What food can't you stop eating once you start?

Options

Replies

• dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hopefully after enough time, the real foods taste better than the junk and you get healthier in the process.

I can finally say that is true for me, but it was a long slow process and definitely did not happen overnight. I'm no longer even tempted by my old favorites, even though I have also gotten to the point where I *can* only eat just one (or at least one serving) of pretty much any food, no matter how addictive it once was to me.

One tip for when you really want to have one of those trigger foods is to only eat one serving size and do not eat anything straight out of the bag or box. It's too easy to just keep on going if there is no resistance.

At least that's what happened to me. YMMV.
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    Nuts! And Ritz crackers are my weak spots.
    When I was little I could eat a whole roll of ritz crackers with cream cheese smushed between two and a milk coffee to accompany it.... mmmmm (BAD BAD BAD)

I could probably eat three rolls in a sitting! so buttery and salty..afdsghgfgadghnfg
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    custard creams are my downfall i can't just have 2 it leads to nearly the whole packet lol so i try not to buy them!!
  • fluttershyskies
    Options
    Cheesecake :ohwell:
  • GlassCutter7
    GlassCutter7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ice cream gingerbread cookies, and green olives are the ones that I don't have control over.
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    NUTELLA! I can't be trusted with it. I had to just completely stop buying it. There was some in my cabinet when I started MFP a year ago and I made a heartbreaking decision to throw it away. Heartbreaking decision? Wow, I'm dramatic today. Anyway, about an hour later, I actually reached into the trash to get it out (it was on top, but still... disgusting, I know). I was just going to have "one more spoonful" but I stopped myself... and had to pour a bunch of salt all over it just so I wouldn't be tempted again! I can't believe I just admitted to that.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas. I will eat them to the point of crying and keep going. I just don't buy them anymore, it's safer.
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • ELVISDEAN
    ELVISDEAN Posts: 77
    Options
    nutella...ice cream...nutella...ice cream;)
  • JasminBillings2922
    Options
    Cheesecake :ohwell:
    I didn't even think of cheesecake!!!! YUM want some now! :(
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hot cheetos and dill pickle chips mmm just thinking about it is making my mouth water:love:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Salted mixed nuts
    Good pizza
    Good macaroni and cheese
    Fried pickles

Not that I CAN'T stop. It's just really a challenge.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Everything. I still eat everything I enjoy.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Since ever. I traded in the milky varieties for real dark chocolate (70 or more %).
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Food
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The second glass of wine is hard to resist, once that's been finished and if there's still some left the third is harder and if that gets drunk then any food becomes fair game, cheese and bikkies (if we have them) and a glass or two of port may follow! It all seems to snowball.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Pringles -- with the appropriate slogan, "Once you pop, you can't stop." :p
  • MichelleAnn10
    Options
    Chips and salsa!! Those free chips before a meal at restaurants....my biggest struggle!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Crunchy Nut. Golden Grahams. Hell, most cereals. LOL! But Crunchy Nut is KING and totally gone within a day or two.
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    vanilla Chex and any potato chips