ended up gaining back to 132. I am currently 130 and would like to be down to 115. (I am 5' 3" and my pre-prego weight was 100,so I don't think it's unreasonable). If anyone wants to be a friend, I would love encouragement. I am a 27 year old single mom and I need to get my confidence and happiness in order.

I just finished, but you are more than welcome to add me! I have 2 kiddos under 2 and getting my body back is priority to me right now. 30DS definitely helped me a lot!
  • steffer20
    Options
    Wow nice job. Big difference.